Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #16
Mudgirl930
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for the info. I am really glad that I changed this. My DD's favorite is Ariel, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that she is there.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #17
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Just as an FYI. Belle is almost always the greeting princess. But that is not set in stone as it is with Cindy appearing at CRT. Every now and then they have a scheduling issue and Belle is not there. Thankfully that is not very often. I assume that by now Belle is in her new gown in this location, but have not heard that for certain. Just so you know, Belle never appears at CRT any more. The only other place to meet her in her yellow gown is at Enchanted Tales With Belle in the MK. The only other place to get Belle's autograph is in France in Epcot, but she is in her blue instead of her yellow gown.

We have enjoyed this meal many times throughout the years. I know a lot of people say the interaction is better than at CRT, but honestly, I've had good and bad at both. Mostly it's just luck of the draw.

It does have the advantage of being just 1 TS credit, compared with 2 at CRT. Now that my daughter is 12, we have cut back from doing both of these to doing just one. And CRT wins. It's in the castle after all. But you won't be disappointed.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #18
ssleblanc
How many posts until I'm not a Mouseketeer anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Just as an FYI. Belle is almost always the greeting princess. But that is not set in stone as it is with Cindy appearing at CRT. Every now and then they have a scheduling issue and Belle is not there. Thankfully that is not very often. I assume that by now Belle is in her new gown in this location, but have not heard that for certain. Just so you know, Belle never appears at CRT any more. The only other place to meet her in her yellow gown is at Enchanted Tales With Belle in the MK. The only other place to get Belle's autograph is in France in Epcot, but she is in her blue instead of her yellow gown...
At our lunch last week, Belle was in her new dress. I know that some don't like it much because it looks less like the dress in the movie. But it does more closely match the dress that Santa brought my daughter for Christmas (which I hear he got from Disney ). That really played into my 3 year old's vision of "matching" Belle, which added to the magic for her.
1974 - Disneyland, stayed with relatives; Thanksgiving 1984 - Offsite (back when WDW was EMPTY on Thanksgiving); Summer 1992 - Disneyland, stayed will relatives; October 1996 - Offsite; October 1998 - 25th Anniversary Celebration, ASMu, September 2006 - Coronado Springs; February 2013 - Mardi Gras at Port Orleans Riverside
ssleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #19
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

Quote:
Just as an FYI. Belle is almost always the greeting princess. But that is not set in stone as it is with Cindy appearing at CRT. Every now and then they have a scheduling issue and Belle is not there. Thankfully that is not very often. I assume that by now Belle is in her new gown in this location, but have not heard that for certain. Just so you know, Belle never appears at CRT any more. The only other place to meet her in her yellow gown is at Enchanted Tales With Belle in the MK. The only other place to get Belle's autograph is in France in Epcot, but she is in her blue instead of her yellow gown.

We have enjoyed this meal many times throughout the years. I know a lot of people say the interaction is better than at CRT, but honestly, I've had good and bad at both. Mostly it's just luck of the draw.

It does have the advantage of being just 1 TS credit, compared with 2 at CRT. Now that my daughter is 12, we have cut back from doing both of these to doing just one. And CRT wins. It's in the castle after all. But you won't be disappointed.
When did Belle stop coming to CRT? Is it b/c of BOG? I just had her at CRT in September.

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Blackbeltdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #20
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeltdisneygirl View Post
When did Belle stop coming to CRT? Is it b/c of BOG? I just had her at CRT in September.
It was sometime soon after that when they started doing Enchanted Tales With Belle regularly. So sometime after September when you were there, but before 11/19 when the area opened for good. She also left Town Square Theater around the same time.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #21
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

Quote:
It was sometime soon after that when they started doing Enchanted Tales With Belle regularly. So sometime after September when you were there, but before 11/19 when the area opened for good. She also left Town Square Theater around the same time.
Ah. Ok. I was surprised when I read your comment b/c it feels like I just saw her, but then I thought it through and figured it had something to do with that. We saw her in blue. She was also still in yellow when we were there in September at Akershus. We won't be going to Akershus this time as we won't have the kids, but will go back in December 2014 to visit her. We love breakfast there.

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Blackbeltdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #22
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

We did it for dinner on our last trip and were less than impressed. I would actually go so far as to say it's been our least favorite character meal.

Belle, at the front, was amazing! We loved everything about that moment. The princesses at the table seemed very rushed and stopped for a photo op and that was about it. I have two boys, so maybe they thought they wouldn't enjoy the interaction? We mainly ate there for me because I wanted to try the mushroom ravioli (didn't live up to the hype for me), but my kids like any and all characters (even if they favor some over the others). We also had them in shirts that said Future Prince Charming, so I thought they might make a big deal out of it - Belle did, she fussed over them for several minutes. The others had a little comment for the "Princes" at the table, but that was it.

I put them in the shirts a few nights later when we ate at 1900 Park Fare for dinner and had a great experience (Cinderella gushed over them, the prince made them Princes in Training and give them all kinds of tips, and the stepsisters fought over them).

In comparison, when we ate at CRT, that was the best character interaction we've had! That wasn't on our last trip, it was in 2010 and they were all great!

Although I don't put much stock in individual character experiences - we could eat there next time and absolutely love it - it all comes down to who is playing the characters on the day we eat there. Luck of the draw.

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
AshleeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #23
lwells523
Earning My Ears

Booked ADR

So I booked this breakfast for my kids for our trip in April. Im a Disney noob but im learning quickly. So you have to have a Park Ticket to Epcot to go to this meal correct? Wasn't actually planning on visiting Epcot so i really need to have the Park Hopper to accomplish this meal and visiting another park in the same day am i right?

lwells523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #24
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

To attend a restaurant located inside a theme park, you must have valid admission to the park. So yes, you must have a ticket to get into Epcot, and if you planned to eat at Epcot and then visit another park on the same day, you would need either a park hopper or a separate one-day ticket. The one-day ticket would work but it would not be cost-effective.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 02-20-2013 at 04:24 PM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #25
hotcarib
DIS Veteran

Princesses

hotcarib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #26
hotcarib
DIS Veteran

Food

The cold buffet includes:
pickled herring
pickled beets
usually a cucumber and tomato salad, greens
salami
poached salmon
smoked whitefish(?)
macaroni salad
gjetost,american and swiss cheeses
mixed greens
Menu changes but staples are the meatballs and mashed potatoes

hotcarib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #27
lwells523
Earning My Ears

Ok thats what i thought. Its cool, I know i can make that work. Plus those pictures are great andi know my daughter will love it and that will make it all worthwhile.

lwells523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #28
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

We love it !! Great pics, too !! Just wish they still gave out the Gnome cookie to the kids for dessert !! My daughter used to love that !!!
tinkerhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:10 AM   #29
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

hotcarib, Thanks for the pictures Your DD is so beautiful and that menu looks nice

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: