Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #1156
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Man, this has been a week. I'm going to assume I haven't missed anything.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #1157
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Well that's oblivious!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #1158
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Might as well post it here too.

There is a great disturbance in the Force.
http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/20...il-carrie.html
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 03-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #1159
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Just the usual brilliant stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
I truly wonder how some of those people survive in reality
They don't really act like that. They just post it in virtual world to make themselves feel superior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
The twins have been coming down stairs during the middle of the night and sleeping in our bed. This has been going on for about a year. It started as once in a while then one kid for a week straight and then they'd switch. For about the last month or two it has been both kids. One is down between two and three and the other is between four and six in the morning. Usually it is not a big deal, I don't even realize they come down. but there are some times I wake up with a foot in my back and can't get back to sleep. Anyone have any strategies for getting them to stay up stairs? Or any idea when this stage will end?
Have to say that we carried them back to their bed immediately, so we did not allow it to happen very often. Now that they have a habit, it may be more difficult. They only suggestions I can suggest would be to add something to their room and make a big production - babies sleep with parents and big kids sleep in their room with what you added - new stuffed animal, pillowcase with name on it, etc. Then, you have to carry them back once you realize it and hope it stops.

We have went thru times when they wouldn't sleep. So, we added some Benadryl at times. We did melatonin on occasion with oldest, but she was older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Getting the Penguins trained to fly and carry a load!
You are going to need a lot of penguins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
That's DOUBLE the reason to visit Jasmine and seashell-clad Ariel!
Who needs an extra reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
The way I look at it, I'm keeping that stroller safe in case the owner comes looking for it. On top of that, I'm going to clean it for them!
Are you keeping it safe by hiding it in the garage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
Good Morning Dads. Report writing and record keeping today.
Condolences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Had to post a proud dad moment. We had our first round playoff game tonight. The team as a whole didn't play very well. In the last 5 minutes, DS drained 3-3 point shots to pull away and we won by 8. It was awesome and saved his coaches butt (mine) from an early exit. Next up Friday night.
Congrats to DS.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 03-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #1160
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Weighing in on the kids in bed...as it's been mentioned, every situation is different, and there is no magic answer.

But with us (kids are older now), I found that sometimes they really were scared or had a reason to be in our bed, and other times they seemed to just take advantage of the fact that "they could". It then becomes a routine, and just normal practice if you let it get that far.

We kinda put our foot down, and said enough is enough. New rule - everyone sleeps in there own bed. If you need anything, and it better be a legit reason, then come on in and tell mommy or daddy,
but if you just want to come in, NO!. You have your own bed, and it is in your room.

Every Night we would tuck them in, give them a kiss good night, and tell them we love them. But they had to stay in their own beds.

We also found if we let them sleep with an extra stuffed toy (or a few extra) they'd be happy.

Seemed to work, but we never really let it get to a point where they were SO used to coming over.

On a side note: we have friends of the family, and the mother let her son sleep in their bed as a baby... and he NEVER left... he is about 15 now, and still sleeping in mom's room. Dad NEVER sleeps in that room anymore.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 03-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #1161
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

Who needs an extra reason?

Jasmine wearing clamshells?

Keep going in babysteps at the new store, trying hard to fend off boredom and a bit of depression from the situation of having nothing to really do. Today helped as my past two managers both called me looking for help on stuff, and finally got some areas to look after. Not my choice of sections, but I'll look after Champagne, French/German/Italian Wine and Coolers. Also got an alarm passcode. All helps me get settled in.
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 03-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #1162
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Evening guys.

Quote:
Had to post a proud dad moment. We had our first round playoff game tonight. The team as a whole didn't play very well. In the last 5 minutes, DS drained 3-3 point shots to pull away and we won by 8. It was awesome and saved his coaches butt (mine) from an early exit. Next up Friday night.
Good stuff! Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
we've got snow and freezing rain coming Saturday. Winter just doesn't want to go away.
Same here. Ready for it to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
I'm the wrong person to ask. My 2yo is in our bed every night. My DW does not discourage this. I will be making a stand soon that will probably only end up with me being relegated to the couch.
We don't allow the kids to come into our bed at night, but they can come in and hang out in the morning. It works well. If DD is having a tough night we'll go in to her room and sometimes crash in her bed for an hour or so, but she never comes in ours. DS is still pretty young, so keeping him out is easy.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #1163
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Congrats to DS for saving the coaches butt.

Quote:
You are going to need a lot of penguins.
Got a chuckle out of that one.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #1164
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Jasmine wearing clamshells?

Keep going in babysteps at the new store, trying hard to fend off boredom and a bit of depression from the situation of having nothing to really do. Today helped as my past two managers both called me looking for help on stuff, and finally got some areas to look after. Not my choice of sections, but I'll look after Champagne, French/German/Italian Wine and Coolers. Also got an alarm passcode. All helps me get settled in.

Glad you are settling in, but hate to hear it is not very exciting. Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post

Got a chuckle out of that one.
Don't encourage me.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 03-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #1165
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Don't encourage me.
Good advice!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #1166
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Thanks for the advice guys. About a year ago DW had knee surgery and couldn't do the stairs to put the kids to bed (We have a main floor master and the kids sleep upstairs.). So on nights I had to go to work they slept with her. Once she could do the stairs the problem stopped. Then it started up again in the summer when DD started having nightmares. After that she was in our bed two weeks straight. It got better for a time but now the pattern of them has gotten to where it is now.

I'm definitely going to talk to both of them and see what is bringing them down. I will also do the, "You're a big kid, you don't need to do this anymore." speech. That worked with a few issues when they turned 4.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 03-08-2013, 04:17 AM   #1167
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus

Morning Guys!! ITS FRIDAY!!!

Matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
Old 03-08-2013, 04:24 AM   #1168
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post
Morning Guys!! ITS FRIDAY!!!

Matt
Morning Matt! I love the smells of Friday in the morning

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 7/12/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 03-08-2013, 04:26 AM   #1169
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Morning Matt! I love the smells of Friday in the morning
Smells like... *snifffffffffffffffff The weekend

Matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
Old 03-08-2013, 06:43 AM   #1170
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Weighing in on the kids in bed...as it's been mentioned, every situation is different, and there is no magic answer.

But with us (kids are older now), I found that sometimes they really were scared or had a reason to be in our bed, and other times they seemed to just take advantage of the fact that "they could". It then becomes a routine, and just normal practice if you let it get that far.

We kinda put our foot down, and said enough is enough. New rule - everyone sleeps in there own bed. If you need anything, and it better be a legit reason, then come on in and tell mommy or daddy,
but if you just want to come in, NO!. You have your own bed, and it is in your room.

Every Night we would tuck them in, give them a kiss good night, and tell them we love them. But they had to stay in their own beds.

We also found if we let them sleep with an extra stuffed toy (or a few extra) they'd be happy.

Seemed to work, but we never really let it get to a point where they were SO used to coming over.

On a side note: we have friends of the family, and the mother let her son sleep in their bed as a baby... and he NEVER left... he is about 15 now, and still sleeping in mom's room. Dad NEVER sleeps in that room anymore.
Funny - that's not the story Seth told me. He said he had to put his foot down with you coming into his room.

He said he had to give you one of his stuffed animals so that you wouldn't be scared.

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, penguins, post padding, star wars

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: