Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #3316
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
For some reason with that store, even with 50% off and bonus dollars, I always feel we still could have got it somewhere else cheaper anyway of the week
Glad I'm not the only one. I stopped shopping there when they pulled a bait and switch on some kitchen appliances a few years back. Sign said "Kitchen Appliances 40%" then gave the savings break down over a rack of Kurigs. We picked up the coffee maker we wanted and realized we didn't get the sale price. So, off to guest services we go. They said it wasn't on sale. We asked to see the manager. We took him to the rack and showed him the Kurigs on the sale rack. His response was that since the Kurig's price wasn't listed on the breakdown it wasn't one of the sale items. Needless to say we returned everything we bought and haven't been back since.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Old 04-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #3317
Grooovertoo
DIS Dad #572

So my MIL called yesterday and told my DW that she had her debit card hacked and that the culprits spent over $1K at the Dollar Store? Can you imagine spending over $1K at the $1 store? Amazing, simply amazing.
DisDAD Member #572 Dave Darla & Dana (9)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #3318
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

‘Morning all…
Things are starting to calm down a bit. May that trend continue.
Man I could use some time in The World…

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Morning

Well Brian, you wanted to know if a srtike deadline was set, it's going to be May 17th. Looks like they are aiming for the long weekend for leverage. Before it was always the summer.

Now I get to stress myself earlier this year! I've always get the fear "this is the year" and if we do go on strike, any substantial length will jepordize the August trip. I really don't want to strike, but it's not up to me. My other great flaw is I am always a "worst-case-senario" type of guy.
May it not come to that worst-case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Glad I'm not the only one. I stopped shopping there when they pulled a bait and switch on some kitchen appliances a few years back. Sign said "Kitchen Appliances 40%" then gave the savings break down over a rack of Kurigs. We picked up the coffee maker we wanted and realized we didn't get the sale price. So, off to guest services we go. They said it wasn't on sale. We asked to see the manager. We took him to the rack and showed him the Kurigs on the sale rack. His response was that since the Kurig's price wasn't listed on the breakdown it wasn't one of the sale items. Needless to say we returned everything we bought and haven't been back since.
Yah… they did you dirty there.
We shop there from time to time but I pay no attention to the “You Saved” or the “Sale Price” stuff there or anywhere else. No one saves anything; you either do or don’t buy it for the price listed. That foolishness makes me nuts. The various “rewards cards” are the wackiest. There’s no reward of any kind. You still pay exactly what the seller wants to charge for the item; you’re just agreeing to surrender you privacy in that transaction and allowing them to track and attempted to exploit your purchase habits in exchange for them not gouging you and raising the price farther.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #3319
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooovertoo View Post
So my MIL called yesterday and told my DW that she had her debit card hacked and that the culprits spent over $1K at the Dollar Store? Can you imagine spending over $1K at the $1 store? Amazing, simply amazing.
Sorry to hear that. Being a debit card makes it worse. Had it been a credit card, the damage could have been limited.

We got one of our credit cards hacked a couple of months ago. Interestingly enough, the bank thought that the charge was suspicious because it was a purchase over $300 at a chain store we almost never use and in a city where we had no spending history. So they denied the charge and sent me an email asking if it was a valid purchase. Needless to say, it wasn’t. Not expecting that type of efficiency from a bank, I didn’t respond to the email but rather called them directly. They confirmed that it was a valid warning, that the charge was denied and then immediately canceled the card, assigned a new number to our original account (so we wouldn’t loose the history) and then even FedEx-ed new cards to us the next day. Like I said, I was very surprised to get that kind of service.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #3320
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Wouldn't you think spending that much at a Dollar Store might just raise a red flag???

Unless of course the person who did it was an employee there, but that would be even more stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Yah… they did you dirty there.
We shop there from time to time but I pay no attention to the “You Saved” or the “Sale Price” stuff there or anywhere else. No one saves anything; you either do or don’t buy it for the price listed. That foolishness makes me nuts. The various “rewards cards” are the wackiest. There’s no reward of any kind. You still pay exactly what the seller wants to charge for the item; you’re just agreeing to surrender you privacy in that transaction and allowing them to track and attempted to exploit your purchase habits in exchange for them not gouging you and raising the price farther.
A tip that works for most of the "rewards" cards: A lot of times you can go to places and get one and just "forget" to send in the attached mailer with your personal information. The card you have still swipes and works like normal when you go into the store.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #3321
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
I was surprised when I went in there once and they sold things for more than a dollar. I think that is false advertising. Still, couldn't imagine what you could buy in there for $1K. Do they sell Sudafed or other meth making stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
And they lost a current sale and future sale. But, they count on other sheep believing how much they are saving by spending.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 04-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #3322
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
‘Morning all…
Things are starting to calm down a bit. May that trend continue.
Man I could use some time in The World….
Found two receipts in my rain jacket pocket from WDW. It took me right back there.

Quote:
Now I get to stress myself earlier this year! I've always get the fear "this is the year" and if we do go on strike, any substantial length will jepordize the August trip. I really don't want to strike, but it's not up to me. My other great flaw is I am always a "worst-case-senario" type of guy.
That is a stressful time. Prayers for all involved. I am one of those worse case guys as well - it will either be the worst or hopefully better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Oh and remember it is once again Hump Day. You all need to try again but hey, let's be careful out there.
Somehow, I don't think all my nose blowing and hacking will improve my chances from last week.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 04-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #3323
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Morning

Well Brian, you wanted to know if a srtike deadline was set, it's going to be May 17th. Looks like they are aiming for the long weekend for leverage. Before it was always the summer.

Yeah, I saw the news saying they were targeting the long weekend.

I guess beer sales will be up for a while...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 04-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #3324
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Greetings from cold, rainy central Indiana

I love Spring I had my physical this morning and I asked the Doc about my allergies. He said the best cure would be to move somewhere warm. I'm considering that a prescription to move to WDW

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 11/1/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 04-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #3325
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Greetings from cold, rainy central Indiana

I love Spring I had my physical this morning and I asked the Doc about my allergies. He said the best cure would be to move somewhere warm. I'm considering that a prescription to move to WDW
Excellent idea. CJ has plenty of yard space for all our campers. CJ, go ahead and install another water and electric hookup. The DisDad campers are rolling.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 04-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #3326
jmwest
DIS Dad #578
A little inspirational reading for anyone who gets discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!

So I thought I would go on the Disney site to try and price out rooms for Marathon Weekend. Every resort I look at says that no rooms are available. Could it really be completely booked or is it too early to try and do so because they haven't set 2014 rates?
DDC Member #578

Me DW DD7 DD3 and DSnewborn
Old 04-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #3327
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Morning Guys.

Hope you don't have to strike Brent. I have never been in that sitution personally but DW was close a few years ago.

Oh and remember it is once again Hump Day. You all need to try again but hey, let's be careful out there.

I'll be careful in all my hump-related endeavours.

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 04-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #3328
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Morning Guys.

Hope you don't have to strike Brent. I have never been in that sitution personally but DW was close a few years ago.

What are you trying to say Darcy?

Old 04-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #3329
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Damn, looks like no discounts for anything late August....another roadblock to overcome.....

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 04-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #3330
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Go figure, PETA bought a mere 80 shares of Seaworld stock, and that's enough to attend shareholder meetings, Now they want to free the whales

I told my guy I wanted 1000 shares if it opened at $20 or less but it opened at more like $30 so it was a no deal, if 80 shares can get you into shareholder meetings I wonder what 1000 would do
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, penguins, post padding, star wars

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: