Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #3076
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
You need to post some pictures.
Like that's going to happen!

Old 04-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #3077
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Really crummy news this week. Lets hope we hear a string of good news stories for at least a few days.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #3078
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Horrible news out of Texas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki
Disneyland it is!
And Barry wins the interweb.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Old 04-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #3079
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

‘Morning all…
Got busy yesterday? What’d I miss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
There was a lot of posting because there wasn't a lot of humping.

Well apparently, it’s not “what’d I miss” but rather “What’d y’all miss”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Morning guys.

I guessing you are all well rested today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Thoughts and prayers going out to the Fine People in West Texas, TX!
Tragic. There’s something about April…
Prayers are being offered, be sure of that.
Then we’ll see if there’s more that can be done.

Quote:
Need some advice. For reasons that are unfathomable to me, DD7 says she might like to try a vacation somewhere besides WDW. Being the good father that I am I first checked her temperature and then made sure she hadn't accidentally got into my liquor cabinet. Neither of those things seem to be out of order so I told her I would take it under consideration. She mentioned maybe a beach trip. What can anyone tell me about Myrtle Beach in June? I've never been but might look into it. Of course I would bring my clubs along if we decide to go there. Any resorts you could recommend? With DW being pregnant she doesn't want to go in the ocean so it would have to be someplace with a good pool. I'm not sure about this but should probably keep an open mind. Should I consider someplace else on the coast?

Well, it is the south so it will be hot and humid. It is a resort, so it will be more crowded in the summer. Avoid Memorial day, Independence Day and any of the “Biker Weeks” though and the crowd is manageable.

What you want to get out of the trip is also important. If you just want to spend time on the coast and take in the local flavor of the area, then I agree with Norm and say shoot for Hilton Head (and travel at least once into Charleston). If you want the more touristy beach experience Myrtle is the place (in SC at least, but still make a point to travel down to Charleston at least once). If you’re going there will certainly be plenty to get into. It’s like any other self-respecting tourist town… plenty of food, golf and “attractions”. The caliber of what’s offered if very similar to what’s in the Pidgin Forge / Gatlinburg area of TN (which is a lot closer to you but obviously lack ocean front vistas).

Next, every place has a pool so that’s not an issue (there’s no shortage of folks that go to the beach to sit by a pool). There is also no shortage of golf. That’s their number one draw actually. Find a resort on a golf course and you’ll be set, but it may not be ocean front. Find a resort that’s ocean front and you wont have far to go to find the golf courses. We go all the time, but stay in a place that we own so I can’t recommend a specific resort but... I’ll be happy to do some recon for you. Just ask your questions and I’ll poll the locals and get back to you.

Bottom line…
It’s nice, but talk DD out if it if possible.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #3080
oXar
Mouseketeer

Ahhh so there's an app for the disboards. Maybe this'll keep me around these parts, doubtful but it's worth a shot
Old 04-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #3081
budamacdvcr
DIS Dad #737

Quote:
Need some advice. For reasons that are unfathomable to me, DD7 says she might like to try a vacation somewhere besides WDW. Being the good father that I am I first checked her temperature and then made sure she hadn't accidentally got into my liquor cabinet. Neither of those things seem to be out of order so I told her I would take it under consideration. She mentioned maybe a beach trip. What can anyone tell me about Myrtle Beach in June? I've never been but might look into it. Of course I would bring my clubs along if we decide to go there. Any resorts you could recommend? With DW being pregnant she doesn't want to go in the ocean so it would have to be someplace with a good pool. I'm not sure about this but should probably keep an open mind. Should I consider someplace else on the coast?
How about looking at Disney Vero Beach, right on the beach, cool pool, kids water play area and Disney service. We did this for a week and enjoyed it but next time would do 3 or 4 days at VB Resort after maybe 3 days at WDW. Something like this could accomplish the beach, golf and WDW.
DIS Dads #737
me DW DD (19) DS (17)

WDW 20 Trips, DCL 8 Cruises, March '13 DLR

Old 04-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #3082
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by oXar View Post
Ahhh so there's an app for the disboards. Maybe this'll keep me around these parts, doubtful but it's worth a shot
It would take away from your Facebook time.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #3083
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by oXar View Post
... oh yeah, there's an app for the Pub too.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #3084
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Really crummy news this week. Lets hope we hear a string of good news stories for at least a few days.
Let's see...Boston, poisoned letters sent to D.C., Texas explosion, Gosnell trial (which nobody is covering for some reason), North Korea...

Yeah, I hate this week. This is just horrific. The best thing I can say is: go make somebody else's week a little better.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #3085
oXar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post

It would take away from your Facebook time.
I can get away with a lot more on Facebook than I can on here
Old 04-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #3086
jmwest
DIS Dad #578
A little inspirational reading for anyone who gets discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
There was a lot of posting because there wasn't a lot of humping.

Well, I would recommend Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort. Hotel inland with beach resort with your own vehicle or shuttle. We really enjoyed it. But, we are DVC and I have not stayed in any other resorts in that area. Good luck.
Looked at that. Rates seem kind of high for what you get. Though HH is not out of the question as the destination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
Justin - we've vacationed in Myrtle Beach in June the past 5 years. It's extremely busy there then - and the weather is pretty hot and humid.

But there is plenty to do - especially if you're a golfer.

We usually stay at my parents timeshare. It's the Marriott Ocean Watch - and it has a great location and nice pools. I'm pretty sure you can rent there as well. There is also a hotel next to it.

It's a nice vacation - but I'd take a WDW trip over it any day!
I'd choose WDW too but DW and DD want to try something different. DW because she won't be able to ride the 'fun' rides and DD because, well, obviously we've spoiled her with too many trips to the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Disneyland it is!

Oh. Well, good luck with that.
I immediately thought about that, BUT DD7 is still afraid to ride a lot of things, DW's condition, and DD2 is (who would ride anything) is too little to ride much. I think we'll save that trip until we all can enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post

Well, it is the south so it will be hot and humid. It is a resort, so it will be more crowded in the summer. Avoid Memorial day, Independence Day and any of the “Biker Weeks” though and the crowd is manageable.

What you want to get out of the trip is also important. If you just want to spend time on the coast and take in the local flavor of the area, then I agree with Norm and say shoot for Hilton Head (and travel at least once into Charleston). If you want the more touristy beach experience Myrtle is the place (in SC at least, but still make a point to travel down to Charleston at least once). If you’re going there will certainly be plenty to get into. It’s like any other self-respecting tourist town… plenty of food, golf and “attractions”. The caliber of what’s offered if very similar to what’s in the Pidgin Forge / Gatlinburg area of TN (which is a lot closer to you but obviously lack ocean front vistas).

Next, every place has a pool so that’s not an issue (there’s no shortage of folks that go to the beach to sit by a pool). There is also no shortage of golf. That’s their number one draw actually. Find a resort on a golf course and you’ll be set, but it may not be ocean front. Find a resort that’s ocean front and you wont have far to go to find the golf courses. We go all the time, but stay in a place that we own so I can’t recommend a specific resort but... I’ll be happy to do some recon for you. Just ask your questions and I’ll poll the locals and get back to you.

Bottom line…
It’s nice, but talk DD out if it if possible.
Thanks for the tips. We are not tied to any specific destination. Just doing some research to try and decide. We'll be driving so I would probably just bring my clubs and play 1 round but that's not the goal of the trip. We might be more inclined to go to HH and make a trip to Savannah as well while we're down there. The heat doesn't bother me if we're going to the beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budamacdvcr View Post
How about looking at Disney Vero Beach, right on the beach, cool pool, kids water play area and Disney service. We did this for a week and enjoyed it but next time would do 3 or 4 days at VB Resort after maybe 3 days at WDW. Something like this could accomplish the beach, golf and WDW.
Still exploring options but I think if we aren't going to WDW for the week I will save an extra 4 or 5 hours of driving and try a new place I haven't been before.
DDC Member #578

Me DW DD7 DD3 and DSnewborn
Old 04-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #3087
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Thanks for the tips. We are not tied to any specific destination. Just doing some research to try and decide. We'll be driving so I would probably just bring my clubs and play 1 round but that's not the goal of the trip. We might be more inclined to go to HH and make a trip to Savannah as well while we're down there. The heat doesn't bother me if we're going to the beach.

I like the idea of using HH as a means of getting to both Charleston and Savannah (I need to get back to Savannah some time myself… really nice town). Another option in SC might be somewhere in Georgetown country between Charleston and the Grand Strand. Mark did a TR that included a good bit of time spent in Pawley’s Island that might interest you as you research this possibility.

Here’s a link to that one…
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2967974
Old 04-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #3088
Grooovertoo
DIS Dad #572

Mentioned hump day...got an appointment for a later date.
DisDAD Member #572 Dave Darla & Dana (9)
Old 04-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #3089
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
‘Morning all…
Got busy yesterday? What’d I miss?

That's what I'm talking about!!!
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 04-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #3090
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooovertoo View Post
Mentioned hump day...got an appointment for a later date.

Seems you did better that most.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, penguins, post padding, star wars

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: