Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #2506
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post

Only if Mitch Williams was in net.
ooohhhh happy days!!! next to the birth of my daughter, that night has to be one of the happiest nights of my 47 years!!!
TOUCHEM ALL JOE, TOUCHEM ALL!!!!
im off to go sit with a bunch of phillies fan tonight at the iron pigs game. what you have to do for your kids.......
Old 04-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #2507
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious

I tell my wife I'm always happy to practice.

Practice makes perfect! God knows none of us will ever be perfect, so....... Practice practice practice!!

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
,OCT 14 POR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #2508
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex71 View Post
Good morning!

I am super excited about the ~10% chance of being able to change our 7-night WDW summer vacation to a DCL 8-night cruise on April 26th (this year!) so I have to come share. How sad is that? (Being excited at a slim chance, I mean.)

My wife has never wanted to take a cruise before. With all the issues with Carnival lately, I thought the possibility of us taking our first cruise was flushed down the toilet (unless you were on the Carnival Triumph.) She was even more set in her ways to never cruise.

Then I found out I could possibly get a good deal on a cruise out of Galveston in three weeks. I emailed DW this morning about the possibility of taking advantage of the awesome deal even though we would have to take the kids out of school for a week to do it. I told her we could do the cruise instead of the WDW trip and we could save a bunch of money (that got her thinking.) It is the 8-night cruise that stops at Castaway Cay and a full day at WDW resort (with a park hopper ticket included!) I laid out the finer points and how Disney Cruise Lines was again rated the top cruise line by Conde Nast Traveler, etc. I at least have her looking at our family budget tonight to see if we could afford it and she sent an email to the kids' teachers to see if it would be feasible for the kids to miss that particular week (it is a few days after state testing, so I think it could be OK.)

I know my chances aren't that great, but I am excited I didn't get an immediate "NO!" from her. Baby steps.

I just wanted to share in my excitement - I know no one at work would 'get it'.

sorry bigtex, im with the wife on this one. i would pass on the "barf boat"
Old 04-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #2509
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
ooohhhh happy days!!! next to the birth of my daughter, that night has to be one of the happiest nights of my 47 years!!!
TOUCHEM ALL JOE, TOUCHEM ALL!!!!
im off to go sit with a bunch of phillies fan tonight at the iron pigs game. what you have to do for your kids.......
so anyway, boston? check
montreal? (with an accent) check
toronto check
winnipeg tomorrow
and this is with the 8th and 9th line d.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #2510
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Let us know if you try out the urinal games!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
Practice makes perfect! God knows none of us will ever be perfect, so....... Practice practice practice!!
We talkin' about...practice?
Old 04-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #2511
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Happy birthday brent!!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #2512
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post

ill see if i can get a picture!!!

i can see the headlines now.....

PERVERT ARRESTED TAKING PICTURES IN MENS ROOM AT LOCAL BALL PARK!

Old 04-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #2513
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
ill see if i can get a picture!!!

i can see the headlines now.....

PERVERT ARRESTED TAKING PICTURES IN MENS ROOM AT LOCAL BALL PARK!

Old 04-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #2514
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs

Hello dads. Bacon for all
Old 04-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #2515
Grooovertoo
DIS Dad #572

Quote:
Good morning!

I am super excited about the ~10% chance of being able to change our 7-night WDW summer vacation to a DCL 8-night cruise on April 26th (this year!) so I have to come share. How sad is that? (Being excited at a slim chance, I mean.)

My wife has never wanted to take a cruise before. With all the issues with Carnival lately, I thought the possibility of us taking our first cruise was flushed down the toilet (unless you were on the Carnival Triumph.) She was even more set in her ways to never cruise.

Then I found out I could possibly get a good deal on a cruise out of Galveston in three weeks. I emailed DW this morning about the possibility of taking advantage of the awesome deal even though we would have to take the kids out of school for a week to do it. I told her we could do the cruise instead of the WDW trip and we could save a bunch of money (that got her thinking.) It is the 8-night cruise that stops at Castaway Cay and a full day at WDW resort (with a park hopper ticket included!) I laid out the finer points and how Disney Cruise Lines was again rated the top cruise line by Conde Nast Traveler, etc. I at least have her looking at our family budget tonight to see if we could afford it and she sent an email to the kids' teachers to see if it would be feasible for the kids to miss that particular week (it is a few days after state testing, so I think it could be OK.)

I know my chances aren't that great, but I am excited I didn't get an immediate "NO!" from her. Baby steps.

I just wanted to share in my excitement - I know no one at work would 'get it'.

Cool, that is one cruise I would love to do.
DisDAD Member #572 Dave Darla & Dana (9)
Old 04-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #2516
BigTex71
DIS Dad #536
Bring it!
It's a conspiracy, I tell you! <300 ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooovertoo View Post
Cool, that is one cruise I would love to do.
Update: DW is getting excited about this cruise! We should know later tonight if it is going to work for us. She has been emailing me about how we could surprise the kids with it and how we would have to go to MK and DHS during our day at WDW. Lucky for us, TP recommends MK and DHS on the day we will be there (if we get to go.)

This is going to be a real let down now that she is teasing me with all this planning stuff if it doesn't work out.

Oh, well. It's still fun. It's kind of like not checking the winning lotto numbers before you go to bed because you can still dream of winning - but if you check before bed, you are 100% sure you didn't win. (As opposed to 99.999999999999999999999% sure.)
DIS Dad Club Member #536
2012 DisDads Fantasy Baseball Champion - Jungle (Nelson) Cruz

Wanna Read My PTR? Your Stunned Silence Is VERY Reassuring (Jan/Feb 2011)
A Private Dance With Cinderella...Our Surprise Trip Jan/Feb 2011

me dw ds(14) dd(7)
Old 04-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #2517
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Update: DW is getting excited about this cruise! We should know later tonight if it is going to work for us. She has been emailing me about how we could surprise the kids with it and how we would have to go to MK and DHS during our day at WDW. Lucky for us, TP recommends MK and DHS on the day we will be there (if we get to go.)

This is going to be a real let down now that she is teasing me with all this planning stuff if it doesn't work out.

Oh, well. It's still fun. It's kind of like not checking the winning lotto numbers before you go to bed because you can still dream of winning - but if you check before bed, you are 100% sure you didn't win. (As opposed to 99.999999999999999999999% sure.)

Well, the fallback is that if you don't book the cruise, you still get to go on your wdw vacation this summer riight? Not a bad consolation!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #2518
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

we are home. waaaaaay to cold for baseball.
ok, urinal games!!! i had a chance to play but ran out of ammo.
there is a screen mounted above the flush valve. inside the urinal there are three buttons, start, left,right. to start the game, simpley pee on the start button. im not making this up, its a PENGUIN GAME!!!!! you have to avoid the penguins by moving left and right. didnt play that long, im guessing you need a bladder of an elephant to play.
we will be going back a few times again this year since briana is an asst. ironette dance instructor. ill have to drink more before trying to play next time.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #2519
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
sorry, no pictures. had my hands full!!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #2520
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
sorry, no pictures. had my hands full!!
No touch urinal!!! Very, Very, gross!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, penguins, post padding, star wars

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: