Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #2281
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Evening all, I hope you all had a great Easter.

We travelled about 600 miles today. Not quite as far as we hoped but got hung up with a couple of accidents in the Carolinas. One held us up long enough to listen to some of the pre-game, the first half and a bit more while we crawled along at about 5 miles an hour.

The FIL thinks he may have a rear bearing going on the rear wheel. Luckily their is a chrysler dealership about 2 miles from where we stopped for the night. Could be a long day tomorrow.
there was a real bad accident on i77 today in va by the nc border. i think seven were killed. prayers for the families. it was on the south side but closed the north side for fire trucks, rescue workers. becarefull heading home.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 03-31-2013, 08:22 PM   #2282
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcw23 View Post
Hey now...easy with the Cindy comments! Don't be hating on the world's best hockey player!

BTW...fun fact...The Pens win streak is at 15 games. The Flyers total wins thus far...14.
ohhh your cindy will be back. balkin still there to officiate the games.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 08:28 PM   #2283
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
there was a real bad accident on i77 today in va by the nc border. i think seven were killed. prayers for the families. it was on the south side but closed the north side for fire trucks, rescue workers. becarefull heading home.

This was on the 95, looked like a car may have come across from the other side. We passed the wrecker and there wasn't much left of it. There were at least 4 ambulances that went back the other way, 3 at high speed, 1 not so much.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 03-31-2013, 09:04 PM   #2284
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Hope everyone had a Great day, I get to work early tomorrow and when I get home it's off to the huge Easter Monday Gift Auction, I hope for some serious winning on my table, you either win or you do not win there is no try
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 03-31-2013, 10:19 PM   #2285
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
ohhh your cindy will be back. balkin still there to officiate the games.
Well played, well played.
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (March)
2012 BLT (November), 2013 BWV
Old 04-01-2013, 04:28 AM   #2286
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Happy post chocolate-geddon Monday guys

DisDad Member #188

We're adopting!! Updated - 4/12/14! Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 04-01-2013, 05:06 AM   #2287
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus

Morning Guys!!

Isn't it a Happy and Glorious Monday!! I cant wait to get started today, We are go for Paperwork!!

matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
Old 04-01-2013, 05:32 AM   #2288
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post
Morning Guys!!

Isn't it a Happy and Glorious Monday!! I cant wait to get started today, We are go for Paperwork!!

matt
My whole family is off today except for me.

And it's opening day for the Pittsburgh Pirates. My buddy got something like 30 tickets for friends but I couldn't pull it off due to some work commitments today. The upside is that it's cold and rainy. So I won;t have to endure that!

They've got a pretty nice losing streak going of 20 years. I suggested the 2013 motto should be, "The Pittsburgh Pirates...where losing is not only accepted, but encouraged."
They didn't like that.
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (March)
2012 BLT (November), 2013 BWV
Old 04-01-2013, 06:33 AM   #2289
billybobblockhead
Kiiiiiiids, listen to your mother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post
Morning Guys!!

matt
Morning 10ded. How's the weather on the eastern side of NC??? Looking like it's gonna be a nice spring day here on the western side of the state.

Fed, if you happen to read this, does the Florida State Patrol have any surprises that you aware of set up for unsuspecting customers tomorrow afternoon/evening, especially for those heading to the Orlando area via 295 around Jacksonville???

Been catching up on the massive wreck that was on I77 yesterday. Terrible stuff. It's been a while since I've driven in some really bad fog, but we get fog like that on the mountains that surround us and while it's nothing as severe as what happened yesterday, we have our fair share of wrecks caused by people going too fast in the fog. I read where someone said give me snow on the ground instead of thick fog any day, and I agree with that wholeheartedly. Those of you traveling today, be careful.
DISDad #425
Old 04-01-2013, 07:17 AM   #2290
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Morning guys. Had a great weekend and a lot of good family time. Hope everyone enjoyed as well!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #2291
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

I'm Baaacckkk!

In case you noticed....I'm back...if you didn't notice I was gone, just proceed on with your Monday.

Quick Trip Report:

Weather at the beach - sucked. Cold Windy with a little rain. (thanks Brian )

Spent a Day at MK - HOLY CROWDED! 11's on the crowd calendar. They were at a Phase 3 shutdown at MK the day we were there. Forced me to cancel my ADR at 'Ohana because I wouldn't be let back in if we left the park!

Had a Solo EPCOT Day - HOLY CROWDED!! Did a few things I've never done before...Explored Mexico Pavilion - Saw the Voices of Liberty and the American Adventure Show.....Saw O'Canada. - O Why?!? (darn you Brian) - Rode Journey into Imagination (it was the only ride that was a walk-on). Waited 20 minutes in line for Spaceship Earth! Saw the food booths - enjoyed the food from the food booths!

I'd like to say it's glad to be back, but it isn't. Mondays suck!

Prayers to those that need them....Welcome! To all the new members.

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1989
Old 04-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #2292
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

‘Morning all…

Missed Ron and Aaron’s birthday’s so a belated HBD is the first thing to be offered.
Second… hope all y’all had some good family time across the Holy Days.

I started off even before the Easter Sunrise services by having to get up and go to work. That $u(%ed, but things got better after a bit. Was able to get through the bulk of the month-end processing and succeeded in getting home in time to at least attend the main service. Normal holiday message and a lot of very fine music. We ate out for Easter dinner, which means that no one had to spend all day in the kitchen and I didn’t have to clean any of it up. That’s a win. The evening was spent seeing the traveling version of the Broadway musical: “Wicked” (got tickets for DW’s birthday a week ago). I figured that the show would be decent, but it was actually a very enjoyable evening. Strong story, a good laugh or two, several plot twists and dang fine music. All in all… a pretty good holiday weekend (despite my employer’s best efforts to the contrary).

Safe travels to those still on the road…
Welcome back if you’re already home…
Prayers and welcomes as needed.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #2293
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
I'm Baaacckkk!

In case you noticed....I'm back...if you didn't notice I was gone, just proceed on with your Monday.

Quick Trip Report:

Weather at the beach - sucked. Cold Windy with a little rain. (thanks Brian )

Spent a Day at MK - HOLY CROWDED! 11's on the crowd calendar. They were at a Phase 3 shutdown at MK the day we were there. Forced me to cancel my ADR at 'Ohana because I wouldn't be let back in if we left the park!

Had a Solo EPCOT Day - HOLY CROWDED!! Did a few things I've never done before...Explored Mexico Pavilion - Saw the Voices of Liberty and the American Adventure Show.....Saw O'Canada. - O Why?!? (darn you Brian) - Rode Journey into Imagination (it was the only ride that was a walk-on). Waited 20 minutes in line for Spaceship Earth! Saw the food booths - enjoyed the food from the food booths!

I'd like to say it's glad to be back, but it isn't. Mondays suck!

Prayers to those that need them....Welcome! To all the new members.
The theme from O'Canada is my ringtone.

Welcome back!

DisDad Member #188

We're adopting!! Updated - 4/12/14! Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 04-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #2294
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobblockhead View Post
Morning 10ded. How's the weather on the eastern side of NC??? Looking like it's gonna be a nice spring day here on the western side of the state.
Hey!

Things are ok here, balmy 60 degrees and somewhat blue sky. Mi familia is on vacation as well, back up in southern WV for a few days.Thursday and Friday we are headed to Paris Island SC to watch a friends son graduate from USMC boot camp.

Matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
Old 04-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #2295
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Happy Monday gentlemen. Hope everyone is doing well.

We now have airfare and the Disney half of our trip booked. All we have to do is book the timeshare. :ya y:

We will be going October 14 through 26th. We'll be at AoA Cars from the 14th to the 19th. Then at the time share from the 19th to the 26th. We're looking at one of the Marriott properties. We're planning ADRs at Chef Mickey's the night we arrive, CRT and Hollywood and Vine. Can't wait. I'm off to update my signature.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, penguins, post padding, star wars

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: