Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 11:07 PM   #2236
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Happy Birthday COMMANDO!!!

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS10
Member #561
Old 03-29-2013, 11:59 PM   #2237
Bo Duke
(Jason) l You can NEVER make everyone happy, but You can make everyone miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
The Bucks are still playing? Who knew?

Have a great time! Hard to pass up seats like that, even if it is for the Bucks!
Well Vanilla Ice will be performing the halftime show so maybe that could be interesting. Or a train wreck.....

I don't know if the Bucks have ever really played. I don't think they could beat Marquette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
How many pro teams are in KY? None. I'll happily accept any pro sports tickets. Have fun.
I think if i remember correctly the Bucks were looking to move and there was little push to keep them. I think they stayed because no one was interested. LOL
But yes. Not going to turn down free tickets.

Got them today. 8 rows behind the score box center court with parking passes and access to the court side restaurant. Ticket price is 276.60 each.

March 1996 (HS band trip) Offsite(that was scary!), May 2011 CBR, Jan - Feb 2012 CBR, Jan - Feb 2013 POR, Jan-Feb 2014 POP

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 05:39 AM   #2238
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Hey guys! Just wanted to wish you all a happy and safe Easter weekend!

Been swamped with things lately. I've also been hobbling around since the run last saturday. I have to wait another week before I can get in to see my doctor. running is obviously on hold for the time being until I can get this taken care of.

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012. AKL/Vero July 2013. runDisney OKW Jan 2014. SSR/Vero/Pop July 2014. runDisney AoA Nov 2014.
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR Interrupted
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
Old 03-30-2013, 06:16 AM   #2239
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Happy Birthday Aaron & Ron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
not sure if this was covered?
http://www.penguindiner.com/
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post

Been swamped with things lately. I've also been hobbling around since the run last saturday. I have to wait another week before I can get in to see my doctor. running is obviously on hold for the time being until I can get this taken care of.
Thank God I'm not the only one, I started to use a cane to get around. Waiting for the Doctor to call me back. We'll get better James! Oh yeah, I started over in the last thread.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #2240
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Happy early Easter.

DW has today and tomorrow planned with divorced parents. Ah, the holidays, where I get to spend time with BIL & his bunch four times a year who live less than 1 mile away and hate us. The precious covenant of family that favor one kid over the other, and give the son tens of thousands of dollars to pay for school, vacations, vehicles, clothes, and food, but nothing to the daughter. But, when they need an errand, they call DW for to jump thru hoops, cancel our plans, make arrangements, and take care of it. 13 years of holiday hatred. Rant over. Hope you all have a good one.

At least we have a zoo trip booked to meet up with David and his family (pun intended). I'm hoping we can work it in to meet up Philip as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Duke View Post
I think if i remember correctly the Bucks were looking to move and there was little push to keep them. I think they stayed because no one was interested. LOL
But yes. Not going to turn down free tickets.

Got them today. 8 rows behind the score box center court with parking passes and access to the court side restaurant. Ticket price is 276.60 each.
And, I saw from FB where they are playing OKC. That's what I try to convey to CJ and other whiners. Even if your home team stinks, you have the opportunity to see great teams play there. Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post

Team Sparrow is down. The cure is more rum. Hope you get to feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Thanks Norm, Glad to know my card won't be revoked for being a Universal/IOA sympathizer, I was 20 when I lived in Winter Park FL so universal/IOA was "the park" but I'm glad my love for Disney was reborn when my DD was born.
Florida native and moved to TN? That truly is a tragic story.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 03-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #2241
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Happy Birthday Aaron and Ron!!!

Happy Easter to everyone else!!!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 03-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #2242
Bo Duke
(Jason) l You can NEVER make everyone happy, but You can make everyone miserable.

Quote:
Happy early Easter.

And, I saw from FB where they are playing OKC. That's what I try to convey to CJ and other whiners. Even if your home team stinks, you have the opportunity to see great teams play there. Enjoy.
I am not whining. Just never been into basketball. Haven't really payed much attention since Jordan. I don't even know who is a good team. But from what i am gathering I am guessing OKC is. Either way it will be ok. We will have a good time.

March 1996 (HS band trip) Offsite(that was scary!), May 2011 CBR, Jan - Feb 2012 CBR, Jan - Feb 2013 POR, Jan-Feb 2014 POP

Old 03-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #2243
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Duke View Post
I am not whining. Just never been into basketball. Haven't really payed much attention since Jordan. I don't even know who is a good team. But from what i am gathering I am guessing OKC is. Either way it will be ok. We will have a good time.
No, you weren't whining. I think it is a great opportunity. I'm 2+ hours one way to the nearest sports arena, without any traffic. CJ complains about the Marlins and Dolphins putting out bad teams. I would just like to have the opportunity to have a bad pro team nearby, so that it's not 4 hours of drive time just to have the chance to attend a game. I could at least see the other pro team. I realize i'm looking at it as a sports fan as opposed to a team fan.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 03-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #2244
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Happy Saturday Guys!

Happy Birthday to AAron and Ron. I hope the day is a good one.

Just keep smiling Norm, you'll get through it.

It is the last full day here in Florida for me, we started the long drive back tomorrow morning. The route is a bit different than I thought as we are getting off the I95 in Virginnia and heading over to the 81 to hopefully avoid most of the traffic. Should be an interesting drive.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 03-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #2245
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys, and Happy Birthday to my birthday buddy Ron!
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

Old 03-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #2246
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella

Good Luck Nick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971

Woo-hoo fish and chips...........Unless your the fish.

Good luck and make enough to take a trip on DCL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

Good luck. It will be busy. We are opting for cheese pizza tonight.
Thanks guys.

It was a mad house yesterday, we had our busiest day ever. We were at a 45 min wait at one point, just crazy.
Good crazy of course.
Back at it again today.

Happy birthday Aaron and Ron, hope you both have a great day!

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
,OCT 14 POR
Old 03-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #2247
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Sorry to leave you hanging, I was out by the pool having a beer.
I guess that's as good a reason as any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Happy Birthday AJRITZ!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Happy Birthday COMMANDO!!!

Happy late birthday guys!
Old 03-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #2248
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy early Easter.

DW has today and tomorrow planned with divorced parents. Ah, the holidays, where I get to spend time with BIL & his bunch four times a year who live less than 1 mile away and hate us. The precious covenant of family that favor one kid over the other, and give the son tens of thousands of dollars to pay for school, vacations, vehicles, clothes, and food, but nothing to the daughter. But, when they need an errand, they call DW for to jump thru hoops, cancel our plans, make arrangements, and take care of it. 13 years of holiday hatred. Rant over. Hope you all have a good one.
And I thought having a quick lunch with the in-laws for Easter was bad. Let us know if you need the extraction team. We'll get them ready.

A Happy Easter to all! And Norm, drink heavily. It dulls the senses.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #2249
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Happy birthday Arron and Ron. Hope you get lots of cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
How's the shoulder doing CJ?
Better but it still lets me know once in a while it is still there. Thanks for asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
It was a mad house yesterday, we had our busiest day ever. We were at a 45 min wait at one point, just crazy.
Good crazy of course.
Back at it again today.
Glad business is booming.

Last edited by cj9200; 03-30-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #2250
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Thanks everyone for the Birthday wishes, had to work today, that was kind of a bummer since today was one of the busiest retail food days of the year, good news is No work tomorrow and the Birthday drinking festivities are now under way,

Happy Birthday to my friend Arron I think this is one of the few days that more then 1 Dis Dad have the same Birthday

I got a present from Team Shulas, unfortunately I will not be able to use it this year, but they give you a free entree for your Bday (good for a week before till 3 weeks after, the only things that are not included are the Surf & Turf, and the 4lb Lobster or porterhouse) I usually get the 32oz Prime rib and thats included at $46, just a thought for anyone who is in the area within that time of their Birthday, if you want to try Shulas you can save big bucks just by joining Team Shulas
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 03-30-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, penguins, post padding, star wars

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: