Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #1786
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Opening day of the tournament, good luck with your brackets (unless you are in the pool and tehn I hope your crash and burn in the opening round).
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 03-21-2013, 07:05 AM   #1787
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
No, no, no. The sitting by the pool, cocktail in hand, enjoying 80 degree weather CJ.
Have a great time in Hawaii. You'd better leave it in good shape for me, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Thanks for the well wishes guys. My neck is still a little stiff. I'm going to try and get into the bone cracker tomorrow. But I've switched from Vicodin to Advil.

Just before it happened I was thinking "Only 5 miles to home." This was on a wide open stretch of road that had snow blowing across it all day. I hit a bad patch and couldn't recover.
Just catching up and saw your story. I'm really glad you're ok. Vehicles are more replaceable than people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
16 hours at Epcot. That's enough time to ride Ellen's Energy Adventure like 3 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Opening day of the tournament, good luck with your brackets (unless you are in the pool and tehn I hope your crash and burn in the opening round).
Having not watched a single minute of college basketball all year, I don't think you have anything to fear from me. I chose Indiana to win it all. My justification is that they had a "1" next to their name.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 07:07 AM   #1788
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post

Having not watched a single minute of college basketball all year, I don't think you have anything to fear from me. I chose Indiana to win it all. My justification is that they had a "1" next to their name.

I haven't watched much either but I did spend about 30 minutes filling out my bracket. I figure that should balance it out.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 03-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #1789
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Could have been a lot worse. I was doing about 30 when it happened. A gust of wind pushed me onto a bare ice patch and I couldn't recover.
Have you bought a lottery ticket yet? Maybe you have a little bit of that luck leftover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcw23 View Post
Haven't had a chance to read through the boards over the past 2 days. I'll get caught up in a bit. My being under the weather transformed into a day off work(Monday), an attempt to go to work with me coming home before noon b\c my daughter was sick (Tuesday), to me working from home and then fetching my daughter from school after she had a fever at lunch (today). Now no school tomorrow for her b\c she has to be fever free for 24 hours. At least DW is off tomorrow so I can escape this black plague that is in my house!
Yuck. Prayers for a quick recovery for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcw23 View Post
Quick sports update (notice I said quick, not timely...)
@Norm - Robert Morris beat Kentucky in the first round of NIT.
Yes, the whole state is still in mourning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Can't sleep so am watching the Dream pull into Port Canaveral.
That would be nice. I haven't check that out in awhile.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 03-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #1790
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

I haven't watched much either but I did spend about 30 minutes filling out my bracket. I figure that should balance it out.
It took you that long?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 03-21-2013, 07:15 AM   #1791
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Morning guys. Looking forward to some good hoops throughout the weekend. Hope everyone's off to a good day.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:26 AM   #1792
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
It took you that long?

I was at work, people kept bothering me.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 03-21-2013, 07:27 AM   #1793
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

‘Morning all…
Got to spend a half a day away from the misery of work and then got to listen to our kids perform is the state concert band competition.
They did very well on top of that.
First time in months that my afternoon did not $&(%...

but then the alarm went off this morning and it all went back to the way it was.
Oy…

Quote:
Don’t have to worry about me on that account. I tried to join in yesterday but Yahoo first wanted me to “reactivate” an account that I’m pretty sure I never had and then came back and said I had to wait 24 hours before I could login… It’s about there that I gave it up. I’m in a couple of local pools, though, so there’s still a reason to follow along (other then the excitement of the games that is )
Old 03-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #1794
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
I’m in a couple of local pools, though, so there’s still a reason to follow along (other then the excitement of the games that is )
I've never been much of a basketball fan, but I do enjoy watching the tournament. It is a great sports event.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #1795
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroonag1 View Post
Confirmed my reservations for Tusker house breakfast on 8/23. at 8:30am Whooo hoo.
We are not planning any sit down meals for most of our park days but since it's gonna be my birthday meal and we will get into the park before rope drop DW said ok.
DW wants to do the Luau at the Poly, is it worth the cost? They do have bottomless beer so we will need a cab too if we do it. lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Hey, we just happen to have an 8:20 breakfast reservation on 8/23 at..........wait for it..........wait for it.........Yup......The Tusker House! I hope you are OK with me looking for the birthday boy and presenting you with a happy birthday in person.
Had to check....I have an 8am ressie at Tusker......on the 25th! I'll just be fashionably late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Somehow, I missed that ride our first 7 trips to WDW. It would have been a great place to nap with the dds when they were younger.
Never been on it yet....maybe this time we'll give it a go..

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 03-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #1796
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Never been on it yet....maybe this time we'll give it a go..
The Dino section of it is one of the few “original” bits of Epcot left. If you want to get off your feet and into the air-conditioning for about twenty minutes, it’s a decent place to take a break; wouldn’t go out of my way for it for any reason though.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #1797
jmwest
DIS Dad #578
A little inspirational reading for anyone who gets discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Happy start to the NCAA Tournament Day
T-minus 100 minutes or so. I love this tournament. I always want to take a couple vacation days to sit around and watch all day but they are just too precious to burn like that. I get an extra week starting next year to bring me up to 4 total so it may be doable soon. Between all the brackets I've filled out I surely picked the winner in one of them.
DDC Member #578

Me DW DD7 DD3 and DSnewborn
Old 03-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #1798
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
T-minus 100 minutes or so. I love this tournament. I always want to take a couple vacation days to sit around and watch all day but they are just too precious to burn like that. I get an extra week starting next year to bring me up to 4 total so it may be doable soon. Between all the brackets I've filled out I surely picked the winner in one of them.
Is it wrong that I always secretly wish I'd get sick this week? You know, just so I could do that and not feel like I'm just totally wasting a day.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #1799
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Is it wrong that I always secretly wish I'd get sick this week? You know, just so I could do that and not feel like I'm just totally wasting a day.

2 computers on my desk - 1 for work and 1 for live streams.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 03-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #1800
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
2 computers on my desk - 1 for work and 1 for live streams.
I've got a 46" LCD hanging on a wall across the office. I have to turn my chair around to see it, but it does the trick.

Now if I could just unplug my phone and turn the computer off so I wouldn't have to turn my back to the TV and return my attention to my desk for any work related interferences.
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, penguins, post padding, star wars

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: