Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
wannabemini
Mouseketeer

Exclamation Just FYI--Reunion Resort

Reunion resort is awesome if you're thinking of staying off property, but still like a bit of luxury, and it's not that bad price wise, at least I don't think so--we got a three bedroom, (sleeps 8, comfortably, maybe 10) gorgeous suite, with kitchen (granite, etc), 3 baths, laundry, etc for 319/night. There's a great kids water playground & lazy river, and all on top of the huge golf courses.

Just wanted to offer an alternative. We stayed there in 2008 & are staying again this summer.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #2
Lucky'sMom
DIS Veteran

Wow...that's high! We rented a 5 bedroom/5 bathroom house there that was gorgeous for $149/night last July. We booked it through "luxury lifestyle vacation homes" There are a number of homes there for about $159 night, others are higher, but ours was fantastic with it's own screened-in pool. Such a bargain, it makes it hard to go other places (not Orlando) because you just can't find any rental homes near that price.

2014-June, Windsor Hills pool home and HRH; 2012-July, RPR and Reunion resort pool home; May,Marriott's Grande Vista; 2011 -Jan: CSR and free dining! May: CBR (just DH and I!) ; 2009 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential Suite!; 2008 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek and RPR; 2007 - POR, Wonder Cruise, BWV; 2006 - Springhill Suites, UO and PBH, Nick Hotel; 2005 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins; 2003 - Poly, OKW, AsMo; 2002 - UO and RPR; 2001 - Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2000 - Holiday Inn Family Suites, ASMu; 1996 - Swan; 1995 - Swan, ASSp, ASMu; 1994 - POFQ;1990 - College Spring Break, off-site; Many trips as a child
Lucky'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #3
VeeHam
Mouseketeer

Wow OP, that seems a bit higher than I would think it would be. But then again, it depends on when your going. At reunion, we are looking at a 3 bedroom 2 bath condo with pool and golf course views for mid October and my total price for 7 days is $632.80, less than $100 a night. I found it through VRBO.com.
But back to your original comment, the place seems very beautiful and I cannot wait to vacation there. Between the condo and YES tickets for the kids, this trip will hopefully be our cheapest yet. Have a great time!!!

VeeHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
Lucky'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeHam View Post
Wow OP, that seems a bit higher than I would think it would be. But then again, it depends on when your going. At reunion, we are looking at a 3 bedroom 2 bath condo with pool and golf course views for mid October and my total price for 7 days is $632.80, less than $100 a night. I found it through VRBO.com.
But back to your original comment, the place seems very beautiful and I cannot wait to vacation there. Between the condo and YES tickets for the kids, this trip will hopefully be our cheapest yet. Have a great time!!!
We stayed for 2 weeks (10 nights there, plus some Universal time) and it was such a bargain trip. We also got the YES tickets, which were such a great deal! Have a fantastic trip!

2014-June, Windsor Hills pool home and HRH; 2012-July, RPR and Reunion resort pool home; May,Marriott's Grande Vista; 2011 -Jan: CSR and free dining! May: CBR (just DH and I!) ; 2009 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential Suite!; 2008 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek and RPR; 2007 - POR, Wonder Cruise, BWV; 2006 - Springhill Suites, UO and PBH, Nick Hotel; 2005 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins; 2003 - Poly, OKW, AsMo; 2002 - UO and RPR; 2001 - Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2000 - Holiday Inn Family Suites, ASMu; 1996 - Swan; 1995 - Swan, ASSp, ASMu; 1994 - POFQ;1990 - College Spring Break, off-site; Many trips as a child
Lucky'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
sympatico
DIS Veteran

The OP probably rented directly through the resort which would have included the waterpark. Some of the private rentals don't include the waterpark.
Lindfields: twice, Lake Davenport, Venice hotel,Oak Plantation, St. Pete's Beach Hilton, Wyndham Cypress Palms, Pink Shell Fort Myers Beach, Liki Tiki Village, Grand Reserve, Rotonda Lakes near Port Charlotte,Windsor Hills: 5 times, Indian Creek (twice), Emerald Island (4 times), Reunion Resort (twice) Sunset Lakes, Crestwynd Bay, Briarwood in Naples
sympatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #6
lilasmom
DIS Veteran

How far in time is it to MK? or DTD?

How much time did you give yourself to get to the parks? Is there a back way to DTD? Thanks!

lilasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #7
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

It is 6 miles from the entrance to WDW, but with traffic I say about 15-20 minutes is what I experienced.

We stayed 2 weeks at WBC and then the last 3 nights here before heading home.

Some of the differences that I saw was

Positives
- larger, nicer rooms. We had a 3BR, 3BA room and it was very nice. The rooms and bathrooms were larger and very nicely decorated. Comfy beds in all the rooms.
-Wifi - last year WBC did not have wifi we had to bring the router but here they did have Wifi

Negatives
- Way to spread out.....just no easy way to walk from your room to the main building, etc. We did have the building closest to the waterpark so we were able to walk over to the waterpark but had to drive everywhere else.
- Pool Hours, well they just aren't there. Now we were there over memorial day week and the pool closed super early. The last 2 days we did not go to the park so we enjoyed the waterpark but if you were to go to the parks there would be no way to enjoy the waterpark and the pool next to our building closed early too. If memory serves the waterpark closed at 6pm.

If I was just going with my husband and we were playing golf this is place I would choose. It was very quiet and laid back and I loved the golf courses, just did not have time to play. The price, even paying hotel rental rates, were pretty good for a 3BR condo. Even with last minute rental since we decided to extend our stay in Orlando.

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote