DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
southern_belle21
Always dreaming of Disney

BLT Studio MK View All booked??

So, we're hoping to make it back this Sept and since we LOVED staying at BLT 2 years ago in a MK view studio, that's what we'd like to do this time. I've been told that pretty much every Studio with a MK view is booked for Sept though??? Is is really going to be crowded that month, because I thought it was off-season? Just wondering if anyone else has run into this.

LOVE MNSSHP!

All those trips to Disneyland with mom and Mimi, I miss you both
southern_belle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
hakepb
DIS Veteran

A lot of DVC owners prefer going to parks in typical "Off Times" with the better bang for the point..And a lot of DVC owners love Food and Wine

In general it is easier to get a DVC room over the "park busy" summer than fall through December. DVC busy is not an indicator of Park busy.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
CKCruising
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern_belle21 View Post
So, we're hoping to make it back this Sept and since we LOVED staying at BLT 2 years ago in a MK view studio, that's what we'd like to do this time. I've been told that pretty much every Studio with a MK view is booked for Sept though??? Is is really going to be crowded that month, because I thought it was off-season? Just wondering if anyone else has run into this.
In general, the MK and Standard views are taken by the owners. LV should pretty much be available at 7 months. Not saying its not possible, just that I would be prepared for LV.

April 2009 - Disney Magic Eastern Carribean, Nov. 2010 - Disney Magic Western Carribean
April 2010 - AKL (Jambo), August 2011 - SSR (THV) + VB, October 2011 - BLT [MNSSHP], March 2012 - AKL (Kidani), December 2012 - BLT [NYE]
CKCruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

There just aren't all that many MK view studios to start with - and even less now with some being reclassified to standard view - so I wouldn't find that surprising and would not equate it to being busy in the parks or even the resorts. Also people change minds or book something with their own intent to switch at 7 months so it doesn't mean it will be impossible. I'd agree though to plan on booking the lakeview category but I'd state that for any 7 month reservation request for BLT.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKCruising View Post
In general, the MK and Standard views are taken by the owners. LV should pretty much be available at 7 months.
Agree with this. We own at BLT and I have had my October trip booked since the moment it opened. I wanted a 2 bedroom standard and actually had to WL one night but it came thru in a day or so. LV is probably your best chance.

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #6
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

There are only about 20 BLT Studio villas with a view of the theme parks.

The season / theme park crowds have very little bearing on owner demand for such a small number of rooms.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #7
HokieKT
Earning My Ears

BLT studio for January

I want to do a point rental for a BLT studio standard view in late January. When would you guess they would be all booked up?
HokieKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #8
sissy1
Mouseketeer

I just checked and Lake View Studios are available for the whole month of Sept. We stayed at BLT in a lake view studio a few times and was able to see the fireworks at MK from our balcony Ask for a High, North tower, even numbered room and maybe you will get lucky and be able to see the park.
ME DH DS DD DDIL DGD FRIEND-Port Orleans Riverside Sept. 2011
ME DH Bay Lake Towers - Feb. 2012,
ME DH DGD-Bay Lake Towers- May 2012
ME DH DD FRIEND-Bay Lake Towers- Dec.2012
ME DH DGD- Wilderness Lodge- Feb. 2013
ME DH Boardwalk Villas- Sept-Oct 2013 for F&W
ME DH DD FRIEND- BLT-Dec. 2013 for Christmas- CANCELLED
ME DH-ANIMAL KINGDOM JAMBO HOUSE-FEB. 2014

GOING HOME
ME DH-BOARDWALK VILLAS-SEPT.-OCT. 2014 for F&W
ME DH-Bay Lake Towers- Dec. 2014 for Christmas
sissy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #9
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieKT View Post
I want to do a point rental for a BLT studio standard view in late January. When would you guess they would be all booked up?
I would guess that they will be unavailable between the day 1 and day 7 of your check in date. I have found that after a week of the 11 month window I can rarely ever find more than 1 -2 nights of standard view. If I want a standard view I book immediately at the 11 month opening. The only reason you have a possibility at under 11 months at all is the off season nature of your trip.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #10
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Now.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #11
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As a renter, I would not bank on any standard view categories at any resort. Most of the "cheap" rooms point wise are booked by owners at the 11 month mark. It's not impossible, but I would plan for Lake View at BLT. Unless you have an owner willing to rent to you before the 11 month mark comes along, chances are you are going to lose out to an owner.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #12
tinkerbell313
DIS Veteran

If you do decide to to go LakeView ask for Northside even number room ( I think that is the request). While requests are not guaranteed, you may have a chance to get a pretty good view of MK. We rented points in March 2012 for a Oct. 2012 stay at a BLT LV studio.

I asked the owner to put in the request knowing that the chance was slim given the time of year (F&W, MNSSHP, etc). But we ended up with an awesome view. We were above the tennis courts and most of our view was Tomorrowland with the Castle in the background. We watched Wishes every night.

Again it's only a request but it could not hurt to try.
tinkerbell313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #13
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

I wasn't able to get a week in a standard view studio at BLT in October at the 11 month mark on the first day when calling. Next time, I need to stay up til midnight and book on the computer.

Book as soon as possible and waitlist. Maybe when GF DVC is finished, the rush to BLT will decline.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #14
drusba

DIS Veteran

BLT Standard view is seldom available at 7 months and that is year round. BLT in general can be difficult to get, even Lake View, in Oct at 7 months out. BLT theme park view is often available at 7 months and was for most of Sep. An obvious problem the OP is facing now is that we are beyond the 7 month window for all of Sep. It does not matter how slow of a month Sep or any other month can be. If you don't try to get something like a studio theme park view at exactly 7 months out you are facing a high risk of not getting it. For the poster who wants to do a rental for BLT in late Jan, you should attempt to reserve 11 months out from date of arrival for standard view and by no later than exactly 7 months from date of arrival for theme park view. Theme park and Lake view will likely be available at 7 months out but standard view is usually gobbled up by owners at 11 months out.

Last edited by drusba; 03-01-2013 at 09:23 AM.
drusba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #15
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I wasn't able to get a week in a standard view studio at BLT in October at the 11 month mark on the first day when calling. Next time, I need to stay up til midnight and book on the computer.

Book as soon as possible and waitlist. Maybe when GF DVC is finished, the rush to BLT will decline.
The online reservations only open up 2-3 hours before you call in for the 11 mos window. I can't remember the exact time you can start booking at the 11mos but I am certain someone where will know the info.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: