DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 05:46 AM   #16
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete W. View Post
Can you still connect via ethernet cable or has that option been removed?
This is no longer an option . . . unfortunately.
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:47 AM   #17
drusba

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete W. View Post
Can you still connect via ethernet cable or has that option been removed?
Wired system is gone.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #18
heynowirv
DIS Veteran

OKW in jan. wonderful wifi service even by the pool.
heynowirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #19
CTJKLAB
Mouseketeer

Awful

We were at Kidani first week in December and the WiFi was terrible!! I wish Disney would fix this, it really makes my trips less magical!!!!
2008 Orange Lake,Saratoga Springs(June and November),2009 Kidani (Aug.),2010 Boardwalk (February and October),2011 Jambo House(October),2012 VWL (February),Boardwalk (October),AKL-Kidani(December),2013 VWL (May),Beach Club (Oct.)2014 VWL (March-April),

CTJKLAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #20
Saratoga Springs Tom
Mouseketeer

WiFi

I just returned yesterday from the world. I spent a week at Kidani, great time, except.....I would get booted off the WiFi every few minutes.

The second week I stayed at SSR...and did not have any issues with the WiFi there.

Saratoga Springs Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #21
tink_n_pooh
my TP isn't going anywhere. I can start the TP underground, anyone who is interested just let me know
I'm happy my underwear are clean

We were at SSR last week and I only experienced one brief interruption in wifi towards the end of our trip.
tink_n_pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #22
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Since our next trip is at Kidani I am a little worried. Guess I will just plan on using cell service on my iPad.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:24 AM   #23
DisMN
DIS Veteran

We were at BWV Jan 13-23 and were amazed at how good the wifi was! It was certainly an improvement from our last trip a year ago.
I purposely checked wifi in different locations and was very pleasantly surprised to be able to access it almost everywhere, including in the parks!

Of course it wasn't working when you're inside most of the attraction buildings but that's not a surprise.
DisMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:12 AM   #24
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Stayed at BWV from 16th Dec to 18th January, internet at best was around 120 to 200 kbps. It would not support live streaming or VOIP applications. In the afternoons was the best. The help line said they were working on it and should be better in the future.

Stayed at Aulani on the way home and the speed was over 20,000 kbps.

How can the WDW resorts get it so wrong. The old wired system was much better!
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:20 AM   #25
Baby Pluto
Under the Sea

My boyfriend and I stayed at AKL Jambo house from January 20th - February 10th this year and the entire time we had very poor wifi. It was terribly slow and wouldn't even allow us to load anything from Netflix, whereas YouTube was iffy as well and often paused in the middle and needed restarting. My boyfriend contacted customer service at the hotel but they told us there was nothing that could be done.

Oh yes, and as someone just mentioned, we were booted off wifi time and time again.
Baby Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #26
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

We were at VWL from the 18th to the 20th, and during that time DS got sick. So there was some hotel-time, and everyone grew bored with the movies DH had on his computer (he had brought cables so the laptop could be connected to the TV, which was seriously good thinking on his part).

He went to download a rental movie from amazon, and it just would NOT load. After ages went by and only something like 7% was loaded, he called someone. Said he called the front desk and they told him who to call. The woman on the other end indicated both that something could be done but it probably still wouldn't be good enough to download a movie.

Half an hour later someone knocked on the door and it was a tech kind of guy. He checked things out, made a call, and our router was "refreshed" or something like that.

After that the movie was downloaded in no time at all, and DS and DH were able to happily watch The Hulk.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: