Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
MelliRobi2
Mouseketeer

Where would you stay - family of 10?

We will be going to Disney World next winter and I'm wondering where you would stay if you were a family of 10? I'm interested in all the options for us? Thank you
Christian 17 yrs Jordan 15 yrs
Madison 12 yrs Collin 10 yrs
Mackenzie 8 yrs
Cassidy 6 yrs Payton 3 yrs
Trinity 4/25/13
MelliRobi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelliRobi2 View Post
We will be going to Disney World next winter and I'm wondering where you would stay if you were a family of 10? I'm interested in all the options for us? Thank you
The only lodging that would hold a family of ten would be a DVC grand villa (three bedroom villa). But they are very limited, very expensive if you pay cash and most times are booked up by DVC members (DVC is Disney's version of a timeshare).

Your best bet would be offsite. Or perhaps offsite at Bonnet Creek. I think Bonnet Creek has four bedroom homes.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

Two connecting deluxe rooms would also work. I have found a huge room at the Poly in the Tokelau (sp) building and we had ten between two connecting rooms and it worked out well. We had a discount and it came out to about $300 per night per room with tax. So not so bad spit between three families. I dont think the values will let you book 3 rooms without a parent in each room. You may also be able to do 2 family suites at Art of Animation but I think the Poly option may be cheaper. Good luck and happy planning.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #4
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

Can you help us out with ages of those going?
Old 02-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyDrake View Post
They are in her signature block. Only one infant, so they are a family of nine plus one under the age of three.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyDrake View Post
I am thinking it is her family in her siggy

That is why I suggested Poly with the littles in a stroller most likely and monorail access and close proximity to MK.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #7
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWISHFORDISNEY View Post
I am thinking it is her family in her siggy

That is why I suggested Poly with the littles in a stroller most likely and monorail access and close proximity to MK.
The only problem with connecting room is they are not guaranteed. If they didn't get connecting rooms, mom and dad would be split up for the entire vacation because the oldest kiddo isn't 18.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

I would go for two deluxe rooms club level at a monorail resort. I think the chances of getting connecting rooms on club level are quite good and for a big group the daily breakfast, snacks, drinks and appetizers are very convenient.

Even worst case if they were split in two rooms, just because the rooms are booked with mom as the adult in one and dad in the adult in the other doesn't mean they have to sleep that way. The oldest son is quite old enough to handle one of the rooms (even if Disney won't let him book it).
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #9
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

If you have no budget, look into the Grand Villas or connecting suites at the Disney deluxes. But if money is indeed an issue, look into renting a nearby house or renting a stay at Bonnet Creek.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #10
JennyDrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
They are in her signature block. Only one infant, so they are a family of nine plus one under the age of three.
THANK YOU for pointing that out--I was not very observant.

I will echo what PPers have said, if money is not object 2 rooms @ monorail resort. Given the various ages, it would be a great benefit to stay on property if the teens wanted to spend some time (just) riding thrill rides--with your permission of course.

Others will be able to answer what I cannot--could 2 family suites at a value work?
Old 02-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #11
detarica
Mouseketeer

Yo, that's a lot of kiddos!

Personally, I am thinking that a family with 8 kids is probably going to struggle to pay for two deluxe club level rooms. I can't afford one club level deluxe room.

So, I have talked to Disney about adjoining rooms in a value resort before and here is what they said: All Star Music has adjoining rooms that each sleep four people. They will only confirm that you will get adjoining rooms if there are not enough adults to sleep one in each room. Which brings me to my recommendation:

3 Value resort rooms (such as All Star Music) with at least two adjoining comfirmed if you only have two adults travelling. Put the teenagers in the room that does not adjoin, but they will still put the room next door. Call early and arrive early in the day. Disney will assume that you are sleeping one adult in the adjoining rooms and one in the single room.

I was able to get adjoining rooms even when they were not confirmed and it was a fully booked holiday weekend by arriving early.

If two children are under three, then they may let you get two rooms, but I am not sure if they will confirm adjoining rooms...I would hope so!
detarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #12
MelliRobi2
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the ideas...we would rather stay on property...but I will look into all the options you have suggested, plus continue to do more research.
Christian 17 yrs Jordan 15 yrs
Madison 12 yrs Collin 10 yrs
Mackenzie 8 yrs
Cassidy 6 yrs Payton 3 yrs
Trinity 4/25/13
MelliRobi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #13
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

If 2 deluxe rooms are too expensive you can get 2 connecting rooms at POR. I know they are not guaranteed. But I've always been given connecting rooms when we travel with other people. Even when I only requested that we are near each other we were assigned connecting rooms.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #14
LONES
Mouseketeer

The Treehouses in Saratoga Springs would also be an option.
LONES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #15
JennyDrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by detarica View Post
Which brings me to my recommendation:

3 Value resort rooms (such as All Star Music) with at least two adjoining comfirmed if you only have two adults travelling. Put the teenagers in the room that does not adjoin, but they will still put the room next door. Call early and arrive early in the day. Disney will assume that you are sleeping one adult in the adjoining rooms and one in the single room.
I am not 100% positive but I ran into something similar when I traveled with teens and I THINK that there must be a person that is 18 yo on each room reservation--OP doesn't show that now.

We lucked out that my niece turned 18 before the trip.

Another option (depending upon how mom & dad feel about teens in a separate room) would be at the All Stars--a family suite + regular room.

Another note: if you are going to get more than one room, look into an AP--the discounts for the two rooms could help pay for the AP.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: