Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #31
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Planning is half the fun for me and I look forward to making our ADRs, so I always do it at 180 days. We have our must do's, but also like to try new places every trip. We mostly eat TS at the resorts and don't plan our park days ahead of time, so there's never any worry for us about where we'll be or having plans interfere with our ADRs.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #32
JeannieKY
Tink fan

My husband has decided that my retirement job should be as a Disney trip planner. LOL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #33
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgninjas View Post
I'll admit it. We're more than 300 days out for our trip (arriving December 29) and I already have four schedules made in excel, with park days, restaurants, approximate dining times, and special stuff like BBB all penciled in, and a few extras on top of that just in case we decide to go for the upgrade to deluxe dining .
Between now and our ADR date (July 2, not that I have it memorized ) I will probably make 20 more, and discard/add as necessary until our entire group feels like they're happy.
)
You're my new hero!

I become obsessive with planning. Now, I don't plan to the minute in our touring plans, but I indicate which part of the park we need to be in certain timeframes. My DH calls me Drill Sargent when we are at Disney!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #34
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

I thrive on planning! It's a joy to me - I usually have several schedules in the works and the finalized schedule is whichever one works with ADRs and park hours.

I should add, I'm not a commando in-park person - I plan out the ADRs, the parks, etc. but once we enter the park, we might grab FPs for certain rides, but I don't have every minute (or any minute, really) planned after that.

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
AshleeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #35
amberpi
DIS Veteran

We've booked the most 3 months in advance (that was a miracle) or 3 days -I'm not kidding, because of our work schedules and general flights of fancy. We don't OMG have to get into 1 particular place and happen to like a few of the less popular options (and we don't do character dining, which probably impacts that). We make some ADRs and then check back frequently to see if the restaurants we really wanted opened up, they usually do, or it makes us try something new. Win/win.
amberpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #36
ChristineNic
Mouseketeer

I love Disboard, but sometimes I feel really inadequate. DH and I decided today that we are going to WDW next weekend (Thursday through Sunday). We haven't decided where to stay: either POP, Dolphin, or Vistana Villages. Since there is a cheerleading/dance event, we will probably go off site.

As far as dining goes, we will have a TS dinner every night, hopefully at a Signature. One of those nights will be somewhere that DH can get a good steak.

It will all work out and we will have a great trip.
ChristineNic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #37
PKT531
Mouseketeer

I don't. LOL! I always book one month out or less and hope for the best.

I booked yesterday for AKL next month. Made 2 ADRs today and will just hope for some walk ups for our other 4 TS meals. With 3 kids there is no way I'm gonna even attempt to follow a schedule.

We just go with the flow and always have a magical time!
March 2010...POFQ
June 2010...POP and Animal Kingdom Lodge
June 2011...POR
PKT531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:49 AM   #38
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpoohbear View Post
LOL, I don't know how anyone could wait until they get there to make plans, I would be an absolute nervous wreck I like knowing everything is set long before we ever get on the plane. If I had to be making these decisions and arrangements once I was there, I would feel like I was wasting valuable vacation time.
I'm a "wing it" sort of person. I don't even know what park I'm going to for the day until I get up in the morning and some days I just go to the bus stop and see what bus shows up first. I don't want to be on a schedule when I'm on vacation - my real life is scheduled enough as it is. And I still manage to have great trips to Disney. Not everyone likes to plan their days down to the last minute - and that's OK.

OP - if you are on the dining plan or traveling during peak times, I strongly suggest you make most of your ADR's ahead of time. If you are traveling during slower seasons and/or paying OOP for your meals, then you can be more flexible when it comes to timing. You might want to consider making one or two ADR's well in advance if you want to dine in the more popular restaurants, but so long as you are willing to dine CS if you can't get a last minute ADR, you'll be fine. CS isn't all burgers and fries these days, thank goodness! I tend to travel during the less crowded times, and I can almost always find a good ADR the night before if I want to. That's been the biggest benefit to me of the resort wifi - being able to check restaurant availability late night or early morning if I decide I do want to dine TS. I have even waited until I actually entered the park, fired up the iPod and checked dining availability, and made reservations as I'm walking to my first attraction.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: