Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #1
aprilbabes
Mouseketeer

Best Time of Day for Epcot World Showcase

We have a pre-rope drop ADR at Akershus for Princess breakfast. Last year, we did the same and we found that the park was very quiet Obviously, this was great to walk around and experience the rides and attractions. However, WS had nothing going on - no characters, no music/entertainment- nothing! This year, I would like to go back have have an early dinner at Via Napoli and walk around the countries. With two toddlers, we always go back to hotel for naps mid-day and usually start out again late afternoon, early evening. We're not staying on the monorail this year so I'm not thrilled about bussing it back and forth to Epcot twice, but I just don't think we can stay from 8am until nighttime. So, we'll have to make two trips. What's the best time to go back and experience WS?
aprilbabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #2
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

WS doesn't open until 11am which is the reason it was/will be quiet/ dead.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilbabes View Post
We have a pre-rope drop ADR at Akershus for Princess breakfast. Last year, we did the same and we found that the park was very quiet Obviously, this was great to walk around and experience the rides and attractions. However, WS had nothing going on - no characters, no music/entertainment- nothing! This year, I would like to go back have have an early dinner at Via Napoli and walk around the countries. With two toddlers, we always go back to hotel for naps mid-day and usually start out again late afternoon, early evening. We're not staying on the monorail this year so I'm not thrilled about bussing it back and forth to Epcot twice, but I just don't think we can stay from 8am until nighttime. So, we'll have to make two trips. What's the best time to go back and experience WS?
Early afternoon would probably be best of both worlds. Crowds not there just yet, entertainment starting up.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #4
aprilbabes
Mouseketeer

Do you think I should change my ADR to brunch and then stick around for an early dinner? When planning with kids I really believe you should stick with a similar schedule to the one you keep at home, but maybe this would be the best thing to do rather than going back and forth- in the same day or on two separate days. I just wonder if there is enough to keep us busy for a whole day. Besides the character meet and greets and a little shopping we didn't find much there last year. My kids were scared of the Nemo ride (then 3 and 1yr old). I don't recall there being many other rides for them.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #5
Sandy Fisher
DIS Veteran

They "used to" allow people to walk through World Showcase even before the shops/restaurants, etc. opened. I guess it became a security issue because they stopped doing that.
We manage to get to Epcot before park opening and then spend time in Future World, in the stores, etc. and we're ready to head into World Showcase when they allow entry. Then we go to American Adventure and then have lunch, etc. Never had any difficulty doing a morning in Future World portion.
However, we don't usually stay all day, into the dinner hour. If we were staying overnight (we lived down there and went back and forth when we wanted) and planned to stay for Illuminations, we'd leave and do something else and come back around suppertime.
Sandy Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #6
aprilbabes
Mouseketeer

They allowed entry and we were able to walk around and see all the countries but it was very quiet- nothing going on at all and no characters walking around. I guess it was still too early. When I read other people's experiences they make it sound so lively and fun.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #7
texstout
Earning My Ears

Epcot is going to be our 1 non-rope drop day when we go in April withour 4 and 2 year old. Since we aren't going to ride the thrill rides, to us it makes sense to have a more relaxed morning (my husband is excited!) and then go in early afternoon to wander around and then do the WS when it opens.

Our boys are normally still nappers/rest daily, but I think we are going to be hard pressed on this trip. We are staying offsite, so I don't think we will be going back mid-day. I'm hoping that if we don't get to the park until noon - that we will be able to make it to 8 or so.
texstout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #8
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilbabes
They allowed entry and we were able to walk around and see all the countries but it was very quiet- nothing going on at all and no characters walking around. I guess it was still too early. When I read other people's experiences they make it sound so lively and fun.
As a PP pointed out, WS doesn't open until 11:00a except for Akershus and one or two other places to get breakfast.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #9
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

We always save WS for evenings, it can get way too hot for us mid afternoon, plus it's so pretty at night!
offsite'71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,C R'03,WL'04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05 ,YC'06,PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14),Swan (11/14)

rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: