Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
JillyBean
Next Trip is #10!

Breakfast in the room ideas

Staying at CBR for 7 nights in May. We are planning on eating breakfast in the room (to save $ and time). We will NOT have a car or be able to do a grocery trip. Normally I pack cereal, paper bowls and plastic spoons in our luggage and buy milk when we get to the resort. This gets pretty boring ... any other thoughts?
02/2004 - Riverside
05/2006 - Old Key West
08/2007 - Disneyland
02/2008 - Coronado Springs
11/2008 - French Quarter
02/2011 - French Quarter
05/2013 - CBR

Spring Break 2014!
JillyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
dalayney
Mouseketeer

We did an order w/gardengrocer.com for breakfast stuff, 2 cases of water and a few snacks. Have to have a $40 minimum order plus delivery charge, but so worth it. We bought individual cereals, bananas, apples, blue berry muffins, donuts, yogurt, pudding, water, milk, and poptarts. The water alone will save us a ton of $$ in the park. (as with our luck, we would hate the tap water there they give out for free) The only thing we'll need to pack for all of this, is plastic spoons & napkins, and a few small cups.

January 2005 offsite
January 2007 ALL STAR MOVIES
Febuary/March 2013 ALL STAR SPORTS
Planning our first ever "no kids" WDW trip December 2015~
dalayney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #3
danygirl
Mouseketeer

Last time I had instant oatmeal for a hot breakfast, bananas, cereals, granola bars, and apples.

We usually eat the same stuff every day at home, so it kept everyone doing what they usually do....

you could add a box of donuts for a little pick me up
danygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #4
pigletto
DIS Veteran

I'm not a big breakfast eater but so I always just brought cereal bars and a box of cereal and then got a grocery order with fruit and milk. I plan on Oatmeal packets this time as well. Just enough to get us moving and head out for the day
Old 02-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #5
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

Last trip we brought a box of pop tarts.

Zooshoveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
starry_solo
DIS Veteran

Bagels? Toast?
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
Jenny3
DIS Veteran

We had food delivered to our villa from Goodings, http://www.goodingsdelivers.com/

They were fantastic; delivered everything to bell services. They do have a $50 minimum and a $25 delivery fee, but it was worth it. We ordered quite a bit as we had a full kitchen with a toaster and microwave.

Nov 2012 - IA & US Orlando, SW, DC
Dec 2011 - WDW, Boardwalk Villas
Feb 2004 - WDW, IOA, Fort Wilderness Cabins
April 2000 - DL & US Hollywood
Jenny3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #8
clintswifeymomof4
I <3 Muscles

Just add water pancake mix... blueberry muffins... waffles...

You can pre-make your mixes in a ziplock or buy the mixes from the store and pack them...

Already cooked bacon doesn't have to be refridgerated until after opening and should pack flat... just heat in the micro.
Nikki ~ Wife to 1, Mom to 5 (DD10, DSD10, DD7, DS4, DD2)! FW Cabins: Feb 17-24, 2012 (Free Dining!), BWV Studio Feb 9-12, 2013 (Mom & Dad only!) AKL Value 2 Bedroom: Apr 21-26, 2013 (Kids allowed this time!)With a SURPRISE trip to Legoland, Fl
clintswifeymomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #9
SCDisneyMom
How would a chihuahua jump over a fence?!

We always eat breakfast in our room. I usually bring bananas, apples, yogurt, a box of cereal, and oatmeal packets. I also bring some fruit cups for DS, Clif/protein bars for DH, and a small jar of peanut butter. DS likes to eat a spoonful of peanut butter each morning.

Trader Joe's makes some good fruit breakfast bars (like Nutri Grain bars, but I think theirs are better). I throw a couple of those in the park bag in case someone gets a little hungry before lunch or doesn't feel like eating breakfast before we leave the room.

Me: Leslie (34) , DH: Ray (36) , DS: Tyler (16)

*Our Disney princess has arrived*
Isla Caroline
October 22, 2013
SCDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #10
cayennews
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Sometimes I pack fruit and granola bars. We'll be doing the same thing when we visit in May. If you have a full kitchen you could bring english muffins or bagels to toast.
cayennews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #11
growinupdisney
DIS Veteran

same as others have posed:

cereal bars
granola bars
pop tarts
fruit
muffins
yogurt

There is no better place on Earth than Walt Disney World!
growinupdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #12
Crystal Brewer
Mouseketeer

Kinda jumping thread yet I'm newbie We will be driving tho wouldn't like to venture with the fruit&cold items tho we plan to eat in room bfast it is to my understanding since we have car there are grocers close to WDW may be Lil higher cost than hometown yet freshness worth it I will prepack dry goods? TIA
Crystal Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #13
crusoe2
DIS Veteran

If you opt to have some things delivered, you could get raisin bread or bagels and some cream cheese to spread on top. We like the raisin bread with either plain or strawberry cream cheese. I also like to have some fresh fruit, cheese, croissants, and cereal & milk. Then everyone can kind of mix and match whatever they are in the mood for. We've done poptarts and pastries before but that was too many carbs and not enough protein - it didn't hold us well at all.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #14
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

My go to breakfasts in the room:

Bagel Thins (I take them to the food court the night before and lightly toast them then when they cool off I put them in a baggie). Next morning I just take them out top them and I have a great portable breakfast. If I do a grocery run then they get cream cheese and ham if not then I use pb. Will hold me over till lunch.

Mini Bagels I like these untoasted so I just take along peanut butter and smear some on in the mornings. Two minis will keep my satisfied till lunch. Again portable and easy to eat walking or riding the bus.

Fiber Bars or K bars not my favorite breakfast as I'm not real fond of sweets in the morning but they do in a pinch. but these are more of just something to tide me over and I often will get a snack mid morning.

Instant oatmeal (if you have a coffee maker). I just grab some spoons from the food court and use the coffee cups in room. Flavorered oatmeal I just eat but I prefer plain so I can add milk or sweetner to my tastes. I am usually cutting my time close as I'm not a morning person so I prefer the portable food above but if I have time I love oatmeal.

I will often grab banannas or dried fruit or apples to have either with breakfast or as a mid morning snack, but fruit is entirely optional for me.

Iced coffee. NOt a fan of WDW coffee (that may change with the new brand) but I also prefer cold caffine so I buy Starbucks Iced coffee Via packs. The night before I make the iced coffee in a water bottle and add a little splenda. The next morning I take it out add milk (usually buy at resort or on grocery stop) and I'm good for the am.

I do sometimes have milk with my breakfast and also coffee. But a combo of milk/protien/starch is the best option for me.

cereal/poptarts/danish type breakfasts just spike me so that within an hour I'm looking for something more substantial.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #15
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Brewer View Post
Kinda jumping thread yet I'm newbie We will be driving tho wouldn't like to venture with the fruit&cold items tho we plan to eat in room bfast it is to my understanding since we have car there are grocers close to WDW may be Lil higher cost than hometown yet freshness worth it I will prepack dry goods? TIA
This is the walmart I use.

Been there on both of my last trips. Very easy to get to but make sure your gps is set to avoid the toll road or carry plenty of change (the road BEHIND the store to gets back to disney, it's a exact change toll road LOL luckily I had the right amount of quarters) however there is a short and easy non toll option as well. It was maybe 15 minutes from the epcot area.

Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #5420
3250 Vineland Road
Kissimmee, FL 34746
(407) 397-1125

Large, clean, prices are reasonable (as in I live in midamerica where price of living is low and while more expensive then home, not unreasonably more), liquor store (i didn't buy so don't know the prices), Subway (makes a great first night dinner to grab a bag of subs and get a chips and soda in the store), they also have a large disney section so a great place to pick up a few inexpensive souvieneers. I picked up water, beer, milk, chips/snacks and souvineers and spent less than 30 bucks.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: