Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #31
ballarinamom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
However I'm not sure if world of color locked you out for 2hours tho..
World of Color FPs were not connected to the other FPs. It was a good way to organize the crowds. Those who held FPs for the second show lined up back behind a closed ride and filed in right after the first was over.

Me (44 yikes!) , DH (46) , DD (11)
Old 02-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #32
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
You're never going to convince me that there are enough FP slots to allow everyone to prebook 4 slots, then have access to same day in the park FPs and also allow APs to prebook 4 per day any day of the year they might want to go. (If that were me, I'd book a bunch in advance just on the off chance I might want to go. Or maybe every weekend, just to keep my options open).

This will definitely be interesting to watch unfold.
Maybe everyone in the park gets one FP+ for wishes.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #33
interstate70s
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
Well of its anything like world of color I would expect thousands!
I couldn't believe the number of FPs people's led up for this... We got lucky, and a CM let us into the dinner package area b/c it was our anniversary!
However I'm not sure if world of color locked you out for 2hours tho..
WoC FP is not connected to the system, ( on wiki it says the viweing area holds 5000) but maybe counting it against the limit is how they could get 4 fp+ out of the system at wdw with parades and shows?

All I meant by rumors /speculation of 3fp+ was that it didn't 't seem written in stone to me. I don 't think an interview makes it absolute. I hope its not true anyway. It will be our kids first trip to wdw at the end of April and since they are used to using fp at DL I think it would be disappointing to be so limited. Bcrook I think your updates have been great on fp+.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #34
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post
Rumor is that "no-expiration" tickets will be going away. I don't know what they will do about the ones that are still in circulation.
This. We have two non-expiring tickets, one with 6 days and one with 10 days. Will they end up converting those two tickets to RFID or will I have to go to a ticket booth every time I'm there and switch them out for the number of days I want to use?

I still don't understand the 3 or 4 FP per day for one park only, though. Are they trying to phase out the PH option as well??
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Old 02-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #35
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstate70s View Post
I don 't think an interview makes it absolute.
Past performance is in sync with that statement, for sure.

Big wigs under the gun will blurt out a line that was discussed at the most recent meeting.

It may or may not have much connection with the final decision.

Stay tuned.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #36
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
Maybe everyone in the park gets one FP+ for wishes.
...... or 4.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #37
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Thanks Lauren for the latest scoop... And hope for multiple FP opportunities under this new system we all fear to some extent since as the PP said, those of us here can easily get 6-7 FP with our rope drop strategies and touring plans.

Perhaps if it is 4 pre-booked, they will be in categories as others have suggested, e.g. 3 attractions and 1 non attraction. Hopefully they won't further aggregate into only 1 Superheadliner, 1 headliner and 1 whatever ride...

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Old 02-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #38
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstate70s View Post
All I meant by rumors /speculation of 3fp+ was that it didn't 't seem written in stone to me. I don 't think an interview makes it absolute. I hope its not true anyway.
I get it, you are correct we don't know what the final number will be.

And I hope ..... your vacation is filled with great joy!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #39
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing! I hope we start to get more reports trickling in as spring nears!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #40
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
You think to much!
(But thoughts are much appreciated. )
Sorry about this response to mom2rtk, but I couldn't resist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
You're never going to convince me that there are enough FP slots to allow everyone to prebook 4 slots, then have access to same day in the park FPs and also allow APs to prebook 4 per day any day of the year they might want to go. (If that were me, I'd book a bunch in advance just on the off chance I might want to go. Or maybe every weekend, just to keep my options open).

This will definitely be interesting to watch unfold.
A group of us were thinking on the rumor board and crunched some numbers. They support your contention.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #41
interstate70s
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
And I hope ..... your vacation is filled with great joy!
Thanks! I 'm sure it will be
Old 02-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #42
alhurricane
DisDads #733

So is this likely to be in place by late May? Or is everything still speculation at this point? Have to say it seems a bit intimidating for the first time visitor.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:33 PM   #43
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhurricane
So is this likely to be in place by late May? Or is everything still speculation at this point? Have to say it seems a bit intimidating for the first time visitor.
Still speculation at this point, but it will likely be in use at-least partially. At that time both plans will likely be in effect. We go in Mid-June, my second visit, so I was at least comfortable with the traditional FP. At this point I'm less concerned with what it will be and more concerned about not knowing.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #44
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhurricane View Post
The Disney Brass introduced a flurry of information on January 7, and then disappeared. With the exception of when Iger reappeared to take some shots at Congress.

We have no idea when anything will start. I would think the app would have to work first. And...that...is...a...mess!

When the first people book their first FP+, there will be lots of information then.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:46 PM   #45
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegood2 View Post
Still speculation at this point, but it will likely be in use at-least partially. At that time both plans will likely be in effect. We go in Mid-June, my second visit, so I was at least comfortable with the traditional FP. At this point I'm less concerned with what it will be and more concerned about not knowing.
My group will be down there at Kidani the second week of June. Smart money might still be on regular fastpass at that time, if people can resist the allure of magicband interaction. No matter what, I think people will second guess themselves. I wasn't planning on going into the Disney parks in June, but maybe I should do some recon for the big FW trip in October.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: