Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #196
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
The stated purpose of FP+ is it is to get people out of lines so that they can do other things like 'eat, shop, and generally enjoy the park'. As such, I refuse to accept the premise that FP+ will force people to wait in longer lines and have less time to do those other things.

I'll choose instead to believe that it will be a good thing and wait to see how it plays out before I get angsty.
Recent reports have said otherwise.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #197
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
I couldn't even venture a guess on how many do but I know both times my hairstylist and her family went this is what they do. (no dining adrs or anything as they just eat CS meals).

PS: Last I heard Hossa was OK, but more details later today (or as many details as hockey coaches ever give ) Hansen has a hearing later today over the hit.

Back to regular scheduled FP+ speculation
News just said they lost Hossa... Did not hear the entire report tho ....
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #198
gwmort
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4miami View Post
Do you really think the average family with little kids is going to want to wait in 9 on hour lines in order to fit in those attractions? You don't consider that cumbersome? Not to mention, when are they supposed to eat, shop, and generally enjoy the park?
Of course not, they will walk right on 4 of those attractions with their fp+'s. I just use that as a baseline worst case scenario, anything that improves on 9 1-hr waits is likely better for the "average" family.

Most people on here wouldn't want to wait an hour for any ride, because with planning they can avoid it, but that is not average. Go to any of the parks on nearly any day and you will find thousands of people standing in 1+ hr standby lines, that is average. The new system will help more of them by making more of the commando planners wait in lines too.

The people who are upset about not riding Space mountain 5x in one day will be disadvantaged, the 4 other people that get to ride with shorter waits because that guy only goes once now will be advantaged.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #199
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMinnie View Post
"Recent reports" are not based on fact.

Simply speculation.
We'll be home soon...

Old 02-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #200
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
"Recent reports" are not based on fact.

Simply speculation.
You're right...all those people reporting back were just "speculating" on their experiences waiting in lines twice and three times as long as posted wait times.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #201
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're right...all those people reporting back were just "speculating" on their experiences waiting in lines twice and three times as long as posted wait times.
Well, since you highlighted the following:

"As such I refuse to accept the premise that FastPass+ will force people to waiti in longer lines and have less time to do other things"

led one to believe that your reference to this quote pertained to "the premise of Fastpass+" and nothing further
We'll be home soon...

Old 02-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #202
golf4miami
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmort View Post
Of course not, they will walk right on 4 of those attractions with their fp+'s. I just use that as a baseline worst case scenario, anything that improves on 9 1-hr waits is likely better for the "average" family.

Most people on here wouldn't want to wait an hour for any ride, because with planning they can avoid it, but that is not average. Go to any of the parks on nearly any day and you will find thousands of people standing in 1+ hr standby lines, that is average. The new system will help more of them by making more of the commando planners wait in lines too.

The people who are upset about not riding Space mountain 5x in one day will be disadvantaged, the 4 other people that get to ride with shorter waits because that guy only goes once now will be advantaged.
Yes, they will get to ride those 4 rides with a 'minimal' wait. Yet, all of the other rides they will have to wait an hour for. This still isn't fair and doesn't work for most families. Just like a PP said, they would much rather ride the small rides over and over again than the larger rides even once, so you're telling me that family is going to be punished because they would rather ride Pirates and Tommorowland Speedway multiple times instead of wanting to ride the bigger rides too?

Last edited by golf4miami; 02-20-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #203
kaybird
DIS Veteran

Really thought I wouldn't chime in, but I am amused enough to comment. Like any other change, we have 14 pages of "What if's?" Most of you would not remember the change from tickets books to one price admission. ("SO unfair! What if I don't ride roller coasters?" "Now everyone can ride E tickets" etc)

Then FP. People didn't understand it. I can positively state that this is still true for a great many park visitors. Used effectively it is wonderful. Planning your life around it is a headache.

Now FP+. We don't know how it will wind up. The RFID is changeable, so I suspect there will be a great many tweaks from the "official" roll out to what we will be complaining or cheering about in 1 year.

Veterans in the park rarely need more than 4 FP a day; it will take a while to get used to the new flow.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #204
gwmort
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybird View Post
Really thought I wouldn't chime in, but I am amused enough to comment. Like any other change, we have 14 pages of "What if's?" Most of you would not remember the change from tickets books to one price admission. ("SO unfair! What if I don't ride roller coasters?" "Now everyone can ride E tickets" etc)

Then FP. People didn't understand it. I can positively state that this is still true for a great many park visitors. Used effectively it is wonderful. Planning your life around it is a headache.

Now FP+. We don't know how it will wind up. The RFID is changeable, so I suspect there will be a great many tweaks from the "official" roll out to what we will be complaining or cheering about in 1 year.

Veterans in the park rarely need more than 4 FP a day; it will take a while to get used to the new flow.
Well said
Old 02-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #205
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4miami View Post
But as we have pointed out numerous times, the numbers just don't support this as being able to happen. There is no way you can add people to the FP que of a ride and not make the stand-by time longer.

This is especially troubling for the rides that don't currently have FP.
Since you are repeating what you guys have 'pointed out numerous times', I'll do the same. The more people that are added to the FP line and the easier it is to get a FP, the less important SB wait times are. Thinking otherwise is just a trap that people fall into by considering the SB line the 'regular' line instead of the Stand By line.

Last edited by dadddio; 02-20-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #206
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Since you are repeating what you guys have 'pointed out numerous times', I'll do the same. The more people that are added to the FP line and teh easier it is to get a FP, the less important SB wait times are. Thinking otherwise is just a trap that people fall into by considering the SB line the 'regular' line instead of the Stand By line.
So who gets to define "standby"? That line has never been anything but the "regular" line. The non-FP line. To try to compare it to the definition of "standby" used by airlines is sort of disingenuous.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #207
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What recent reports? FP+ isnt even up and running yet.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #208
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What recent reports? FP+ isnt even up and running yet.
I believe ManyMinnie is referring to the rash of stories reported here in various threads about people getting in standby lines that turn out to be 3 or 4 times longer than the posted wait time.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #209
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thier issues were wait times that were significantly longer than posted. Thier issues were not that FP+ was causing long lines, which it wasn't since FP+ doesn't actually exist yet.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #210
golf4miami
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Since you are repeating what you guys have 'pointed out numerous times', I'll do the same. The more people that are added to the FP line and teh easier it is to get a FP, the less important SB wait times are. Thinking otherwise is just a trap that people fall into by considering the SB line the 'regular' line instead of the Stand By line.
Not only has the normal line never been truly a Stand By line but just the normal non-fastpass line, they are actually making it harder to get FP by my standards. In a normal day at Disney I can probably accrue 6 FP on my own without trying. Not to mention most of those would be to E ticket attractions since that's what I normally use them on. Now, you take 2 of those out of my hands right away, not to mention the fact that now I'm only allowed 1 E ticket FP a day instead of the 3,4, or 5 I would have gotten otherwise.

Not only that, but now I'm going to be made to wait in line behind FP people on rides that we've never had FP for before and was always first come first serve.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: