Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #181
tfc3rid
DIS Veteran

$1 Billion spent in FL gets you MDE with FP+

$1 Billion in California gets you Cars Land, Buena Vista Street, World of Color, The Little Mermaid...

I was never a fan of this whole new system, mainly because I don't ever use FP... Casual AP visitor... No use for it... Never liked it anyway... Lines moved a lot better before FP ever came into play... I don't think this is going to be $$ well spent.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #182
gwmort
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4miami View Post
And we already established that it would be next to difficult to ride a ride with a minimal wait without a FP. Do you not see where this becomes extremely difficult and cumbersome to the average family visiting the World?
I had read and believe that the average family does about 9 attractions a day, that can generally be accomplished with 1 hr waits at each ride. Perhaps the expectations that if everyone doesn't have whatever you consider a "minimal" wait is the source of the frustration.
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #183
golf4miami
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmort View Post
I had read and believe that the average family does about 9 attractions a day, that can generally be accomplished with 1 hr waits at each ride. Perhaps the expectations that if everyone doesn't have whatever you consider a "minimal" wait is the source of the frustration.
Do you really think the average family with little kids is going to want to wait in 9 on hour lines in order to fit in those attractions? You don't consider that cumbersome? Not to mention, when are they supposed to eat, shop, and generally enjoy the park?
Old 02-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #184
kenny
I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train. - Walter E. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmort
I am looking forward to fp+ a lot.

We seldom ride the same ride more than once, we usually use less than 4 fp's a day, and hate running around collecting them.

I am sure it will crimp the way some people tour, but it will enhance the way others do. I truly believe it will help many more guests than it hinders.
I agree that it helps some and hinders others, just like anything else. What I don't personally like is that it would almost force people to tour one way. While we will have to wait and e what happens from what is been said on this thread it appears that FP+ favors infrequent visitors and planners more than repeat non planners. I get having to plan ADRs to eat but planning rides and sequences is just to much for some. To some vacations are more relaxed then commando/scheduled. My everyday life is already scheduled enough. Lol

People have mentioned who there will be fp's for more rides/shows now to offset the demand. I will agree that I do not like waiting 120mins to ride space mountain or another e ticket. Typically we will pass and go on rides with lessor waits like small world, pirates, we'd way, etc. we will FP the e tickets. Now if the goal of FP+ is to spread out the crowd and even wait times this may lessen the wait on e tickets but increase the waits on other rides. While 60min over 120 I would be a great reduction on an sticker would you be willing to take that for 60mins now on walk on rides? Personally would rather have long waits on some and option to skip an short waits on other rides then medium waits on everything.

Just my opinion. Others will definitely differ.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #185
kenny
I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train. - Walter E. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4miami

Do you really think the average family with little kids is going to want to wait in 9 on hour lines in order to fit in those attractions? You don't consider that cumbersome? Not to mention, when are they supposed to eat, shop, and generally enjoy the park?
Exactly my point in another post. With kids I would rather have the option to skip long waits for walk ons rather than wait on every ride. Maybe that will change when my kids are older but at a younger age they would rather do several lesser rides then 1 or 2 big rides and stand in line for longer periods of time

Old 02-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #186
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm still looking for a response to this post I made yesterday:

You said:

And we already established that it would be next to difficult to ride a ride with a minimal wait without a FP. Do you not see where this becomes extremely difficult and cumbersome to the average family visiting the World?
I'm confused. You stated that you were for some reason still waiting for me to respond from yesterday, but then included two of my posts.

To your current question, we haven't actually 'established' anything, since none of us know any specifics. Therefore, it's totally unknown how easy it will be for a so-called 'average' family.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #187
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyerin View Post
My worry is that since they seem to have trouble getting the new website to work properly in recognizing reservations, booking dining etc, that we may schedule our FP+s but will they actually work at the right time and place.... It would not be fun to get to a ride at the scheduled time and find that there is no record of a FP+ for that person... I would not be upset if the new system isn't ready yet by our August trip.
THIS, completely. User technology and Disney has never been a match made in heaven. And the roll-out of the new Web site has been an unmitigated disaster. But let's ramp up the usage of the Web site and make sure every part of a guest's vacation is predicated on said Web site working properly. What could possibly go wrong?
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 02-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #188
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The stated purpose of FP+ is it is to get people out of lines so that they can do other things like 'eat, shop, and generally enjoy the park'. As such, I refuse to accept the premise that FP+ will force people to wait in longer lines and have less time to do those other things.

I'll choose instead to believe that it will be a good thing and wait to see how it plays out before I get angsty.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #189
golf4miami
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
The stated purpose of FP+ is it is to get people out of lines so that they can do other things like 'eat, shop, and generally enjoy the park'. As such, I refuse to accept the premise that FP+ will force people to wait in longer lines and have less time to do those other things.

I'll choose instead to believe that it will be a good thing and wait to see how it plays out before I get angsty.
But as we have pointed out numerous times, the numbers just don't support this as being able to happen. There is no way you can add people to the FP que of a ride and not make the stand-by time longer.

This is especially troubling for the rides that don't currently have FP.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #190
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Besides the many on this thread that the new FP+ may not work for, there are thousands of non-planning people that stay off-site and will have no contact with Disney to even know they need to get tickets in advance and to plan some rides 60 days out. It doesn't seem this new system will be good for those families either. But even those families should have common sense to know that arriving at the park at openning would allow them to ride more. There may be some of those that will be upset when they have been use to the old system and they show up in the morning to find 75% of the FP's are already gone.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #191
golf4miami
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
Besides the many on this thread that the new FP+ may not work for, there are thousands of non-planning people that stay off-site and will have no contact with Disney to even know they need to get tickets in advance and to plan some rides 60 days out. It doesn't seem this new system will be good for those families either. But even those families should have common sense to know that arriving at the park at openning would allow them to ride more. There may be some of those that will be upset when they have been use to the old system and they show up in the morning to find 75% of the FP's are already gone.

I actually have a feeling that these people won't be left out because I am willing to guess that they will get reminder emails saying, "Make sure you plan your visit with your new FP+ system". That way Disney can use those numbers to anticipate which parks will be busy and which won't be, so they can manipulate us into changing parks if the one we're currently in is too busy.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #192
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
I actually have a feeling that these people won't be left out because I am willing to guess that they will get reminder emails saying, "Make sure you plan your visit with your new FP+ system". That way Disney can use those numbers to anticipate which parks will be busy and which won't be, so they can manipulate us into changing parks if the one we're currently in is too busy.
If you are staying off site and plan on buying tickets at the gate, Disney has no idea you are coming. Therefore no such reminder email will be coming.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 02-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #193
golf4miami
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
If you are staying off site and plan on buying tickets at the gate, Disney has no idea you are coming. Therefore no such reminder email will be coming.
Great point, never considered that. I wonder what the percentage of those guests visit the park each day?

ps. GO HAWKS!

pps. I sure hope Hossa is ok.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #194
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Great point, never considered that. I wonder what the percentage of those guests visit the park each day?

ps. GO HAWKS!

pps. I sure hope Hossa is ok.
I couldn't even venture a guess on how many do but I know both times my hairstylist and her family went this is what they do. (no dining adrs or anything as they just eat CS meals).

PS: Last I heard Hossa was OK, but more details later today (or as many details as hockey coaches ever give ) Hansen has a hearing later today over the hit.

Back to regular scheduled FP+ speculation
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 02-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #195
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post

Hey...you're not supposed to take that type of approach around here. You're supposed to believe that the implementation of FP+ will bring about the armegeddon - you know, just like reduced monorail hours did, CC holds for ADRs did, etc.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: