Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #166
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 27,774

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4miami View Post
Eloquently put and I agree. Not to mention the fact that they will have to create FPs for rides that never had FP before so that everyone gets a FP for at least something means that now instead of getting on in the order you show up for rides such as: Pirates, It's a Small World, Barnstormer, etc will now have extended Stand By wait times because they will have to accommidate all of those FPs.
I'm worried about that piece of it as well. Although I think there's a chance that after a few times of hoofing it across the park to make a FP time and realizing the standby line short enough they didn't even need a FP, people will figure out which ones they didn't need, and start blowing them off. I think there will always be some unsuspecting first timer who will take those (since all the good ones were gone) but eventually people will realize some of those were just fluff, added to the system purely in the interest of beefing up total FP inventory.
mom2rtk is online now  
Old 02-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #167
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!
 
Robo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: In the Magic Mirror, I'm closer than I appear.
Posts: 76,271

As the "Tower of Babel" that is the new list of FastPass "what-if's" gets taller and taller (and the complexities become less understandable to guests and front-line CM's) it can reach a such point that the original plan can collapse under its own weight, so to speak.

I'm going to postulate that Disney planners of FP+ did not go into nearly the depth of questioning (the "what-if's") that so many of the posters brought up on this board.
(We want to ride the same attractions together.
What if I have X number of family members in my party arriving at X different times,
staying at X different places, having X different kind of tickets, etc. etc, etc.)

When and if this FP+ thing comes on line...

tick - tick - tick

Robo is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #168
gwmort
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
I agree. Not to mentioned that Disney as yet to official state that there will be FP+'s the day of.
It was my understanding that was the gist of the OP's comment, that is to say a CM told him they were trained (by a power point I believe) that there would be same day available. I am not saying that makes it a fact, just the subject of discussion in this thread.
__________________
gwmort is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #169
dadddio
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,215

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I just think there won't be enough capacity to offer all those pre-booked FPs and same day FPs. No matter whether they get them on a slip of paper at a kiosk, or with a touch of your finger on a smart phone. Yes, I know adding FP for parades, shows, fireworks and attractions that never needed FP will help. But I'm not talking about those things. I'm talking about things that actually NEED FP. What people want are FPs for E ticket rides. And I just don't think there will be enough.
I believe, or at least choose to believe, that the expansion of rides and attractions that will be FPable, an increase in the number of FPs available for each attraction, and the system not allowing guests to get multiple FPs for the same attraction on the same day will allow for enough capacity.
dadddio is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #170
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 28,898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
As the "Tower of Babel" that is the new list of FastPass "what-if's" gets taller and taller (and the complexities become less understandable to guests and front-line CM's) it can reach a such point that the original plan can collapse under its own weight, so to speak.

I'm going to postulate that Disney planners of FP+ did not go into nearly the depth of questioning (the "what-if's") that so many of the posters brought up on this board.
(We want to ride the same attractions together.
What if I have X number of family members in my party arriving at X different times,
staying at X different places, having X different kind of tickets, etc. etc, etc.)

When and if this FP+ thing comes on line...

tick - tick - tick

It's so exciting!!!!....

It is going to be crazy reading these boards once it comes out. I'm so glad I don't have a trip planned until next year.
damo is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #171
dadddio
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
As the "Tower of Babel" that is the new list of FastPass "what-if's" gets taller and taller (and the complexities become less understandable to guests and front-line CM's) it can reach a such point that the original plan can collapse under its own weight, so to speak.

I'm going to postulate that Disney planners of FP+ did not go into nearly the depth of questioning (the "what-if's") that so many of the posters brought up on this board.
(We want to ride the same attractions together.
What if I have X number of family members in my party arriving at X different times,
staying at X different places, having X different kind of tickets, etc. etc, etc.)

When and if this FP+ thing comes on line...

tick - tick - tick

<snip>
All of your what-ifs were covered in the initial info release.

It doesn't matter where the guests are staying, because FP+ isn't dependant on that.

It doesn't matter what types of tickets everyone has. As long as their are valid tickets in the guests profile, they are cool.

It doesn't matter if all family members arrive at the same time. Link the the profiles and one person can schedule FPs for everyone to ensure that they all ride at the same time.
dadddio is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #172
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
ManyMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 739

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
All of your what-ifs were covered in the initial info release.

It doesn't matter where the guests are staying, because FP+ isn't dependant on that.

It doesn't matter what types of tickets everyone has. As long as their are valid tickets in the guests profile, they are cool.

It doesn't matter if all family members arrive at the same time. Link the the profiles and one person can schedule FPs for everyone to ensure that they all ride at the same time.
All subject to change, of course.
ManyMinnie is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #173
dadddio
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,215

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4miami View Post
Eloquently put and I agree. Not to mention the fact that they will have to create FPs for rides that never had FP before so that everyone gets a FP for at least something means that now instead of getting on in the order you show up for rides such as: Pirates, It's a Small World, Barnstormer, etc will now have extended Stand By wait times because they will have to accommidate all of those FPs.
Alternatively, you might schedule FPs for these rides while you are in the park, scheduling your day so that you limit your time in lines and maximize your fun. Come to think of it, this is basically what they stated that FP+ was intended to do.
dadddio is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #174
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 27,774

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
I believe, or at least choose to believe, that the expansion of rides and attractions that will be FPable, an increase in the number of FPs available for each attraction, and the system not allowing guests to get multiple FPs for the same attraction on the same day will allow for enough capacity.
Well, ultimately it won't matter what we choose to believe. It will be what it is.

Do we know for a fact the system won't allow more than one FP for the same ride? I know it won't let you preschedule for the same ride twice. But if they do have some same day FPs, do we know you couldn't duplicate what you had prescheduled? My own guess is that there will be same day FPs but they will be the extra fluff (Pirates, Philharmagic, that sort of thing) so it will be a non-issue.

Of course certain times of the year might have lower demand resulting in more decent "leftovers" but the very nature of that might render FPs unnecessary in the first place.
mom2rtk is online now  
Old 02-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #175
dadddio
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,215

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMinnie View Post
All subject to change, of course.
Everything in the world is subject to change, but if we are not going to put some amount of stock in the information that has already been officially released, then there really is no point in discussing the topic.
dadddio is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #176
dadddio
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,215

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Well, ultimately it won't matter what we choose to believe. It will be what it is.

Do we know for a fact the system won't allow more than one FP for the same ride? I know it won't let you preschedule for the same ride twice. But if they do have some same day FPs, do we know you couldn't duplicate what you had prescheduled?
We do not know whether multiple FPs will be able to be scheduled for the same ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
My own guess is that there will be same day FPs but they will be the extra fluff (Pirates, Philharmagic, that sort of thing) so it will be a non-issue.
It's interesting to note that nearly every time someone throws out an example of something that no one would want a FP for, I can imagine wanting a FP for it. We are all different. That's the thing that those crunching hypothetical FP numbers keep missing.
dadddio is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #177
jennyerin
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 348

My worry is that since they seem to have trouble getting the new website to work properly in recognizing reservations, booking dining etc, that we may schedule our FP+s but will they actually work at the right time and place.... It would not be fun to get to a ride at the scheduled time and find that there is no record of a FP+ for that person... I would not be upset if the new system isn't ready yet by our August trip.
jennyerin is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #178
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
ManyMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 739

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
Everything in the world is subject to change, but if we are not going to put some amount of stock in the information that has already been officially released, then there really is no point in discussing the topic.
You can put all the stock you want in what Disney has said.

Since they can't even figure out how to get the new website and app working correctly months after it was supposed to be live, it sure doesn't bode well for FP+.

Actions speak louder than words
ManyMinnie is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #179
golf4miami
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 395

I'm still looking for a response to this post I made yesterday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
No, I do not. However, that's not because of limits to the number of FPs that can be added to the system, but instead due to the FP distribution rules. The so-called two-hour rule and the inherent difficulty of scheduling that many activities is going to break your ability to get a FP for every ride in the park. That being said, what's the percentage of guests who are currently able to hit every ride and attraction in MK on a single day? If it's not zero, it certainly approaches zero.
You said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio
If you were able to obtain FPs for the rides that you were interested in riding, how would you be unable to ride those rides?
And we already established that it would be next to difficult to ride a ride with a minimal wait without a FP. Do you not see where this becomes extremely difficult and cumbersome to the average family visiting the World?
__________________
golf4miami is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #180
gwmort
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 591

I am looking forward to fp+ a lot.

We seldom ride the same ride more than once, we usually use less than 4 fp's a day, and hate running around collecting them.

I am sure it will crimp the way some people tour, but it will enhance the way others do. I truly believe it will help many more guests than it hinders.
__________________
gwmort is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.