Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #136
tarheelblue8853
Earning My Ears

I just want to start off by saying that I don't know a whole heck of a lot about the coming Fastpass+ system. Here is my question though. Why are they going to 3 or 4 FP+'s per person. I think this system could definitely work and be beneficial if it was just 1 or 2 per person. That way you could sit down and get those FP+'s early to make sure you and your group will be able to ride that ride or those 2 rides on the day you will be in the park. I personally just think that when you start getting to 3 or 4 FP+'s per person it will start to gum up the system a little bit.

Also, why don't they just leave the original FP system in place alongside the FP+ system. That way after you have used your 1 or 2 FP+ then your park experience is pretty much exactly like it would have been anyway. FP+ would just give you a way to reserve what you want to do in advance and the limited # would keep from clogging everything up.

I know eventually we'll learn to live with it, and probably learn how to use it to our advantage, but right now it just seems like its going to make touring the parks more difficult and not easier.

Again, I think I understand the original idea: that you'll be able to ensure that your group will absolutely get to experience your favorite rides by locking in your FP+ before you get there. It's just I think the # of FP+ is going to be too high. Oh well, just my uneducated idea.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #137
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelblue8853 View Post
Also, why don't they just leave the original FP system in place alongside the FP+ system.
Not enough FP "seats" in a day to make both effectively work at the same time.

A ride can only carry X number of guests in an hour, and in a day.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #138
tarheelblue8853
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Not enough FP "seats" in a day to make both effectively work at the same time.

A ride can only carry X number of guests in an hour, and in a day.
Yeah I suppose that would be a problem. But if like I suggested everyone was limited to 1 or 2 FP+ would it be that huge of a problem? I guess I haven't done the math on it.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #139
Elandon
Earning My Ears

The hybrid model does seem like it might be more fair. I mean, I'm all for planning my vacation but committing to rides 60 days in advance is a bit much. Is this going to be like ADRs where any "last minute" trips ( even those planned 6 weeks in advance) will not include space mountain, splash mountain, or soarin? Some of us work a lot and have to be a little flexible with our vacation plans. I don't have the luxury of planning 180 days in advance and routinely loose out on good ADRs because of it. Plus, I can't imagine how disappointed a first time visitor would be when they really start planning a week or two in advance only to find out that they will be waiting in long lines if they want to do headlining attractions.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #140
Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandon View Post
The hybrid model does seem like it might be more fair. I mean, I'm all for planning my vacation but committing to rides 60 days in advance is a bit much. Is this going to be like ADRs where any "last minute" trips ( even those planned 6 weeks in advance) will not include space mountain, splash mountain, or soarin? Some of us work a lot and have to be a little flexible with our vacation plans. I don't have the luxury of planning 180 days in advance and routinely loose out on good ADRs because of it. Plus, I can't imagine how disappointed a first time visitor would be when they really start planning a week or two in advance only to find out that they will be waiting in long lines if they want to do headlining attractions.
None of this would be a factor if they had not decided to arbitrarily change the FP rules.

(Some committee somewhere has got to be quaking in their boots anticipating the guest
complaints when things go wrong with this unstable behemoth.)

Old 02-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #141
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
(Some committee somewhere has got to be quaking in their boots anticipating the guest
complaints when things go wrong with this unstable behemoth.)
And I will be first in line if this goes like I think it will! Perhaps they will offer FP+ for Guest Relations to lodge complaints.
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Old 02-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #142
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hattered View Post
Perhaps they will offer FP+ for Guest Relations to lodge complaints.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #143
momto2
greet each new day as a magical journey.

Ok shoot me if you want...

But I wasn't about to read all 10 pages. Last I heard FP+ was still in trial stages. Any word on an official start date?

It's kind of fun to do the impossible! Walt Disney
2013-BC
2011-BC
2008-CR
2007-CR and Poly
2006-CR
2005-CR
2003-GF
2000-CR
1995-WL
1993-CBR
Old 02-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #144
Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2 View Post
But I wasn't about to read all 10 pages. Last I heard FP+ was still in trial stages. Any word on an official start date?
Nope.

Rest assured, if and when they DO announce a start date, you won't have to wade through any pages to
find out.

It will be in the Title of multiple threads.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #145
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

~Yay!

~Thanks for the update. I just can't wait for fastpass+!!!!

Old 02-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #146
finedice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummabear View Post
Maybe there will be some sort of penalty if FP+'s are being regularly booked and going unused.
It is relatively easy to deal with FP+ reservations "going unused". If the ticket to which the reservation is tied has not gone through the turnstile, the reservation can be canceled and redistributed.

On another note, I had a nice online chat with a CM "info engineer" on the WDW site today. I was pressing for any details I could get from them on FP+ and its inception date. First he "officially" told me that there is no date yet for full roll-out, but sometime this year.

He then "unofficially" added that he was pretty sure it would not be generally available for my dates in late April.

Take it for what it's worth. I also felt like I knew more about MDE and FP+ than he did, but who knows?
Old 02-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #147
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by finedice View Post
It is relatively easy to deal with FP+ reservations "going unused". If the ticket to which the reservation is tied has not gone through the turnstile, the reservation can be canceled and redistributed.
But when would this happen? 2 hours, 30 minutes or 5 minutes before the start of your return window or 2 hours, 30 minutes or 5 minutes before the end of your time window. And if it is at the end of your time window would it not be too late to add that FP back into the system if they can only handle so many per hour?

I also wonder what will happen if you don't show up. Will it be given back to you or do it you lose it for that day. If someone with an AP can make 3 or 4 for every day without anything happening if they don't show up, there may be many that would do so on the chance they may be able to go. Or our family that has a 10 day NE. We only plan on going to the parks for 3 days this year and will be staying off-site. But with my ticket I could tie up FP+'s for 10 days so I would have more options when I got to Disney. With the old system, I could only tie up and/or use FP's on days I actually entered the park making every morning a level playing field for all that wish to visit that park for that day.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #148
finedice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
But when would this happen? 2 hours, 30 minutes or 5 minutes before the start of your return window or 2 hours, 30 minutes or 5 minutes before the end of your time window. And if it is at the end of your time window would it not be too late to add that FP back into the system if they can only handle so many per hour?

I also wonder what will happen if you don't show up. Will it be given back to you or do it you lose it for that day. If someone with an AP can make 3 or 4 for every day without anything happening if they don't show up, there may be many that would do so on the chance they may be able to go. Or our family that has a 10 day NE. We only plan on going to the parks for 3 days this year and will be staying off-site. But with my ticket I could tie up FP+'s for 10 days so I would have more options when I got to Disney. With the old system, I could only tie up and/or use FP's on days I actually entered the park making every morning a level playing field for all that wish to visit that park for that day.
Even 5 minutes before the reservation is enough to get it gobbled up...
Old 02-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #149
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Since Robo hasn't said it yet, I will. Just leave the FP system, the heck, alone.
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
Old 02-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #150
finedice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
Since Robo hasn't said it yet, I will. Just leave the FP system, the heck, alone.
Agreeing with you both. However, that's not going to happen
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: