Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
Beka
Goes to 11
 
Beka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,349

current wait times in the parks

Anyone have a clue as to why the wait times are SO long right now? I mean, I don't remember seeing an hour long wait for the safari at AK this summer, so why now? And anything longer than 10 minutes for IASW is crazy. I know this weekend was packed due to it being a holiday weekend, but we're past that now!
__________________
Celebrating 10 years together, a Victoria & Albert's review



Trips to see The Mouse
1984 1988 1992 1994 1995 1996 2009 2010 2012 2013
_____________________________________________
Kyle & me DS DS Matches Booger
RIP, Papa. Thanks for introducing the love of Disney!
Beka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 25,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beka
Anyone have a clue as to why the wait times are SO long right now? I mean, I don't remember seeing an hour long wait for the safari at AK this summer, so why now? And anything longer than 10 minutes for IASW is crazy. I know this weekend was packed due to it being a holiday weekend, but we're past that now!
Presidents Week holiday for school districts in the Northeast.
__________________
WDW: 45 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
freepixie
Tanoshi
Dale kept taking my napkin
And here I thought only the Yeti would eat people
 
freepixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In my Castle - I'm a PRINCESS
Posts: 1,840

Princess Half Marathon this weekend Over 30,000 participants between the 5K, Kids Races and the Half Marathon. Many are arriving today, many more tomorrow
__________________




Tower of Terror Inaugural 10-Miler I like it HOT HOT HOT 2:10.08

Princess Half Marathon 2012 I DID IT!!! 2:58.06
freepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #4
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney
 
princessallegra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,333

We're at AK now, seated waiting for the last Nemo show. I didn't notice KS wait times as we don't do the safari this late in the day, but EE standby is 20 minutes with FP still available. Seems manageable to us. We're here for the Princess, but it is February break/President's Week for at least NY schools. It's one of the busiest weeks here at wdw.

Eta: DH got onto everest single rider and was on and off in as long as it took me to walk to anandpur for a frozen chai :-) so less than 10 minutes.
__________________

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #5
nedac
Mouseketeer
 
nedac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 420

Both of these... Last Saturday, we waited 40 minutes to park at MK... and we didnt park.... ended up leaving to got to Epcot. And there was busy too... Even Spaceship Earth had a 20 min wait.
__________________
Trips:
October 2013 - Coronado Springs
February 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
October 2011 - All Star Music
October 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2009 - All Star Movies
November 2008 - POP Century
October 2007-POP Century
November 2006 - All-Star Movies
May 2000 - Off-site
July 1997 - Off-site
__________________________
nedac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran
 
eeyoresmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,811

There were animals blocking the safari vehicles this morning. At one point they weren't allowing people to enter the standby line. They may have given fastpasses to those already in line. Backed up the wait times for quite awhile.
eeyoresmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 25,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresmom
There were animals blocking the safari vehicles this morning. At one point they weren't allowing people to enter the standby line. They may have given fastpasses to those already in line. Backed up the wait times for quite awhile.
Animals were blocking lines and giving away FastPasses? Don't they know FastPasses are non-transferable? Have they no sense of right and wrong?
__________________
WDW: 45 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #8
Beka
Goes to 11
 
Beka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,349

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Presidents Week holiday for school districts in the Northeast.
It was just a 3 day weekend here. Luckies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freepixie View Post
Princess Half Marathon this weekend Over 30,000 participants between the 5K, Kids Races and the Half Marathon. Many are arriving today, many more tomorrow
Ooooooooh! That explains it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
We're at AK now, seated waiting for the last Nemo show. I didn't notice KS wait times as we don't do the safari this late in the day, but EE standby is 20 minutes with FP still available. Seems manageable to us. We're here for the Princess, but it is February break/President's Week for at least NY schools. It's one of the busiest weeks here at wdw.

Eta: DH got onto everest single rider and was on and off in as long as it took me to walk to anandpur for a frozen chai :-) so less than 10 minutes.
That's not bad at all. I didn't realize the NE got a full week off this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Animals were blocking lines and giving away FastPasses? Don't they know FastPasses are non-transferable? Have they no sense of right and wrong?
Hey! Giraffe! Get outta my way! I've got a date with a Yeti!
__________________
Celebrating 10 years together, a Victoria & Albert's review



Trips to see The Mouse
1984 1988 1992 1994 1995 1996 2009 2010 2012 2013
_____________________________________________
Kyle & me DS DS Matches Booger
RIP, Papa. Thanks for introducing the love of Disney!
Beka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:01 PM   #9
kino29
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4

This is why I made my reservations for after the Marathon . All the park calenders had this week as being fairly busy. I will hit the parks Feb 23 to March 1 getting in the last slow week before Spring breakers arrive
kino29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.