Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #1
witson
just can't get enough

Has anyone asked and received a cabin upgrade ?

If so, when, where, and how did you do it ? I know if you don't ask, you'll never know, so want to better my chances on asking at the right place, the right time, and the right way.
witson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
jlwhitney
DIS Veteran

If you ask the only thing they will offer you is a an upgrade you pay for, including at the port.

When people get upgrades, they come random to help fill the ship.
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

We upgraded at the port, to concierge, last October. For us it was about $650 sailing on the Dream.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
allison0523
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwing818 View Post
We upgraded at the port, to concierge, last October. For us it was about $650 sailing on the Dream.
I am interested in this topic too. Were you on a 3 or 4 night sailing and how many people were in your party? Also, what were you upgrading from?
allison0523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by witson View Post
If so, when, where, and how did you do it ? I know if you don't ask, you'll never know, so want to better my chances on asking at the right place, the right time, and the right way.
DCL is not like the resorts when on occasion they will comp upgrade you if you ask.

If you "ask" DCL for an upgrade they will gladly upgrade you for a price. If you want to upgrade the best place to do this is at the port but it is all based on availability. On some cruises there are no upgrades available....all depends on how full a particular sailing is and how many cabin are left to upgrade on sail day. You MUST be checked in first at the terminal and then proceed to the supervisor's desk to ask about upgrades. They have a chart and will tell what the prices are to upgrade from the category you booked to the category you would like. You have to say yes or no on the spot. It is much cheaper to upgrade at the port than beforehand but it is all based on availability. if you really want your heart set on an upgrade to a specific category your best bet is to suck it up and pay beforehand.

DCL does occasionally comp upgrade but it is usually to fit their inventory requirements and never if you just ask.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: