DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
mjc2003
DIS Veteran

Too soon for an October 13 F&W thread? I hope not...

It's a frigid day in the Northeast, and I need to talk about something that's going to take my mind off the thermometer....

We will be there the 18th-27th, and might add one night at the beginning. We've never been in October, and we've only caught the tail end of the festival in the past (November). We are super excited.

There are 17 of us staying at BCV, and I can't wait to see the schedule of events and to start planning our trip.

So....who is going and when? What's the best part about October and F&W, in your opinion?
Old 02-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
disfam2012
Earning My Ears

I'll be at the BCV 10/26-11/2 and I can't wait. The NE weather is killing me!
disfam2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #3
Judique
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc2003 View Post
It's a frigid day in the Northeast, and I need to talk about something that's going to take my mind off the thermometer....

We will be there the 18th-27th, and might add one night at the beginning. We've never been in October, and we've only caught the tail end of the festival in the past (November). We are super excited.

There are 17 of us staying at BCV, and I can't wait to see the schedule of events and to start planning our trip.

So....who is going and when? What's the best part about October and F&W, in your opinion?
I'm going early November.

Best part of food and wine is strolling Epcot and eating outside, small servings of lots of things, with wine and great entertainment and some of the best Florida weather.

Ana a Grand Marnier slushie or two....
Judique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Oct. 22 - 29 - BCV!!!

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
DutchsMommy
I did the Pirate Name thing
'The Angry Cuban' made me snort

We are there right at the beginning and hope to visit, possibly the Sunday night. I am a little worried about crowds for opening weekend, but perhaps we will be pleasantly surprised and figure Sunday (night) is probably better than Friday or Saturday...
Old 02-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
Tink-n-Belle
DIS Veteran

Going for the First time Oct 10-13..

We just moved from Mass to FL so I feel for all of you in the NE.... but winter is almost over!

BWV 12,11,10,09,08,07, 06(2) *BLT 13,12,11,10 *BCV 13,12,06 *AKV 08*VB 06,08 & 09*Cont 02 *Poly 86 *Grand Floridian 88 *All Stars 94 & 04 *Club villas 84,85,87,90,92 & 99 *offsite 83,81,80,76 &73
Tink-n-Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #7
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran

Yes it is too soon . . .

. . . because those of us who cannot get there during F&W this year are now going to have to look at this thread for the next 7-8 months!!

I am truly envious . . . we can't wait to get back for F&W in October. Enjoy!!
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14, Yacht Club Feb '15, Jambo-CL July '15

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #8
MrD1sturbed
Earning My Ears

We'll be there 10/30 - 11/3 at BWV. F&W is our favorite time of the year to go.

On a side note, this will be the first time we do the Mickey's Very Scary Halloween Party!!

MrD1sturbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:51 AM   #9
SamSam

DIS Veteran

We'll be there the first couple of weeks. We LOVE Food and Wine and wouldn't miss it.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #10
mjc2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidanifan08 View Post
. . . because those of us who cannot get there during F&W this year are now going to have to look at this thread for the next 7-8 months!!

I am truly envious . . . we can't wait to get back for F&W in October. Enjoy!!

Well in fairness, I've spent the last few years reading the F&W threads and wishing I was going! And of course, I wish everybody could go!

....of course there's still time....
Old 02-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #11
mjc2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrD1sturbed View Post
We'll be there 10/30 - 11/3 at BWV. F&W is our favorite time of the year to go.

On a side note, this will be the first time we do the Mickey's Very Scary Halloween Party!!

We are doing MNSSHP as well! Being from NJ, we have had 2 freak storms the last 2 years and missed out on Halloween entirely. Last year it was Sandy, the year before it was a freak snowstorm. So my kids have not had a true Halloween in years, I figure there's no way we're getting snowed out at WDW so we're going to partake in the party while there. We have my SIL joining us at the end of the trip for 3 days so at that point we'll have 9 kids ranging from 4-8, perfect ages for it.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #12
mjc2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judique View Post

Best part of food and wine is strolling Epcot and eating outside, small servings of lots of things, with wine and great entertainment and some of the best Florida weather.
That just about sums it up, I couldn't have said it any better myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judique View Post
Ana a Grand Marnier slushie or two....

While I'm not a big drinker, I do really enjoy a good beer from time to time and I have to say that in my limited exposure to F&W I really took a liking to the Stella on tap outside the Rose & Crown. I am not a big fan of draft beer, it often tastes "skunky" to me, but I became a one trick pony on our last trip with that Stella. I can almost taste it now....!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #13
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

We went for the first time last year and going again this year! This time around a few of our closest friends are coming along as well. We can't wait.

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #14
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

10/5 - 10/14 BWVs (10/5-11 BW view, then 11-14 in P/G view, WLing BW view....booked at just under 11 months: hurricane sandy made us lose out on those last few days of BW view).

DH & i go to the F&WF every year. we meet up with friends, sip grey goose slushies, play minigolf, munch around "the world" (making sure to get our booklet stamped at each eatery we try), and just relax

i would suggest: avoid the weekends, get the booklet, book your dining ressies asap, and especially: stroll around watching the "shows" and joining any free demos, walk over to EPCOT when the mood strikes (that's my favorite part)

promise to self this year: i'm carrying ponchos every day. there is usually "the 4pm shower" but last year, we got very heavy rainfall with lightening (so heavy, we couldn't see while walking, puddles were midcalf and higher, etc).
the upside is that we got to meet many nice ppl as we all stood under canopies, watching the sheets of driving rain (funny, all the guys had their cels out, comparing weather sites, and exchanging info).
knowing i'm going in may (with DD) and again in october is the only way i'm keeping my sanity in the below 0 windchills we've been having.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #15
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc2003 View Post

Wow, it looks like there'll be quite a few of us DISers at BCV that week. DH and I will be there from 10/19-10/22, then I'll be continuing on solo there until 10/27. The weather's perfect that week (we've been other times in October to compare), all the different foods (of which DH would say that the Hawaiin beer's best)-I keep trying to find the best, so many to choose from. Are you thinking of any special events? I like to do one culinary demo, and always enjoy it. So when you're there, I'll be the solo lady eating clam chowder in the Marketplace every night.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: