Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
nchulka
it was funny when the creepy guys would follow close to them and then pull their chainsaws

Anyone else turn 4 parks into 5??

When we went to Disney I split Epcot into 2 separate parks. One day we went to Future World only and another day we went to World Showcase only. They were both full open to close days. It worked great, a lot less walking. I don't even think the kids realized it was the same park! It's easy to split, and made it much more manageable. The kids were 6 & 8 and I wondered what they would think of World Showcase day. They LOVED it, one of their favorites of the trip! We watched all the movies and rode all the rides in each country, it was a great day! I really can't imagine trying to do ALL of Epcot the same day!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
ChristusG
DIS Veteran

We need to do that, but we haven't yet. I was actually talking to DH about this when we got back from a Disney trip last week. We always begin in Future World and then have to rush through the World Showcase. Next time we will begin in World Showcase so that we can take our time.

Been to Disney more than 30 times....now enjoying sharing the magic with my girls. Love camping at Fort Wilderness in our pop up camper!
ChristusG is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
MichVick
Mouseketeer

Yes - that is what we are planning to do for our next trip
Old 02-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #4
dansamy
DIS Veteran

We've tried to do that, but I can't resist Soarin' & the boys TT.
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
Tink3rbell86
Mouseketeer

We always do Epcot at least twice. We usually eat there a few nights so get some extra time in the park. Their is so much to do and see how could u jam it all into one day? Plus everyone gets worn out there from all the walking and don't enjoy it as much if you try to squeeze it all in. Definitely one of our favorite parks.

7 trips and counting
Me DH , DD3 & DS9months

t-33days til our next disney world trip. No better time to write my first PTR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3159886

Returning to the world September 21-30th staying at POR
DS first trip DD second trip
Tink3rbell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
Peachkins
DIS Veteran

Never done it, but it is something I'll consider for our trip next year. I've been to Disney World several times now, but I've yet to be able to take my time and really explore the countries. We've already decided we're doing two full days there- one is definitely not enough. If we get there before World Showcase opens, we might do a few of our favorite rides in Future World, but one of those days will be devoted mostly to the countries.

Peachkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #7
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

We always split our Epcot touring into 2 days. But we dont do Future World one day and WS the next, since that would mean wasting those morning hours on the second day. We split the whole park into Right side and Left side.

We do the attractions in the Living Seas, the Land and Imagination one morning and then head into WS starting at Canada.

The next day we do the rest of FW in the morning and then head into WS starting at Mexico and finish up what we didn't see the previous day. Works great.

And we don't have to worry about TT vs Soarin since we'll do each one on different days.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:45 AM   #8
ChloesDaddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
We always split our Epcot touring into 2 days. But we dont do Future World one day and WS the next, since that would mean wasting those morning hours on the second day. We split the whole park into Right side and Left side.

We do the attractions in the Living Seas, the Land and Imagination one morning and then head into WS starting at Canada.

The next day we do the rest of FW in the morning and then head into WS starting at Mexico and finish up what we didn't see the previous day. Works great.

And we don't have to worry about TT vs Soarin since we'll do each one on different days.
We will be going in June and doing something similar -- Land and Seas in the morning, then the east side of WS in the evening (after a break) on the first Epcot day. Then on the second day we'll do Spaceship Earth, Innoventions (the kids love to play here), Universe of Energy and TT (maybe), then head to the west side of WS. At least one of those days we'll get the Agent P's WS Adventure phones for the two older kids (5 and 8). This is the first time we're trying this approach, so I'm glad to hear you liked how it worked.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:30 AM   #9
krd315
Mouseketeer

We plan to do this on our trip in August. We will use the 2nd day about 1/2 way through our trip to sleep in, pool time and then we have a 1pm lunch at Akershus. We plan to spend the afternoon exploring the World showcase, and end with dinner at Rose & Crown and Illuminations. Hopefully it won't be too hot!

We do the same thing with Magic Kingdom with fantasy land on both days. One side of the park day one with pirate league and fantasy land and the other side of the park on day two re-visiting fantasy land with BBB, dinner at the castle and ending with the fireworks.

Next up: Sept 2014 -POR
Past trips: Aug 2013, Sept 2012, Jan 2012, Aug 2000

Last edited by krd315; 02-20-2013 at 06:44 AM.
krd315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #10
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

I'm not seeing the attraction of splitting Epcot into two parks. Why limit yourself on any day? Given the different times that FW and WS are open its often easy to hit some of the FW attractions in the afternoon/evening (with no lines) while hitting some of the WS countries as soon as they open at 11.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #11
BeckyEsq
Mouseketeer.

Planning something sort of similar. We will hit FW on arrival day since it was the most recommended by Easy WDW. We'll keep that day short. Then later in the week we have dinner plans at Akershus so we will spend some time in WS that afternoon/evening. With a 2 year old Epcot is not one of our priorities and this will mean less walking for us.
DisneyLand 6/05
Wilderness Lodge 8/06
Port Orleans Riverside 8/13
*now planning* POR Royal Guest Room 8/14

Is She Ready To Be A Princess? August 2013 Trip Report
BeckyEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #12
ChloesDaddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
I'm not seeing the attraction of splitting Epcot into two parks. Why limit yourself on any day? Given the different times that FW and WS are open its often easy to hit some of the FW attractions in the afternoon/evening (with no lines) while hitting some of the WS countries as soon as they open at 11.
I think it depends on time of year (i.e., "hot or not") and whether you have kids and want to take an afternoon break. We've been before without kids and toured pretty much like you suggest. This time we'll be going in June with three kids (ages 2-8), so we'll take long breaks at the resort in the afternoon. Splitting it over two days allows us to tour more casually.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: