Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #31
amym2
DIS Veteran

OP, I know how you feel also. Boma is my DS11's absolute favorite, but we just can't justify paying almost $40 for mac and cheese (we ate there when he was 9 and he still talks about the mac and cheese). Last October we surprised him and took him to Boma for breakfast. He loved it almost as much as dinner and the price was a lot more reasonable. Turned out that they only charged us a child's price (2 days before his 11th birthday but he looked more like 9). Next time we're at WDW DS will be almost 13 and DD will be 10, so we'll probably forego buffets for awhile. Works out better to go to TS restaurants that offer more adult-like kids' meals (and allow them for preteens), like Cali Grill (DS loved the kids' salmon).
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #32
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
1) At one time, WDW had four divisions
. . . infant (under 3)
. . . child (3-12)
. . . junior (13-17)
. . . adult (18+)
2) This applied to ride/admission tickets and some meal prices.
3) They cut it back to the current infant, child, adult.
4) WDW said it was for simplicity.
5) But, it did more more "juniors" into the adult category for food/tickets.
6) I see no way they would go back.
Interesting! I did not know that! Do you know when this pricing was in effect? Just curious.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 02:07 AM   #33
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HppyCamprs View Post
My oldest son is 8 and he plays Hockey. He is slim but muscley and yes he can out eat me. Sometimes he even has a third helping at dinner. I cant speak for all boys in all situations but I can say that sometimes my son eats a lot. I can only assume he puts it into his hollow leg.

Now if we got onto paying for how much we actually eat at the buffets, my family usually does breakfast buffets and sometimes there is very very little on plate especially for my almost 4 year old. He definitely does not eat 10.00 worth of food but it is what it is and I knew the rules before I made the reservations.
My 8 y/o grandson can out eat me easily. He is not the least bit chunky. In fact, he is tall and slim. This kid just has a high metabolism and plays any sport that involves a ball and running. His dad is 6'2", about 190lbs and ate the same way when he was a kid. He was a bottomless pit almost from the time he was born, but never gained weight. On the other other hand my mom is 79 y/o and we are always fussing at her to eat more. She's 5'9", but like most older people, as she's gotten older, her sense of taste has deteriorated and she eats very, very little. There is no way she would ever 'get her money's worth' at a buffet. She lucky to eat a few bites at each meal. In fact, she eats alot less than my 8 y/o grandson and about the same as my other grandson who is 4 y/o. There are days the 4 y/o GS out eats her. Yet, at WDW we would only have to pay a child's price the 8 y/o, who is a bottomless pit, but would have to pay the adult price for the 79 y/o who wouldn't even eat a half a plate. The four y/o has a 16 y/o sister, who is a nibbler/grazer who never eats more than a few bites at a meal. The last time we went out, she ordered her favorite child's plate cheese enchilada meal and had some left over. She eats about the same amount as her 4 y/o brother and alot less than her 8 y/o cousin. I guess it all evens out in the end from Disney's view.

Last edited by aubriee; 02-20-2013 at 02:13 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: