Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
owl0306
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 432

Dessert Party

Just booked the Wishes dessert party as a surprise to my dh for Valentine's Day. It will be him, my baby and I. It says to be there at 9:15pm for the 10pm wishes show. I was wondering can I bring the baby's stroller in or do I have to stroller park it? Will they sing Happy Birthday to her as it is her first birthday the day prior?
owl0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
pl4bby
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 229

Anyone gone for their birthday ? I'm thinking about booking for my ds.
pl4bby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-15-2013, 12:24 AM   #3
butterfly71076
DIS Veteran
 
butterfly71076's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 1,212

Don't know about the singing, but, when we were there, we were told to put the stroller in stroller parking.
__________________
Me (38) DH (38) DS (7) Penny (7) Lola (2)
First trip Aug 1992 POR April 1995 ASSp June 1997 ASMu DH First Trip Oct 2004 CBR DS First Trip May 2009 ASMu May/June 2010 ASMo Nov 2011 SSR Dec 2012 SSR March 2013 ASMo July 2013 CSR Sept 2013 CSR March 2014 CBR June 2015 CSR
butterfly71076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:21 AM   #4
purple figment
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 8,059

I haven't been to the Dessert Party, but I know many people are celebrating their birthday at DW and I've never heard the servers sing HB in any of the restaurants so it's doubtful they'll do it at the Dessert Party.
__________________
Kim T
purple figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:48 AM   #5
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran
 
Missy13d69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl0306
Just booked the Wishes dessert party as a surprise to my dh for Valentine's Day. It will be him, my baby and I. It says to be there at 9:15pm for the 10pm wishes show. I was wondering can I bring the baby's stroller in or do I have to stroller park it? Will they sing Happy Birthday to her as it is her first birthday the day prior?
Just so you know, even though the time said 9:15, the party starts 1 hour before Wishes. If you wait and get there at 9:15, you will be showing up late.
__________________
Our First trip was 4/18 - 4/27 2013. Can't wait to go back! Hopefully in 2016.
Husband, Jeremy Me!, Melisa Mother, Barb Cordell, 9 Annabelle, 4 Nicholas, 2










Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #6
GeorgiaHoo
DIS Veteran
 
GeorgiaHoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy13d69 View Post
Just so you know, even though the time said 9:15, the party starts 1 hour before Wishes. If you wait and get there at 9:15, you will be showing up late.
Correct, but we plan on showing up about 30 minutes before the fireworks. There will be plenty of desserts left and it doesn't take that long to eat a few bites of dessert.
GeorgiaHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #7
TheShea's
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 225

I'm hoping this is on-toipic...how far in advance can you make Terrace Desert Party reservations? We're 178 days out from our WDW vacation and I've made all of our ADRs but the CM said that it was too early to make Desert Party reservations. I asked when I could and she said she wasn't sure.

Any help is most appreciated.
TheShea's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
jennyjones78
Earning My Ears
 
jennyjones78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Alma, AR
Posts: 44

I am 64 days away from our vacation and still waiting on an opening for this event in April.
__________________
jennyjones78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #9
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,269
DISboards Moderator

It's only booking through March right now.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #10
pl4bby
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 229

I hope I will like it. We did the pirates and pals and thought we would do this this time we go in a few weeks.
pl4bby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #11
runningjusme
DW addict in training
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaHoo View Post
Correct, but we plan on showing up about 30 minutes before the fireworks. There will be plenty of desserts left and it doesn't take that long to eat a few bites of dessert.
we were there in February and about 30 mins before the fireworks, they started running out of the "good stuff".
__________________
if you want to do it, get off your behind and DO IT....
my running blog

completed runs -

2008 Minnie Marathon 15K
2009 White Rock Half Marathon
2014 Princess Half
2014 RnR Dallas Half

planned runs
2014 - April - Big D Half, Lone Star Half
May - Plano 10 Miler, June - Wounded Warriors Half
August (UGH) Hottest Half, October - RnR STL Half
2015 January - DOPEY!!??
March - RnR Dallas Half
runningjusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #12
mousesf
Earning My Ears
 
mousesf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 45

The first time we went it was March 2012 - it was awesome! Tons of desserts to choose from, very relaxed and a wonderful view!

Then we went in November 2012 - they had added probably 20-30 tables and it was insane - people grabbing and running around like crazy. I had things spilled on me twice (a hot chocolate and a fruit tart thing). We were so disappointed. I am hoping they only did that because of it being around the holidays.

They will make you leave your stroller and there are not really "Servers" or anything to sing happy birthday- I know at Garden Grill and Liberty Tree we ordered a cake and they sang happy birthday then. But I have never had it happen other than when we ordered cakes!
__________________
mousesf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #13
owl0306
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousesf View Post
The first time we went it was March 2012 - it was awesome! Tons of desserts to choose from, very relaxed and a wonderful view!

Then we went in November 2012 - they had added probably 20-30 tables and it was insane - people grabbing and running around like crazy. I had things spilled on me twice (a hot chocolate and a fruit tart thing). We were so disappointed. I am hoping they only did that because of it being around the holidays.

They will make you leave your stroller and there are not really "Servers" or anything to sing happy birthday- I know at Garden Grill and Liberty Tree we ordered a cake and they sang happy birthday then. But I have never had it happen other than when we ordered cakes!
I am starting to rethink this as you are not the first bad review I have read. almost $60 for dessert and there may not be enough is making me second guess.
owl0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #14
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker and Fairly Good Sailing Master
 
TheRustyScupper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 15-min from WDW.
Posts: 19,937

I was wondering can I bring the baby's stroller in or do I have to stroller park it?
. . . no
. . . not enough room betwwen tables


Will they sing Happy Birthday to her as it is her first birthday the day prior?
. . . no
. . . they are usually too busy for individual favors
__________________
[/CENTER]
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #15
the little marla
you're not getting cold fins now? are ya!
 
the little marla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: [bayonne. new jersey]
Posts: 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl0306 View Post
Just booked the Wishes dessert party as a surprise to my dh for Valentine's Day. It will be him, my baby and I. It says to be there at 9:15pm for the 10pm wishes show. I was wondering can I bring the baby's stroller in or do I have to stroller park it? Will they sing Happy Birthday to her as it is her first birthday the day prior?
We have gone when there have been birthday's attached to our names (just in general) and we have never had anyone sing.. like a PP said they are extremely busy trying to seat people and ensure that everyone gets some food and the tables are clear.. there are also just a handful of castmembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShea's View Post
I'm hoping this is on-toipic...how far in advance can you make Terrace Desert Party reservations? We're 178 days out from our WDW vacation and I've made all of our ADRs but the CM said that it was too early to make Desert Party reservations. I asked when I could and she said she wasn't sure.

Any help is most appreciated.
it seems like you can book it a month prior.. the website can be annoying because instead of saying something like "you cannot book at this time" it makes it look like there is "no availability" and i believe the phone cm's see the same thing and assume its all booked up. def keep trying everyday or at least every other day... you never know, and it books up fast!

the Desert Party is well worth it in my opinion, just a relaxing atmosphere where you dont feel crazed to find the perfect spot or have to worry about someone else blocking your view, etc.
__________________
marla dan and little zoey

May 2013 Dining Report! June 2012 DDP Dining Report!

December '13 off site May '13 Pop/off site + 4nights Disney Dream June '12 Pop November '11 Disneyland for our honeymoon! May '11 4 nights on the Dream! + Poly!
August '10 Pop August '09 Pop/3 night Wonder Cruise! and ENGAGED IN DISNEY! 8.24.09! January '09 AS Movies
1986-2009 at least 1 trip per year, contemporary,pop,coronado springs, off site[/SIZE]
the little marla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.