Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

Thoughts on booking a resort for TOT 10 miler: book now? Possible military discount?

I will be running in the Tower of Terror 10 miler this fall! I have decided I definitely want to stay in a host resort and have narrowed it down to POFQ or BC. POFQ has the advantage of being MUCH lower in cost, but BC has the advantage of being within walking distance of HS and Epcot (while there, I would also like to go to the Food and wine festival)

So, I should definitely book soon--so that they don't run out of rooms? What happens if--between now and the race--they come out with a new "free dining" promotion or a new military promotion (I qualify for the military discount--but the current one expires a few days before the race).

FWIW, I think BC, YC, and BWI will all be about equal as far as great location, but I have stayed at YC and BWI before and would like try a different resort...if for some reason, I was able to book a better room/lower price at YC/BWI, I would be very willing to stay there instead. I think only YC and BC are considered "host resorts"--so do you think if, say...in early August they revealed an extension of the military discount or a free dining promotion...that BWI would be more likely to have rooms available for the military discount/dining promotion?

Oh, I am a 30 something woman, my traveling companion *may* be a 50 something year old woman (my aunt) but she has not confirmed with me yet--still so far away! Or my traveling companion *may* be one or both of my two older children (boys, will be 13 and 11 at that time)...or I may be all by myself...It's totally up in the air right now.

So what would you do in my position?
VAfamily1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfamily1998 View Post
I will be running in the Tower of Terror 10 miler this fall! I have decided I definitely want to stay in a host resort and have narrowed it down to POFQ or BC. POFQ has the advantage of being MUCH lower in cost, but BC has the advantage of being within walking distance of HS and Epcot (while there, I would also like to go to the Food and wine festival)

So, I should definitely book soon--so that they don't run out of rooms? What happens if--between now and the race--they come out with a new "free dining" promotion or a new military promotion (I qualify for the military discount--but the current one expires a few days before the race).

FWIW, I think BC, YC, and BWI will all be about equal as far as great location, but I have stayed at YC and BWI before and would like try a different resort...if for some reason, I was able to book a better room/lower price at YC/BWI, I would be very willing to stay there instead. I think only YC and BC are considered "host resorts"--so do you think if, say...in early August they revealed an extension of the military discount or a free dining promotion...that BWI would be more likely to have rooms available for the military discount/dining promotion?

Oh, I am a 30 something woman, my traveling companion *may* be a 50 something year old woman (my aunt) but she has not confirmed with me yet--still so far away! Or my traveling companion *may* be one or both of my two older children (boys, will be 13 and 11 at that time)...or I may be all by myself...It's totally up in the air right now.

So what would you do in my position?
It depends on your budget. Are you only willing to pay for BC with the military discount? If so, perhaps you should book POFQ for now and then switch later possibly if the military discount is renewed ( last year we didn't know until end of July).

What about AAA? Do you have that? You could book with that just to have SOME discount...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: