Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #31
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNYC View Post
Was this at a ticket window or at a turnstyle? Not sure how they can ask for a Florida ID at a turnstyle since part-year residents use an alternate form of proof-of-address when they get the ticket and may not have a Florida ID (or at least one that is standard wallet material).

Also - not sure the purpose of checking Florida ID at a turnstyle - you showed the ID when purchasing it and they have your finger scan. Not much possibility for fraud there.

Cheshire - any more specific info as to whether part-year residents need to keep a copy of a financial statement in their pocket every trip to a park?

(For the record, I've never been asked for ID entering a park other than when purchasing).
It was at the turnstile. The two men were obviously surprised and said they had never had to show ID there before, and the CM said something about it happening more frequently going forward for some reason. At that point I was done and going on my way with my annual pass, which I was not asked to show ID for.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #32
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDisneyKid View Post
Really??? why would a 3 or 4 day FL resident pass have a name on it? So I cant buy a 3 or 4 day ticket for friends that live in FL but far from the mouse and give them to them when they get in town? For that matter why dont they preprint any and all guests (FL or not) names on all tickets??
You can buy FL resident passes for your friends who are FL residents, as long as you do it online. You can then print vouchers for them. They will still have to be present to activate it, however, and show proof of residency.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #33
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

That's sounds insanely stupid to ask for a FL ID AFTER the tickets are bought. I understand the reasoning behind it for my Tables In Wonderland card since its not linked to my finger scan. But unless they were being used for the first time, you shouldn't need to show a FL ID for an AP or A ticket that is ALREADY ACTIVATED.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: