DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
cubfans
Mouseketeer

Help! 25th anniversary ideas?

My wife and I have celebrated our 10th, 15th and next year our 25th anniversary at WDW. I am not the most creative when it comes to romantic getaways, so I am asking for some ideas to make this a Magical vacation for the most wonderful wife, and mother of 3 that a man could ever dream of. She always puts herself second, so I would love to make her #1 for at least a few days. She deserves the best so don't hold back....especially you ladies. I have until June 2014 to prepare.
cubfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

We've also spent many anniversaries at WDW, including our 25th. Our 30th dinner at AP was totally magical. From our greeting by the manager, complimentary champagne, personalized menus-I'll never forget it. For our 25th, we went to a pick-a-pearl place. DH picked the oyster and I picked the ring setting. This was especially wonderful because I hadn't gotten an engagement ring, so this is it. Last year we got a custom anniversary cake-we had eloped, no wedding cake, so I loved this. And there are some real nice bouquets you can have delivered. I loved mine-a big bouquet of roses themed by Beauty and the Beast with a hidden mickey in it.

The cake we ordered-

Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Having a in room celebration is a nice touch from Disney Florist. A bit pricey but worth it for special celebrations.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

I love when my husband enthusiastically shops the Basin store in the Grand Floridian with me. We pick out several bath bombs, body scrubs, soaps, bath milk, etc ... then head back to the villa to enjoy them together!
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

DW and I have done our 15th, 20th, and 25th anniversaries on DCLs.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #6
Scoobydoo76
Mouseketeer

I am actually planning a 25th Anniversary surprise for our next WDW stay too. I wish my husband took the initiative, oh well. Your wife is a lucky lady to have you planning this far ahead and for thinking of her. After your anniversary is over just have her read your opening post, I am sure that will make her day! If you show it to her now you may even be able to save some $.

I hope no one minds that I copied and pasted the info from various websites.
Some possible activities to look into are…

Intimate Dining
The Disney parks offer a spectacular menu of luxurious experiences for couples and families. Among the less publicized is the opportunity to enjoy a spectacular meal in utter privacy at Walt Disney World’s flagship resort – the Grand Floridian. Labeled “Intimate Dining,” this experience offer guests a luxurious 5 course meal under the watchful eye of a private server. It also allows privacy and a potential view of both the water pageant and Magic Kingdom privacy…all from an intimate location hidden away from the bustle of most public venues.
http://www.yourhighwayinthesky.com/2...timate-dining/

Another possibility is to do a Disney Catered Event. I am looking into doing an Illuminations Dessert Party at UK Pub side.
“From one-of-a-kind Theme Park settings and unique entertainment venues to distinctive resort hotels, our world's a stage for your next event! With access to the resources of the world's premier entertainment company, no other destination offers more group event options than the Walt Disney World® Resort.
Whether you're planning a corporate event, awards banquet, holiday party, team-building program or an over-the-top celebration, our talented Cast will collaborate with you to customize an unforgettable private event that your guests will never forget.”
http://www.disneycateredgroupandconventions.com/

Since you are experienced WDW guests I am sure you are familiar with Victoria and Albert’s and all the other great specialty dining restaurants the world has to offer.

For our 20th Anniversary we reserved a MAGIC KINGDOM WISHES CRUISE (PREMIUM) 25' Tracker Pontoon. We had it decorated with a Happy Anniversary banner and balloons. We also had Disney catering provide Champaign and chocolate covered strawberries.
Up to 10 guests. Price includes pontoon boat, driver, water, soda, bagged snacks and audio feed of the fireworks music -Guests may order Private Dining to be delivered to the cruise. The sound from the fireworks show is provided on the boat.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/fireworks.htm

You can certainly find many ways to spend your money at WDW and they are happy to take it. However, I still think that watching the Electric Water Pageant followed by Wishes in a quiet location is one of the most romantic things to do. In my opinion a great spot is on the dock of the Grand Floridian with a bottle of wine or water. You also can’t beat the romantic atmosphere of strolling along the beach at the Polynesian with the Castle and fireworks in the backdrop.

Have fun with all the planning!
Scoobydoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #7
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

I love BLT - but other ladies in my family - (DM, DSIL) think that OKW is more romantic.

they don't necessary want to go to the parks ()

so what does your DW like to do?

walk
go to the parks
see the fireworks
swim

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:08 AM   #8
rmcildw2m
DIS Veteran

7 day cruise with disney its the best .
Old 02-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #9
cubfans
Mouseketeer

These are all great! Thanks so much. Unfortunately I don't think a cruise is going to work, but I love the idea of chartering a boat during wishes for a ride, dinner and drinks! I knew this was the right place to go for help. I would like to set up a surprise for every day we are there....probably 4 or 5 days.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #10
kiddisney
DIS Veteran

wow - these are great ideas - we're planning a group trip for 25th anniversaries for us & two other couples (we all got married in '88) - and the cruise & pub illuminations sound great - we're not going until later on in the summer or fall so i'll be watching to see reviews - thanks for the ideas

wdw: '83,'85-'86,'88-'89,'91-'93,'95,'97-'99,'02-'03, '05-'06, '08 -'14 (30 visits & counting - 10 trips in 13 months to visit dd: wdw imagineering intern & ds: wdw cp)
dl: '82,'87,'95
dcl: '98,'99,'00,'02,'03,'04 ... '11,'12,'14 (dbl dips gives us platinum)

kiddisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #11
monorailmom
DIS Veteran

We honeymooned at WDW, then were able to celebrate our 20th anniversary there on a trip for just the two of us. Looking forward to our 25th in a few years. Here are my thoughts:

-the boat cruises are fantastic, but don't overlook simple things like watching Wishes from the beach at either the GF or the Poly. We had a nice walk one day along the pathway between the two resorts, and I'll never forget it.

-how about a couples' massage at either the GF or SSR spas? Both of them will soon be the Senses spas from DCL, so you'd have access to the hottub, massage chairs, rain rooms...

-can you travel during the Food and Wine Festival? That's when we did our 20th trip. Strolling along, enjoying all the foods and wines, and then the concerts at night...doesn't get much better than that!!

Congratulations on your anniversary. I know that no matter what you pick, your wife will appreciate the thought you've put into it.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #12
bellazachmom
DIS Veteran

Grand I

If a fireworks cruise sounds like something you might like to try, I can HIGHLY reccommend the Grand I!

We booked it for a Wishes Fireworks Cruise for my 40th birthday and had cake and champagne served on board through Disney Dining. The cake was AMAZING and the night could not have been more magical.

Since we had kids in the group we opted for a fun dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe but for something a bit more romantic I think Artist Pointe would be a great choice. Or any restaurant on the monorail line which would get you to the Grand Floridian a bit easier - this is where you board the yacht.

Grand I gets THE primo spot for Wishes if it is booked, all the other boats have to scoot over for you. We were dead center on the castle and the music is piped in through the yacht's speakers.

The captain and crew were wonderful and made sure our night was one that I will never forget.

It was a bit pricey, but we only had to book it and pay for an hour. We were actually out closer to 2. We cruised the lagoon and also say the Electric Water Parade which was fun.

Let me know if you have any questions.

We are headed back to the World in October for my daughter's 10th birthday and she keeps talking about how she hopes her party will be on the "big boat", too! ~ it's always nice to have a dream

DGC in 2013 & 2011, BCV&BLT in 2010, VWL in 2009, SSR in 2008, VWL in 2007, OKW in 2006, OKW in 2004, HHI in 2004, VWL in 2003,
DisneyLand Paris in 2002, Beach Club in 2002, Beach Club in 2000, Beach Club in 1994 and Lots of Family Trips offsite from 1978 - 1993!
bellazachmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #13
cubfans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellazachmom
If a fireworks cruise sounds like something you might like to try, I can HIGHLY reccommend the Grand I!

We booked it for a Wishes Fireworks Cruise for my 40th birthday and had cake and champagne served on board through Disney Dining. The cake was AMAZING and the night could not have been more magical.

Since we had kids in the group we opted for a fun dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe but for something a bit more romantic I think Artist Pointe would be a great choice. Or any restaurant on the monorail line which would get you to the Grand Floridian a bit easier - this is where you board the yacht.

Grand I gets THE primo spot for Wishes if it is booked, all the other boats have to scoot over for you. We were dead center on the castle and the music is piped in through the yacht's speakers.

The captain and crew were wonderful and made sure our night was one that I will never forget.

It was a bit pricey, but we only had to book it and pay for an hour. We were actually out closer to 2. We cruised the lagoon and also say the Electric Water Parade which was fun.

Let me know if you have any questions.

We are headed back to the World in October for my daughter's 10th birthday and she keeps talking about how she hopes her party will be on the "big boat", too! ~ it's always nice to have a dream
Cool idea! This is something my wife would love! Definitely one I will look into. She is a sushi fan....maybe I could order from the California Grill and have it on board?
Old 02-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #14
Hollymom1229
Art's Girl
I ran, I hid, I laid low, and yet somehow they found me
YEAH TERPS!!!

DH and I celebrating our 10th anniversary this December. The special things we are doing or hope to do include staying at AKV-Club Level, doing the Sunrise Safari, having dinner at V&A's Chefs Table, and possibly doing an Illuminations cruise. Now if DH takes the initiative and has flowers or a care package of some type delivered to the room that would be wonderful.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:14 AM   #15
Mouseaholic!!!
DIS Veteran

An idea to begin the day.

Before you leave, pop into a Dollar Store or Wally World and head for Children's Toys. Buy a small box of Sidewalk Chalk to take.

Once you arrive, scout around for the right place to leave a message.

We were staying at BC and I left tiny messages all over.

For example, on the sidewalk below our balcony...

Happy first anniversary, Jim!

In random parking spaces in the lot.

Or how about.....along the edge of the sidewalk going over the hill to International Gateway...

Happy First Anniversary to my dear Boo Boo Binkey!

I had about 5 out-----even one on the drive TO the resort. They are gone with the first sprinkle of rain.
Mouseaholic!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: