Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #61
CaymanPrincess
Mouseketeer

Hi, I updated the list-- but am still in need of a few Cabin numbers - otherwise, we are all a go! Please check this board by Friday to print out the final rooms and make sure you have the correct room numbers..... THANKS!
CaymanPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #62
annakris1973
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I had a quick question....my daughter and I are looking at booking this cruise this week. Because of work, school and other travel plans, this has been a spur of the moment adventure! We are 90% certain we will book the cruise, but won't know for certain until Tuesday. Would it be ok if we participated in GIVING of the gifts? I understand that it is very late and I would not want anyone to go to any extra trouble to give us anything...especially since everything is up in the air.

A little about us:
Me: Deanna...mommy of 2, just turned 40 (groan), and I work as a NICU nurse.
Daughter: Bailey...18, just graduated high school, starting College in the fall. Loves all things pirate, Johnny Depp, Vampire Diaries, Iron Man, and anything Marvel related.
This will be our first Disney Cruise!

annakris1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #63
Pages
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakris1973 View Post
Hi everyone! I had a quick question....my daughter and I are looking at booking this cruise this week. Because of work, school and other travel plans, this has been a spur of the moment adventure! We are 90% certain we will book the cruise, but won't know for certain until Tuesday. Would it be ok if we participated in GIVING of the gifts? I understand that it is very late and I would not want anyone to go to any extra trouble to give us anything...especially since everything is up in the air.

A little about us:
Daughter: Bailey...18, just graduated high school, starting College in the fall. Loves all things pirate, Johnny Depp, Vampire Diaries, Iron Man, and anything Marvel related.

Hi! I will be happy to swap gifts with you. I am running behind as normal and have not finished our gifts yet. It will be no problem. I was doing a few extras anyway just in case. When you book, post your stateroom number and family info.
Pages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:52 PM   #64
Luvdashore
Earning My Ears

I have a special place in my heart for NICU nurses, so no problem for me to add you two! I made extras anyway!! Welcome aboard!
Luvdashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #65
CaymanPrincess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakris1973 View Post

A little about us:
Hi there, as we are a small group, I say WELCOME!
Would you please get me your cabin number, and I will put you into the list for our group.
I am still waiting on a few cabin numbers.
Thanks! Christina
Old 07-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #66
CaymanPrincess
Mouseketeer

[CaymanPrincess;48707700]
Monday July 1st - FE group posting....

Hello there, I just got back from sipping drinks with Mickey and had a brilliant time! I am still missing a few cabin numbers, waiting to hear back.
I have also added another cabin to our group. Here is the list.

DECK 6
Cabin #6084 ~ allergy alert: kiwi
Kristi & Brian
Matthew (11yr, son)
Andrew (7yr, son)
Gold Castaways!

Cabin #6580
Diane & Mike (mcmouse13)
Maggie (7yr, daughter) twins!
Sean (7yr, son) twins!

Cabin #6676
Micheal & Shae (Pages)
Annistyn (4yr, Daughter)

7th DECK
Cabin #7142
Sarah & Steve (Hitch)
Blake (5yr, son)
Makenna (2yr daughter)
1st Disney Cruise

Cabin #7558
Julie & Brian (PixieDust) celebrating 40th Birthday!
Elise (9yr, Daughter)
1st Disney Cruise

8th DECK
Cabin #8548
2 adults (Mushore35)
Daughter 3
Son 10 months
3rd Disney Cruise

Cabin #8580
Jessica & John (jpalumb) Celebrating 20th Wedding Anniversary!
Maeve (7yr old daughter)
3rd Cruise

9th Deck
Cabin #9017
Tanya & Duy (SunshineTK)
Nicho (8yr, son)
Sophie (5yr, daughter)

Cabin #9074
Lori & Dan ~ Allergy alert - sever nut allergy
Daniel (9yr, son)
Isabella (7yr, daughter)
both children celebrating birthdays
1st Disney Cruise

Cabin #9606
Coral & Kevin (Coraljoy)
Ryan (11yr, son)
Reilly (9yr, son)
1st Cruise

Cabin #9636
Christina ~ lead organizer for group (CaymanPrincess)
Gizella (65th Birthday & 1st Disney Cruise)
Gabriella (7.5yr daughter)
3rd Disney Cruise, going for the Gold!

Cabin #10004 (mdvasquez)
Dena & Michael
Ashley (22yr, daughter)
Emily (9yr, daughter) Allergy alert ~ gluten & milk & red dye/food coloring)
Platinum Cruisers

UNKNOWN ROOMS:
annakris1973 - Deanna. Bailey (18yr daughter). 1st Cruise.

To date, we have 14 Cabins playing the FE!

Thanks, Christina

Last edited by CaymanPrincess; 07-03-2013 at 12:19 AM. Reason: cabin number updates
Old 07-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #67
gailhoffmaster
Earning My Ears

Hello just found this sight & are interested in fish extender we r cruising dream July 11 with my hubby & 2 boys 14 & 8 also mother in law. And July 11 is my birthday. Is it to late to do this & is it a lot to pack?
gailhoffmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #68
jpalumb
Earning My Ears

Finally got our cabin :)

Yeah!! Finally got our cabin assignment today and I'm really happy

We'll be in 8580, in the middle of the boat near the elevators... very similar spot to where we were last year on the Fantasy, and we loved it!

~ Jessica
jpalumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #69
Hitch
Earning My Ears

Is it too late to join?

Hello, 1st Disney Line Cruiser, been twice before on another cruise line and the kids keep asking when can we go on another one. Surprising the kids with this trip, they have no idea. They just know we are going to the beach in Jacksonville for a couple of days prior.

Just stumbled onto this Fish Extender thing and wondering what exactly it was and if there was still room to join. Any insight is extremely welcome as I can only find limited information on the web.

Today we just received our room assignment. If it is too late I understand and no big deal, please stop by and say hello.

Thank you for any help and information.
Cabin: 7142
Steve & Sarah (1st Disney Cruise)
Blake (5yr, son)
Makenna (2yr, daughter)

Quick Question: Will be daughter be admitted into the Kids Club (Oceanear lab)? She will turn 3 in August and is fully potty trained. Thanks.
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:33 PM   #70
CaymanPrincess
Mouseketeer

Hi, the FE is when people post their cabins, names, indicate if they are adults or children and their ages.

Its almost like a secret Santa, you hang a fish extender on your door on the Cruise and everyone on the list sends delivers gift to each person in the state room. I've received many things, just as an example:
I've received bottles of wine, and a few little bottles of vodka, rum (I dont mind these types of gifts but some get offended with alcohol), I've had picture frames, sunglass holders, key chains, door magnets, cd's, cookies and candy's.

My daughter has received rulers, coloring pencils, beach toys, stuffed animals, stickers, autograph books, coloring books, crayons, googles, magnets, hair bows, braclets, vinylmation characters,etc.

Note for candy: 1 piece is fine, but find a need to limit sweets consumption for my child. Most adults throw away the candy - kids really dont need it, also given the amount of sugar they will consume on this trip. There is a 24hr soda machine as well as ice cream and donuts at breakfast. Unless its candy from somewhere overseas or something special, I ask that you refrain from giving candy. (Most parents toss it into the trash).

There are alot of people who are out there that make gifts specifically for the cruise. My problem is that I have CUT OFF this group last week on Thursday June 27th. I will be honest, as I did put another 2 into the group today which other group members seemed to be fine with, and now I have received 2 more requests to join the group. I run into the issue of having the others upset that I allowed more into the group as most are finishing up any projects that they are doing for the cruise or have gone out to buy items.

As you both seem new to this, here is a little explanation of how it works. If you are still interested in joining I need you to post:

CABIN number
Adult names
Childs name, age, gender
What number this Cruise is for you, 1st or 8th

I NEED YOUR INFO/CONFIRMATION BY TOMORROW EVENING at latest, as this group is CLOSED and there will be no more allowed to join this group as I may get a email from someone whom is not pleased. If I don't get a reply from you by tomorrow, I am sorry but will not be able to add you to the list.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:39 PM   #71
CaymanPrincess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Hello, 1st Disney Line Cruiser, been twice before on another cruise line and the kids keep asking when can we go on another one. Surprising the kids with this trip, they have no idea. They just know we are going to the beach in Jacksonville for a couple of days prior.

Just stumbled onto this Fish Extender thing and wondering what exactly it was and if there was still room to join. Any insight is extremely welcome as I can only find limited information on the web.

Today we just received our room assignment. If it is too late I understand and no big deal, please stop by and say hello.

Thank you for any help and information.
Cabin: 7142
Steve & Sarah (1st Disney Cruise)
Blake (5yr, son)
Makenna (2yr, daughter)

Quick Question: Will be daughter be admitted into the Kids Club (Oceanear lab)? She will turn 3 in August and is fully potty trained. Thanks.
Hi, I've added you to the list for the July 11th FE Group.

As for Kids Club, they stick to the age, so I doubt they will allow her into the Kids Club - this is for her safety, they do have a nursery that she can go to that has age appropriate toys as well as cribs. I took a tour last trip and thought it was very cute.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #72
CaymanPrincess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailhoffmaster View Post
Hello just found this sight & are interested in fish extender we r cruising dream July 11 with my hubby & 2 boys 14 & 8 also mother in law. And July 11 is my birthday. Is it to late to do this & is it a lot to pack?
please read postings so you can understand what the FE is, if you are interested, please post your Cabin number as well as all details in my previous post from this evening. If I don't hear from you by tomorrow evening with all details I wont be able to add you to the group as it closed last week Thursday.
Most FE families have already completed their gifts for this cruise and are traveling so I don't want to upset anyone.
If you have any questions, post them on this board as someone will respond to your questions. I tried to give as much information as possible, but am running on a tight schedule myself. Thanks
Old 07-02-2013, 06:28 AM   #73
coraljoy
Earning My Ears

Room assignment!

Our room is # 9606! So happy that we have our room assignment...now to wait a few more days for the cruise.

Can't wait to relax!

Coral

coraljoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #74
TinkGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coraljoy View Post
Our room is # 9606! So happy that we have our room assignment...now to wait a few more days for the cruise.

Can't wait to relax!

Coral

Almost time!

POR, DVC since 2005 (SSR, BWV, AKL, BCV, VWL, OKW, HH, BLT), Disney Dream, HR Universal, Gaylord Palms, 2015 Princess 10K
TinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #75
CaymanPrincess
Mouseketeer

Group is CLOSED

I've received a few emails, and have sent out all names as well as the final lists. We are still waiting on 1 person for their cabin number, their name is names have been on the list. I am aware that you are all wrapping up the final touches on your FE's. There are 2 new families that have been added last minute. There will not be any more added.

I will have a dry erase board on my door which I will use for communications. I will have a few spare lists in case someone looses it. If there isn't a FE hanging on a fish outside the door, the chances are they have changed rooms last minute. If you are one of those who change rooms last second, please write it on my board. I am located on the 9th deck, mid-front on starboard.

You can always text me via wave phone. Happy 4th of July. Safe travel!!!
Good night! Christina

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: