Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 11:18 PM   #1
AAmom
Earning My Ears

Can I do this???

Is it possible to buy a 7 day base ticket and use two of those days to go to different parks, rather than buy a park hopper? So I will only need 5 days, but a couple days I may want to park hop. For example, can I use day 1 ticket to go to MK in the morning, then another day's ticket to go to epcot in the evening? This will be cheaper than buying park hopper, but not sure if it is allowed.
AAmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:23 PM   #2
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAmom
Is it possible to buy a 7 day base ticket and use two of those days to go to different parks, rather than buy a park hopper? So I will only need 5 days, but a couple days I may want to park hop. For example, can I use day 1 ticket to go to MK in the morning, then another day's ticket to go to epcot in the evening? This will be cheaper than buying park hopper, but not sure if it is allowed.
No. You must add the park hopper option to visit more than one park per day.

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

noooo see I thought I could do that too but you cant....the tickets are per day...not per "occurances" if that makes sense....you will def have to buy a hopper to switch parks now mid day...they have it stitched up now that its the only way you can do it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
pktbMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #4
owl0306
Mouseketeer

nope disney is not stupid, they want you to pay for hoppers. you must buy a hopper or you can only do one park a day even if you have more days of tickets than you need.
owl0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #5
MichaelH
DIS Veteran/Disney Fan

I thought you could do this. I thought that the park hopper just allowed you to go to another park and not use another day off the ticket. I believe you could do this several years ago. This may have changed when they changed the tickets and the hopper became an option. Maybe someone could refresh my memory.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #6
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
I thought you could do this. I thought that the park hopper just allowed you to go to another park and not use another day off the ticket. I believe you could do this several years ago. This may have changed when they changed the tickets and the hopper became an option. Maybe someone could refresh my memory.
You have never been able to do this.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #7
jmartinez1895
DIS Veteran

The more days your buy on a ticket the cheaper your per day cost is. Disney is very savvy in this respect and knows that I would never add park hopper and pay more if all I had to was buy an extra day. If you try to use your ticket at another park it will be rejected and will alert the cast member regardless of how many days you have left.
Once upon a time I read of someone who would buy park tickets with there resort package and then if he wanted to visit another park that night he would buy a one day ticket at the park and then go in, but I think that doing that would cost more than adding hopping.
POR 2011
POR 2013
jmartinez1895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #8
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

When you buy a park pass you are buying actual days in the park. So if you use one day you can't use another until it is really another day.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:16 AM   #9
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
When you buy a park pass you are buying actual days in the park. So if you use one day you can't use another until it is really another day.
True and I like the way you explained it.

I also like the way CheshireFigment (the CM on here that sells tickets) explains it: He says the ticket machines from each park talk to each other. If you use your ticket that day at AK, then try to use it later that same day at Epcot, the Epcot machine will not unlock and let you in. On the CM's side it will say 'crossover not permitted' and let the CM know you've already used that ticket for that day and at what park. He then goes on to say that if you can convince the machine that it is now a different day, he will let you in, but since it's not, your only park option for that particular day is the park you originally entered earlier. You can not enter a different park.

Last edited by aubriee; 02-23-2013 at 01:21 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #10
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

Once you're there, can you add the PH option? Say on Day 3? If you can, would that be cheaper?

Food & Wine & No Kids ~ A 2nd Honeymoon

Zooshoveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #11
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooshoveller
Once you're there, can you add the PH option? Say on Day 3? If you can, would that be cheaper?
You can, but it's not any cheaper. Park hoppers are applied to your ticket for however many days you bought, whether you buy it in the first day or the last.

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:52 AM   #12
crashbb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecracker725 View Post
You can, but it's not any cheaper. Park hoppers are applied to your ticket for however many days you bought, whether you buy it in the first day or the last.
Also, the option is the same price whether your ticket is for 2 days or 10 days (the only exception is the 1 day ticket).
crashbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #13
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

A base ticket is one major (theme) park per day. You are allowed to re-enter the same park if you leave it on one day, but it can only be used at the one park.

Note that the ticket may state on it either "Not Valid For Park Hopping" or "One Theme Park Per Day". That should be a hint.

If you put the ticket in the turnstile of another park the display on the Guest side of the turnstile will be "ACCESS DENIED". The top line of the display on the Greeter side will give information about the ticket, and the second line of the display will say "CROSSOVER NOT PERMITTED". The turnstile will not unlock.

This is because Disney charges $10.00 per day over five days on a ticket, but charges $57 to allow hopping. It does not make economic sense for Disney to allow this.

If you actually have multiple tickets (more than one physical ticket per person) as opposed to multiple day tickets, you can use these tickets for multiple entries. But it makes absolutely no economic sense as a separate ticket costs a lot more than adding hopping to a ticket.

Or, as I have occasionally told Guests who were arguing with me about using a different day on the ticket: (note day of week stated can vary)

The turnstile computer thinks today is Friday. The turnstile computer at the other park also thinks today is Friday. The two turnstile computers talk to each other. If you can convince this turnstile computer that today is not the same Friday as the other computer thinks, it will let you in.

The cost to add hopping (or WPF&M) is $57 ($60.71 including tax) per ticket. It does not matter if it is adult or child, two days or ten days, first day of use or last day of use, the price is the same. (For a Florida Resident it is $28.50 plus tax.) (Note to add hopping to a one day ticket is $35 ($37.28 including tax).)

So if you are not sure, don't order them. If you find you do need them, then upgrade your tickets at any ticket window or Guest Relations Office. It only takes a minute or so.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: