Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
TwoCortWort
A Buckeye Disney Princess

Wolfgang Puck vs Earl

We were at DTD for dinner and were inline with a family that have eaten at both and said to skip Wolfgang. We checked out the express menu and found stuff we would both eat,but I can't imagine it being better than Earl after eating tonight.

What are your opinions on trying both or just keeping to the one?

TwoCortWort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
CammelleandBre
Mouseketeer

I haven't had a bad thing yet at WPE. I especially like the meatloaf sandwich, and the salmon is very good, but with the horseradish sauce added it was Ba-Bam. To quote Amy Duncan.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
HawkeyeFan
Earning My Ears

We have both of these QS down for our arrival night! Can't wait to see more responses.
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
dansamy
DIS Veteran

I've eaten at both & we liked them both.
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
ncc1701
Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW

If you want a sandwich go to EOS (altho I did have a great sandwich at WPE for lunch). However we go to WPE as they have a great selection of main dishes and pizzas. We live & work near a lot of great sandwich shops so EOS isn't anything special for us.

Last edited by ncc1701; 02-17-2013 at 10:12 PM.
ncc1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #6
6disneykids
Mouseketeer

It depends on if you are doing DDP or paying OOP. While EOS is less expensive if you are paying OOP, it is not one of my favorites. Now, WPE, is one of my family's favorites, and if you have DDP one of the best QS options.
On our last trip we ate there twice, DH loved it so much.
6disneykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #7
tb1972
DIS Veteran

I don't think they are similar at all. EOS is good for a quick, cheap sandwich. But WPE is one of my family's faves and has so much variety. Great salads, pizza, salmon, soups, dessert. We sometimes eat there twice per trip and never have had a bad meal. The only thing - it can be a little pricey though if paying OOP. EOS is very inexpensive.

tb1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #8
VikingInMouseEars
DIS Veteran

Like others, we like them both. But WPEs has become one of our favorite QS places for the whole of WDW and it is our favorite place to go for our first WDW meal of the trip. We will usually go a second time at some point of the trip also. The meatloaf dinner is awesome. I cover WPE in my food review, link in my signature.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:02 AM   #9
hotcarib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb1972
I don't think they are similar at all. EOS is good for a quick, cheap sandwich. But WPE is one of my family's faves and has so much variety. Great salads, pizza, salmon, soups, dessert. We sometimes eat there twice per trip and never have had a bad meal. The only thing - it can be a little pricey though if paying OOP. EOS is very inexpensive.
ITA,
EOS is fine for a quick meal or a to-go meal. WPE, offers foods that while they can be packed to go are really meant to be savored in the restaurant. Although I must say WPE does not offer much in the way of ambience; which really doesn't matter since the food is so good!

hotcarib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:02 AM   #10
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

You can't go wrong with either...they are completely different so it's hard to make a comparison. WPE has more sit-down type food and while you order at the counter, they bring it to your table. We enjoyed the meal that we had there...the quality ranked right up there with some of our Disney table service meals. The EOS has really good sandwiches...fancy, out of the ordinary sandwiches...but it is still a sandwich. We love to eat there and my kids would pick EOS over WPE any day. It has become our first day tradition, but the restaurant can be a little chaotic and extremely busy. It really depends on what you are looking for...but I can say that you will get a good meal at either.
Spring Break Trip 2011
Thanksgiving 2008
Thanksgiving 2007
*October 2006...Keys to the Kingdom
Keys to the Kingdom TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&page=1&pp=15

*Thanksgiving 2005
*February 2004
minnierocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:09 AM   #11
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

WPE is the best quick service in DW in my opinion and it will give you the best bang for your buck if you are on the dining plan.

E of S is good and cheap. it's always packed in there because of the prices. if I didn't use the dining plan I would eat there more. But although it's good, it's just a sandwich.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #12
Hunnypaw
Encinitas, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnierocks View Post
You can't go wrong with either...they are completely different so it's hard to make a comparison. WPE has more sit-down type food and while you order at the counter, they bring it to your table. We enjoyed the meal that we had there...the quality ranked right up there with some of our Disney table service meals. The EOS has really good sandwiches...fancy, out of the ordinary sandwiches...but it is still a sandwich. We love to eat there and my kids would pick EOS over WPE any day. It has become our first day tradition, but the restaurant can be a little chaotic and extremely busy. It really depends on what you are looking for...but I can say that you will get a good meal at either.
concur

DIS Dad Club Member #623
Me , DW , DD
________
Nikon D200 | Nikkor 80-200 | Sigma 15mm f-eye
Hunnypaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #13
ukool
Mouseketeer

We had a really good breakfast at WGP and also loved Earl as we took our food out and had it back at the hotel for a late night snack. Would defo try both again.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #14
MisWal
Mouseketeer

I don't think they are really comparable as they offer fairly different menus. If you've already had EoS, try WP next time! I would go to WP for the creme brulee alone! *drool*
Nov 2014- Royal Pacific Resort

MisWal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #15
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

OOP EOS is inexpensive for what you get. OOP WPE may seem to be more expensive, but as others have said the food is on par with sit down quality and that quality requires a higher price point. I like both for different reasons and those who are on the DDP will find considerable perceived value from WPE as opposed to EOS. As always though it is about what you like to eat and what will bring you the most pleasure spending your money on!

Last edited by patsal; 02-18-2013 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Spelling...yikes!
patsal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: