Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #61
zoo2tycoon
DIS Veteran

Docs---glad they left! If you don't like water don't go on the show.
Newlyweds---don't like them

The rest are all ok---no favs yet
zoo2tycoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #62
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo2tycoon View Post
Docs---glad they left! If you don't like water don't go on the show
It sure wouldn't be as interesting to watch and instead of real people it would be just be a stunt show with stunt people.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #63
Kimberle
WL Vet

So sorry to see the Doctors go. To bad they didn't switch tasks earlier. The newlywed's have GOT to GO.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #64
dahirsh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Lizer View Post
I really wanted to slap the twin doctors upside the head. Why not try the other task if you would not snorkel, for goodness sake?!? For that bit of frustration alone, I am glad they lost the leg and are out.
Thank You. I think they should be embarrassed for themselves. How quickly was one of them urging the other to quit and take the penalty?

April 1978 Offsite April 1979 Offsite Dec 1999/Jan 2000 All Star Movies May 2002 All Star Sports Oct 2003 All Star Movies June 2006 All Star Sports
October 2007 Pop Century January 2009 Pop Century October 2011 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century October 2013 Pop Century
dahirsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #65
FayeW
DIS Veteran

As a Canadian, I'm hardwired to root for the hockey players. Joke aside, I think they are pretty funny and seem to have a great relationship.
FayeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #66
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

So far the Roller Derby Moms and the Hockey guys are my favorite.

I could have seen any of the bottom 3 go and be happy. The twins whined a lot. And I don't understand why if you're going on the Amazing Race and you don't know how to swim/are afraid of the water, you don't go out and get some swim lessons!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #67
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
And I don't understand why if you're going on the Amazing Race and you don't know how to swim/are afraid of the water, you don't go out and get some swim lessons!
Exactly!! I would want to find a local pool and spend a lot of time there getting used to swimming, being underwater, snorkeling, etc.

And when the doctors were only bringing one clam at a time up to the boat to check it, oh my gosh!! Common sense guys! That just proves my point that well educated people don't always have much in the common sense department. I was sorry to see them go though, I did like them.

I hope the father and son can continue the race. I don't know yet which team I'm really cheering for, but I do know it's NOT the newlyweds. Can't stand her, she is just a complete....can't say it here.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #68
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

Moving over from the spoiler thread. So far, the hockey players and roller derby moms are my favorites.

Was glad to see the doctors go, just because they didn't bother to learn to swim.....really, did they learn nothing from the "twinnies" last season?!? Practice, people.

Team You-tube & the country girls & mullet man don't bother me & I enjoy watching them. I do NOT enjoy the newlyweds or the team with the 2 express passes. (Both is more the male than female bothering me at this point!)

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:19 AM   #69
Kimberle
WL Vet

New Zeland is beautiful! That water was so blue. I don't think the Dad/Son team is going to last long with the boot on his foot. If I were him, I'd want to get back home to see a US doctor.

I like the double legs. They haven't done one in a while.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #70
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

I know the Dad/SOn team wanted to be first but I think they bailed on fishing too soon. If there was even a hint of staying in the race I would have save the Express Pass for a harder task. I am not sure if they will continue
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Aug 2014 DVC DCA
Mkrop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #71
I loveStitchnippyjon
DIS Veteran

I can't believe Dad/son are considering quitting now. Unless he is in terrible pain, why not continue until they come up against a task that is just impossible? For all they know the next one might be an eating or a puzzle task...
I loveStitchnippyjon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #72
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

At first I was yelling at the father/son team to keep trying the fishing - they had some time yet.

But, by using the express pass, they were able to come in first and won a trip to Bangkok. Not too shabby. They KNOW they won't be able to finish the race so they might as well get one prize. IMHO, they might as well try the next part of the leg. If it proves too difficult or just impossible, they can then hang it up at that point. But dad does need to get proper care for that tear before he does irreparable damage to his leg. Fine line there.

I must admit, it was genius for the team with the 2 express passes to give it to the father/son team. 1 - they fulfill their end of the bargain with the alliance but, more importantly, 2 - they get rid of it to a team with no chance of being a long-term threat to winning the race.

Mullet man's wife after she threw the fish back in...

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #73
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post
At first I was yelling at the father/son team to keep trying the fishing - they had some time yet.

But, by using the express pass, they were able to come in first and won a trip to Bangkok. Not too shabby. They KNOW they won't be able to finish the race so they might as well get one prize. IMHO, they might as well try the next part of the leg. If it proves too difficult or just impossible, they can then hang it up at that point. But dad does need to get proper care for that tear before he does irreparable damage to his leg. Fine line there.

I must admit, it was genius for the team with the 2 express passes to give it to the father/son team. 1 - they fulfill their end of the bargain with the alliance but, more importantly, 2 - they get rid of it to a team with no chance of being a long-term threat to winning the race.

Totally agree. Now the express pass is gone so they don't have to worry about later on down the road and get beat out because of it.

Dad did well with the crutches, must have used them before or had this problem before to know exactly what it was.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #74
soccerdad72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post

Agree with you on all counts. I definitely got the feeling that the father-son team was happy enough to win a stage and a prize and if that's it, they were ok with that.
soccerdad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #75
robinb
DIS Veteran

I think it was very smart to give the father/son team the pass and for them to use it. I'm so happy they got a trip out of it .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: