Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #31
wowsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisReno View Post
I think the newlywed couple are very different. Something is up with them, I don't know, she seemed like a b**** on wheels, and he seemed well, gay, which is fine, but they were different.
Honestly, I thought he was gay, too. They certainly don't look like they would be a couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasywtch View Post
You know, I thought the newlyweds didn't make a good pair for some reason. They didn't seem all that romantic toward each other for just being married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolita3 View Post
The guy with the mullet, his hair reminded me of ramen noodles
Now I want ramen!!
wowsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #32
nicolita3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowsmom View Post

Now I want ramen!!
lol Yesterday was the 5th day of this liquid diet that I had to do (medical issue stuff ) I think I must have been starving because that was the first thing I thought of when I saw his hair.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #33
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
The guy with the mullet, his hair reminded me of ramen noodles
Why would you want to look like "Wierd Al Jankovich"
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #34
wowsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
lol Yesterday was the 5th day of this liquid diet that I had to do (medical issue stuff ) I think I must have been starving because that was the first thing I thought of when I saw his hair.
Hope your medical issues resolve themselves.

I haven't eaten ramen in years and years but every once in a while, I think about how much I used to like it. I think it brings back good memories of my best friend - she made it better than anyone.
wowsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #35
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Okay, I hope I don't get flamed for this, but I felt slightly off about the father/son who both had cancer. When the father was talking about his son's cancer, he said the cancer was in "intermission". Well, anyone who has ever been through cancer knows the word is "remission" and that jumped out at me.

I'm sure they're genuine, but still, it caught my attention.

I think the newlywed couple are very different. Something is up with them, I don't know, she seemed like a b**** on wheels, and he seemed well, gay, which is fine, but they were different.

I loved the doctors and no one else stands out yet.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one to catch that "intermission" thing. Huge red flag went up immediately - I've never had cancer but even I know how immensely important that word "remission" is! But now, thinking about it, I wonder if it's an inside joke/levity thing for them. Could maybe a young member of the family used intermission instead of remission and it just kind of took on a life of its own? I know I've done that - bananas were called mundies years ago when my toddler cousin couldn't say banana correctly. We called them mundies for years. <-- dancing mundy!

So far, my favorites are the doctors and, quite surprisingly, Team Mullet. Team YouTube and the newleyweds are pretty far down my list.

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (17); Bear (6); Cosmo (6? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #36
EMAW_KSU
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That was my first thought also.
EMAW_KSU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #37
daughtersrus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAW_KSU View Post
That was my first thought also.
And they said that in real life, they have no friends.

I wonder if anyone was at their wedding
daughtersrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #38
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Moving over here from the Spolier thread.
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #39
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Everyone must have watched the Oscars last night , no comments?

Sorry to see the doctors go. They should have switched detours much sooner.

Wished that the other two teams would have been penalized more for not finishing the last task and ending up only an hour and a half behind the other teams instead of 4 hours.

Wonder what is going to happen with the father of the one team now. By the previews he won't be able to race unless he does it on crutches.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #40
It'sWDW4me
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAB View Post
Everyone must have watched the Oscars last night , no comments?

Sorry to see the doctors go. They should have switched detours much sooner.

Wished that the other two teams would have been penalized more for not finishing the last task and ending up only an hour and a half behind the other teams instead of 4 hours.

Wonder what is going to happen with the father of the one team now. By the previews he won't be able to race unless he does it on crutches.
I was sad to see the doctors go home, too. Glad that they persevered and switched tasks but, yes, they should have done that MUCH earlier!

I'm REALLY getting annoyed with the newlyweds now. Dear lord are they major jerks! "They won't hesitate to throw us under the bus so we're gonna screw them over first" mentality. Ummmm, just because that's how YOU are doesn't mean that everyone is like that. With that attitude, it's no wonder they have no friends.

Hopefully the dad's hamstring will be fine with some ice and a wrap. We'll see. I'm more and more impressed with Mullet Man. His wife is starting to annoy me, though - whine, whine, whine.

WDW Commando Member #120

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #41
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Yes Mullet man's wife is slowing him down. Thought it was funny when she said he works at Walmart and runs around the store all day so he is in shape.

The newlyweds have to go ....still don't really have a team I'm cheering for though.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #42
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post
I was sad to see the doctors go home, too.

Hopefully the dad's hamstring will be fine with some ice and a wrap. We'll see.

I'm more and more impressed with Mullet Man. His wife is starting to annoy me, though - whine, whine, whine.
So sad to see the doctors go. I don't think we will be seeing the father and son compete next show. And I am too, impressed with Mullet Man. I did feel sorry for her when he pulled her back on to the boat - it wasn't a very flattering picture.

Last edited by travelbug24; 02-25-2013 at 10:02 AM.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #43
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

The doctors seemed like nice guys, but they got a major stroke of bad luck with the water challenges being this early in the game.

Does the one hockey guy always have to joke/make comments about his missing teeth (and flip the fakes ones out)? We get it, already.

Sounds like a fairly serious injury with the dad on the father/son team. A torn muscle on your achilles tendon -- ouch! I wonder what will happen with that.

I like the roller derby moms -- the two blonde girls don't bug me too much either. The team that came in first last week seems alright, too. And the mullet guy . . . I like him for some reason. His wife will drag him way down at some point, but I think they'll get pretty far in the race. I'm still hating the newlyweds, but in a weird way, I want them to continue -- it's always fun to have an enemy to root against.
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #44
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
I wondered about them knocking over a few castles at a time and then rebuilding, but I am guessing that the instructions were clear on there Road Block-one castle at a time.
I started to wonder why they didn't work together to mark the castles they had already checked.
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #45
It'sWDW4me
HOLD THE PHONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
The doctors seemed like nice guys, but they got a major stroke of bad luck with the water challenges being this early in the game.

DS kept saying "Did they ever even WATCH TAR?!?! There's always something with water!" The doctors were his favorite team.

Does the one hockey guy always have to joke/make comments about his missing teeth (and flip the fakes ones out)? We get it, already.

Yup, getting old now.

Sounds like a fairly serious injury with the dad on the father/son team. A torn muscle on your achilles tendon -- ouch! I wonder what will happen with that.

I like the roller derby moms -- the two blonde girls don't bug me too much either. The team that came in first last week seems alright, too. And the mullet guy . . . I like him for some reason. His wife will drag him way down at some point, but I think they'll get pretty far in the race. I'm still hating the newlyweds, but in a weird way, I want them to continue -- it's always fun to have an enemy to root against.
Ya know, I keep forgetting about the roller derby moms - I like them too. I LOVED how they were so happy and thrilled with the underwater dining task. They were almost giddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
but in a weird way, I want them to continue -- it's always fun to have an enemy to root against.

WDW Commando Member #120

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: