Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #16
BriarfoxinWA
DIS Veteran

I was sorry to see the firefighters go! I think the snobby couple will probably stay in for a while but I can't stand them - guess it makes for good TV though...
Old 02-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #17
Debbie
DIScovering DIS magic
WISHing my way to success!
Thought processes working overboard!
We have YOUR date so book it up!

Thanks for starting the non-spoiler thread. I don't mind teeny spoilers, but I don't want to know the ending before we start.

Beautiful pictures of Bora Bora! Gorgeous!

Agree with for Dad/son, 'delivery guys' (too bad they couldn't keep a straight face on that one!), roller derby moms, even the country singers and the hockey players.

The married couple can go.

I am reserving my call on the youtube pair. I watched AR China Rush, and my first response to a similar pair was negative, and in the end, I was rooting for them.

Mullet man reminds me of a little guy I taught a few years back. Odd, but I adored him. I guess I'll wait an episode or two, on that pair as well.

I wondered about them knocking over a few castles at a time and then rebuilding, but I am guessing that the instructions were clear on there Road Block-one castle at a time.

šoš Lovin' the mouse from my Canadian house! šoš

offsite-'85
CBR-'90FWHomes-'94FWHomes-'97HIFS/BC-'99Dixie Landings-Jan. '00 (just the parents)HIFS/Dixie Landings-Aug.'00ASMu '01Courtyard by Marriott DTD '02Courtyard by Marriott DTD/Coronado Springs '03Wilderness Lodge-Marathon Weekend '05POP with youngest sister '05POP with FREE DINING '06ASMu with DH '07POP with youngest daughter '0825th anniversary trip at Poly '09POR (still Dixie in my heart) with DH '121 night Kidani Village before 7 night Disney Fantasy Cruise '13
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #18
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Kimberle - your pictures are amazingly beautiful.

I liked the one-lines too. Was it the twins who said "shut up" is our code word for I love you. And, the hockey players, I think said, we know each other so well we finish each other's............sandwiches.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #19
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Can I join the non-spoiler thread too? I love hearing other people's opinions about the Race!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #20
Kimberle
WL Vet

This thread is open to everyone! All are welcome.

Thanks for the nice words on my photos. Bora Bora is so beautiful.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #21
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

I was so excited when the race started last night. I was rooting for the Firefighters so of course they were the first ones off. I dislike the newlyweds and the youtube pair. I haven't decided who will be my new favorite.

My Blog: Have Budget Will Travel

Riles_and_Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #22
robinb
DIS Veteran

Spoiler free is the place for me! I need to watch the show on my DVR because I forgot that it was starting .
Old 02-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #23
soccerdad72
DIS Veteran

Pretty good first episode, I thought.

Any leg of the race that gives all teams a reasonable opportunity to pass up others is a good one, IMO. The ones that have been driving me nuts in recent seasons are the ones that are set up in such a way that those in front can pretty easily stay in front.
soccerdad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #24
ShirikiUtundu
Mouseketeer

I just don't understand why the firefighters, when realizing they couldn't catch up to the other two teams in the canoe, didn't paddle back and try to finish the sandcastle clue. 4 hours is a lot of time and they just seemed to give up because of their "word." Yeah right! But, I guess if you are that dumb you deserve to go home.
ShirikiUtundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #25
EMAW_KSU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirikiUtundu View Post
I just don't understand why the firefighters, when realizing they couldn't catch up to the other two teams in the canoe, didn't paddle back and try to finish the sandcastle clue. 4 hours is a lot of time and they just seemed to give up because of their "word." Yeah right! But, I guess if you are that dumb you deserve to go home.

I would assume that was not an option. Once you take the clue/penelty there is no going back to change your mind.
EMAW_KSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #26
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

I wonder how long those teams were out there digging before they decided to take the penalty. I'm not sure it was a wise decision - seems like it would take less than 4 hours to find a clue.

I can't stand that "newly married" couple - what a pair of snobs! No one else stood out as being initially unlikeable to me, but we'll see as they get a bit more stressed out and tired!

Had to wonder about the father/son team, when he said he'd had testicular cancer and was a cyclist. With all that's come out with Lance Armstrong and the connection between ped's and that particular cancer, I have to wonder...

The twin doctors seem very likable, but don't really impress me as a strong team. It's going to be interesting to see how this season shakes out!
RunningGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #27
DisReno
Mouseketeer

Okay, I hope I don't get flamed for this, but I felt slightly off about the father/son who both had cancer. When the father was talking about his son's cancer, he said the cancer was in "intermission". Well, anyone who has ever been through cancer knows the word is "remission" and that jumped out at me.

I'm sure they're genuine, but still, it caught my attention.

I think the newlywed couple are very different. Something is up with them, I don't know, she seemed like a b**** on wheels, and he seemed well, gay, which is fine, but they were different.

I loved the doctors and no one else stands out yet.
DisReno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #28
sasywtch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisReno View Post
Okay, I hope I don't get flamed for this, but I felt slightly off about the father/son who both had cancer. When the father was talking about his son's cancer, he said the cancer was in "intermission". Well, anyone who has ever been through cancer knows the word is "remission" and that jumped out at me.

I'm sure they're genuine, but still, it caught my attention.

I think the newlywed couple are very different. Something is up with them, I don't know, she seemed like a b**** on wheels, and he seemed well, gay, which is fine, but they were different.

I loved the doctors and no one else stands out yet.
You know, I thought the newlyweds didn't make a good pair for some reason. They didn't seem all that romantic toward each other for just being married.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #29
Disneyluvr
DIS Veteran

I knew as soon as the firefighters started saying how good they were at canoeing and this was in the bag for them that they were the ones to go home! I don't have a favorite yet, but the newly weds are the only team I dislike at the moment
Disneyluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #30
nicolita3
DIS Veteran

The guy with the mullet, his hair reminded me of ramen noodles

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: