Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
CJJenkins
I say Captain, do you hear something?

What's new? What's different?

So our last trip was last Aug-Sep... And from the day we got back, I literally refused to think about Disney for several months. I didn't look at the Dis Boards. I didn't listen to Sorcerer Radio. I don't know why, but when I leave, it makes me too sad to still think about Disney right away except for looking at pics from the trip... Anyway, I finally started listening to Sorcerer Radio about a month ago, and decided it was time to start planning our next trip since it's getting close to the 180 magic number. I'll be doing a lot of reading on stuff to catch up on what has changed over the last 6 months. But i figured I would ask you guys also. I know the obvious big changes like New Fantasy Land. But what else has changed that would affect our trip? Examples of what I mean are the fact that EMH went down from 3 to 2 hours. Or that the Main Street Bakery and Fountain View Ice-cream were gonna change to Starbucks... Please help me catch up! Thanks!

CJJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
UpstateMick
Mouseketeer

Here now on our annual Presidents week trip. The most changes I have noticed are: new RFID cards to get into parks, having a pin # on our room card for purchases and DDP, very helpful CMs, Dumbo not connected to FP system, very, very crowded...like crazy...you have to rope drop, bus system seems to be faster, photo pass + is well worth the price, Chef Mickeys food is just as bad as you remember
UpstateMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #3
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

Well, they are strictly enforcing the FP return times. Not sure if that's new since your last visit.

We were there in Feb. 2012 and Jan. 2013 so I'm now wracking my brain to think of things that are new. They have RFID technology now, but we got AP's so we couldn't use those entrances. Not sure what kind of ticket you will have, but if your admission is on your KTTW card you can use RFID entrance. It's pretty cool.

New Fantasyland is very nicely themed. Ariel ride was totally forgettable, except for the queu area, which I enjoyed. I played with the video crabs and that was fun. Cannot remember a single thing about the actual ride, though. We ate at Be Our Guest for lunch, and although the line looked formidable, it moved very quickly. I would not bother with dinner there but others like it. It's a been-there/ done-that kind of thing now. The circus freaks me out so we spent very little time at Storybook Circus, except for riding Dumbo. We're old but it was new, so we did it. Twice because there was no line (early on EMH day).

Many here have complained about huge standby and FP lines (due to limited rolling out of FP+ system) but we did not notice any difference at all from last year's trip. We also did not have any ride breakdowns. We didn't get offered FP+ and if I had not read about it on these boards, I would never have known it was happening.

If I think of anything else, I'll post again.

Edited to add: I agree with the PP, the crowds were MUCH higher this year than last. But still totally do-able if you're savvy about morning EMH, use of FP's, crowd calendars, etc.
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: