Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #31
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismyusername View Post
This afternoon, I was invited to stay with friends at Disney later this year, so now I'm planning to change my ticket (just mine--not my whole family's) to an AP and getting the TIW card. Perhaps it just makes sense at this point to ditch the dining plan (I already did the math--the savings would be higher with the TIW card vs. the dining plan) and add the tickets onto the first two days of the reservation at POR and convert the original reservation to a room-only... Do you think that makes the most sense rather than get possibly stuck without tickets for 2 days?
Good move....We did the same thing this past August & I was skeptical, but it just makes sense...

Eat or drink what u want when u want...BOOM 20% off.
I was down there for 11 nights though plus I'm returning this april so it really made sense in my case...Not sure how long you're going for though?

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #32
thisismyusername
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDaD7

Good move....We did the same thing this past August & I was skeptical, but it just makes sense...

Eat or drink what u want when u want...BOOM 20% off.
I was down there for 11 nights though plus I'm returning this april so it really made sense in my case...Not sure how long you're going for though?
11 days/10 nights for us and a return for four days later this year. The AP makes sense. I just hope my TA doesn't strangle me.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #33
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This afternoon, I was invited to stay with friends at Disney later this year, so now I'm planning to change my ticket (just mine--not my whole family's) to an AP and getting the TIW card. Perhaps it just makes sense at this point to ditch the dining plan (I already did the math--the savings would be higher with the TIW card vs. the dining plan) and add the tickets onto the first two days of the reservation at POR and convert the original reservation to a room-only... Do you think that makes the most sense rather than get possibly stuck without tickets for 2 days?
I much prefer using TiW card vs DDP. I like ordering exactly what I want rather than what DDP covers. I think you'll be able to use TiW card at POR food court. It is good at POFQ because they don't have a TS but folks have often reported being able to use it at POR too.

Will you buy a premium AP so you can go to water parks?
Old 02-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #34
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie View Post
You can pick up your tickets up to 3 days in advance of the package start date- so you *could* add two park days and do parks.

Likewise you could pick up your tickets early and do the waterparks and DisneyQuest
We've done this before and it worked great. Adding a couple of days onto tickets generally doesn't cost too much. Although the waterpark idea is great, too!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #35
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
11 days/10 nights for us and a return for four days later this year. The AP makes sense. I just hope my TA doesn't strangle me.
Love the user name And we are thinking of doing the same, have a 13 day already booked for may, with 10 day hoppers, which means 3 no park days, thinking maybe just switch to APs, and book a BB while we are there.

We were going to wait to do a Chrismas trip 2014 ... obv at Rack rate like Dec 27 - Jan 7 or something ... ugh this is tough. If we do the BB on APs we wont go again in Dec ...
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #36
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

Switch to AP's. You will thank yourself over & over again.

Then you'll get hooked on AP's & want one every year.

Then you'll realize the savings you will get in the resort room price because you have an AP.

Then you will be able to go twice a year!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #37
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Pluto View Post

Then you'll realize the savings you will get in the resort room price because you have an AP.

Buahahaha love it ....
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #38
thisismyusername
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post

Ugh. That's the question, right? It's a $125 upgrade to PAP; admission for one adult to the water park is $52, so I'd have to go to the water park 2.5 times for it to pay for itself.... Right now, I'm thinking it might be prudent to just pay for my admission separately and if the kids decide they like the water parks a lot and want to go back to them a lot, upgrade the AP to a PAP? Is that possible? Or, is it possible *before I leave the water park* to apply that day's admission to a water park AP (which is actually cheaper than a PAP)?
thisismyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #39
thisismyusername
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Pluto View Post

Ha! I don't need to be tempted to go twice a year!
thisismyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #40
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Hahaha AP's = More n More trips..LoL

If I wasn't trying to go to Disneyland next year I would've bought PAP's before Dec. 31 last yr. but knowing that I'm going to be there in 7 weeks and not having to pay for park passes is a plus....I'll just have to do it all over again in Nov. 2014 and return again in 2015 to keep making it worth it.. Hopefully they run a similar type deal for DVC owners like the one they just ran..

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #41
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have an AP and got TIW. I will have 2 trips on it, and I think it is good. I also think that the dining plan is not worth it! The only advantage I see is that you pay in advance for all your meals, so you don't have a big credit card surprise when you get home. You could do this on your own and set aside your food budget $ on a debit card or cash to use exclusively when on vacation. I also think you eat better when you are not on the DDP, and it is just easier on the travel mind - less calculating how many entitlements you have left. We used the DDP 2x when it first came out and it was a good deal. Disney has smartened up and made it more profitable for them.
Have a great trip!

October 1974, May and November 1985, August 1992, Offsite, August 1998 CSR, August 2003 GF Sugarloaf, August 2004 YC CL, August and November 2005 BWI CL and ASMu, August 2006 AKL, August 2007 WL, February 2008 YC, August 2008 [COLOR="red"]POP[/COLOR], July 2009 GF, Feb 2010 BC CL Feb 2011 BWI, Aug 2011 POP, Feb 2012 PORS, Aug 2012 PORS, April 2013 AoA and PORS, July 2013 ASSp, August 2013 DLH, Dec 2013 CBR, Feb 2014 PORS, July 2014 AKL August 2014, ASSp Nov 2014 POFQ, The teen is now in Law school, the toddler is in High school, but my username remains the same! (and I haven't aged)
teentoddlermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #42
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
I much prefer using TiW card vs DDP. I like ordering exactly what I want rather than what DDP covers. I think you'll be able to use TiW card at POR food court. It is good at POFQ because they don't have a TS but folks have often reported being able to use it at POR too.

Was not able to use TIW at POR food court in August.
POR is a great resort- we loved it! So pretty!

October 1974, May and November 1985, August 1992, Offsite, August 1998 CSR, August 2003 GF Sugarloaf, August 2004 YC CL, August and November 2005 BWI CL and ASMu, August 2006 AKL, August 2007 WL, February 2008 YC, August 2008 [COLOR="red"]POP[/COLOR], July 2009 GF, Feb 2010 BC CL Feb 2011 BWI, Aug 2011 POP, Feb 2012 PORS, Aug 2012 PORS, April 2013 AoA and PORS, July 2013 ASSp, August 2013 DLH, Dec 2013 CBR, Feb 2014 PORS, July 2014 AKL August 2014, ASSp Nov 2014 POFQ, The teen is now in Law school, the toddler is in High school, but my username remains the same! (and I haven't aged)
Old 02-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #43
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran

Question

Would your TA be annoyed if you ditched the package completely? Buy your AP, check out AP room only rates and ticket prices separately and compare the two. Oh I forgot, are you far enough out that there would be no cancellation fee?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: