Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
MMeade18
Earning My Ears

Question about the Grand Floridian!

Hi all, I'm new to the boards and desperately need an answer to this question. On March 1st I will be going up to Disney to visit my girlfriend who works there in the college program. We will be staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. My girlfriend works at the cafe in the Grand Floridian Resort and I may have to drop her off at work each morning and pick her up. My question is, when dropping her off or picking her up at the resort, will I need to be a registered guest to enter the GFR? Do I have to pay each time to park or get in? I apologize if the question seems obvious or not really understandable. I will gladly try to make it more understandable if needed. Any answers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!
MMeade18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
tkgdisney
Mouseketeer

She can show her I'd and they will let you in to drop her off.
tkgdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
outahere

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMeade18 View Post
Hi all, I'm new to the boards and desperately need an answer to this question. On March 1st I will be going up to Disney to visit my girlfriend who works there in the college program. We will be staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. My girlfriend works at the cafe in the Grand Floridian Resort and I may have to drop her off at work each morning and pick her up. My question is, when dropping her off or picking her up at the resort, will I need to be a registered guest to enter the GFR? Do I have to pay each time to park or get in? I apologize if the question seems obvious or not really understandable. I will gladly try to make it more understandable if needed. Any answers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!
Welcome to the DIS!!

You should have no problem dropping her off or picking her up. You may have to show ID at the guard house, but if you explain what you are doing, you should be all set. By the way...... there is no charge for parking at any Disney resort, unless you are using valet service.

Have a great trip!

Edit to add: Actually, after thinking about it, there may be a separate employee entrance. I would suggest you have your girlfriend check on how you should do the drop off/pick up. I'm guessing that they wouldn't normally like employees using the front guest entrance and going through the lobby.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013 / November, 2014
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007

Last edited by outahere; 02-17-2013 at 10:25 AM.
outahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #4
MMeade18
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the tips. I'll ask her to find out for me if there's a separate entrance for employees.
MMeade18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: