Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #1276
momof2TNboys
DIS Veteran

Ok Memom, you just made me cry at my computer at work. You are so right. I was thinking about that when I watched the news last night. I cried and could not watch much. It hits close to home. I went in and kissed my babies again while they slept. I really try not to get caught up with the frustration and it is times like this when you realize how precious they are.

momof2TNboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #1277
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post

Just wanted to acknowledge all of the Oklahoma families who are facing the first day of life without their children. The pain they are waking up to this morning is excruciating. They sent their babies to school yesterday morning in a routine way, I'm sure. Half eaten bowls of cereal, forgotten homework, toothpaste on mouths, excited about their summer plans.... Who knew the hugs and goodbyes would be the last ones? We need to learn from this tragedy. Don't stress over the spilled milk or grass-stained clothes, and try to tolerate the song being sung for the 43rd time in the back seat as you drive. Every minute with our little ones is a gift - the loud moments, the messy moments, the annoying moments. Our DIS kids are very blessed to have such loving, giving, caring, sharing parents. Treasure this day, all.
So very well said, my friend. We never know what tomorrow brings. We have DIS friends who live in Moore, Oklahoma, and I can't even imagine what those people are going through.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #1278
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

So true MeMom, so true.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

(Hoping for pixie dust to make this happen!)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #1279
burly
DIS Veteran

So True Memom.
I spent time with each of my children last night, expressing my love.
Its all so tragic.

KIM
burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #1280
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2TNboys View Post
Ok Memom, you just made me cry at my computer at work. You are so right. I was thinking about that when I watched the news last night. I cried and could not watch much. It hits close to home. I went in and kissed my babies again while they slept. I really try not to get caught up with the frustration and it is times like this when you realize how precious they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
So very well said, my friend. We never know what tomorrow brings. We have DIS friends who live in Moore, Oklahoma, and I can't even imagine what those people are going through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
So true MeMom, so true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
So True Memom.
I spent time with each of my children last night, expressing my love.
Its all so tragic.

KIM
Did you guys see the lady who discovered her missing dog while she was talking to a reporter. She held it together better than I did, I think!

After coming up from under the sea, we headed back down into it again.

These people couldn't decide if they wanted to go in or not. I think they finally moved aside, and we went on ahead.

These light fixtures should have been made into fans. I think this queue is going to get really warm in the summer.

The girls visiting with Ariel.

And back outside.

At Maurice's cart, you could purchase this. I got a regular popcorn bucket - not for the popcorn, as I am not a big fan, but for the bucket itself. The girls and I think maybe John ate some of the popcorn.

Inside Gaston's Tavern again. This time, we decided to get a little something to eat.

This bad boy was three meals' worth of meat!

There is a cup of LeFou's Brew. I don't care for apple juice, so it wasn't something I cared about.

This goes to the front counter area.

I use antlers in all of my decorating...

That's all for tonight. Hope you have had a good day.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #1281
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

The picture with Ariel was perfect. Ariel's friend was perfect for the part.

The food from Gaston's Tavern looked so good I am ready to eat again and I just finished eating a big meal.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
micandminforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #1282
PrincePluto
Disneyholic

Praying for all affected by the storms in Oklahoma...

MeMom, looks like you had a lot of fun in the unexpected treat of getting to see the new Fantasyland additions! Your lunch is making me drool, as I overslept before work and had to skip "breakfast" to make it to work, and am relying on vending machine offerings until I can get out later and hit a drive-thru...

From Freezing to Sweating on a Daily Basis - A December 2013 Trip Report

February 1978 (Fort Wilderness), June 1992 (Off-Site), May 1997 (Off-Site), May 1999 (Off-Site), October 2008 (Off-Site timeshare), November 2009 (Off-Site timeshare), October 2010 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008)), July 2013 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008 and 2010)), December 2013 (Same timeshare as July 2013)
PrincePluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #1283
uncw89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Hi friends! I know MeMom knows the news, but I thought I'd share it! We are having a BOY!!!!

Congrats Tinkgurl!!! Boys are fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2TNboys View Post
Good morning! Love the pictures. I do agree that it is not a must do ride. It is cute but I actually like the queue better than the ride. The boys like it. We had a rain soaked weekend that ruined all our plans. No Little League games or golf for us. I am going to be in panic mode this week between work, end of school stuff for the boys, Little League, packing and cleaning house. Have a great day!
I see you are going to Aulani!!! Have a great time and please post some pics when you get back!!! I hope to go there someday!! Safe travels!!

Hugs and prayers to those who are having a rough time.

I'm behind as usual...I need to read the last two pages!! (and about 20 more pages behind.......

Memom, great pic of you and the family!! My New Year's dates are the same as you. Can't wait for the Dismeets!!
Old 05-22-2013, 04:51 AM   #1284
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Updated Picture List

Picture Pages
5 - arrival, Everything Pop Halloween merchandise
7 - Magic Kingdom, Storybook Circus
11 - leaving rainy Magic Kingdom, Pop kiddie pool, more Everything Pop merchandise
14 - Hollywood Studios
15 - Hollywood Studios, girls with Sorceror Mickey
18 - Streetmosphere, Green Army Man
20 - baby snake at Pop, Small World
21 - night time in Magic Kingdom, Crystal Palace dinner
22 - morning at Pop Century
23 - opening Epcot, Fab Five, Stitch, Daisy, Sunshine Seasons treats
25 - lots of girly characters, esp. on the France, UK area of World Showcase
26 - Mouse Gear, Christmas ornaments, craft work in Mexico, China acrobats, African Outpost
27 - Nashville Zoo
28 - Germany, Italy, America
29 - Florida food kiosk, Japan (koi pond), France (chair climber)
30 - Canada, Off Kilter
31 - Animal Kingdom
32 - Animal Kingdom
42 - MNSSHP, Buzz, Small World
44 - Boo to You Parade
46 - Hollywood, Muppets
49 - Hollywood Studios, Pop
50/51 - Caribbean Beach
53 - morning at Magic Kingdom
54/55 - eating at Cinderella's Royal Table
57 - Magic Kingdom - Merida, Peter Pan, Tinkerbell Fairies
59 - Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Aladdin's Carpets
61 - Wilderness Lodge
63 - Pop Century, Art of Animation
66/67 - many AoA pictures, details, evening with Carson and Parker
71 - Pop, AoA, Rainforest Cafe, Animal Kingdom
72 - Animal Kingdom, flamingo close-ups, Pizzafari
73/74 - Animal Kingdom, Rainforest Cafe shopping
76 - Mother's Day, Animal Kingdom Lodge
78 - Mission:Space, Pop Century in the morning, opening Magic Kingdom
79 - Magic Kingdom, a Main Street ride with Barbara, Tomorrowland, opening New Fantasyland
83 - New Fantasyland - a sneak peek
84 - Under the Sea/Little Mermaid
86 - Gaston's Tavern
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:00 AM   #1285
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
The picture with Ariel was perfect. Ariel's friend was perfect for the part.

The food from Gaston's Tavern looked so good I am ready to eat again and I just finished eating a big meal.
She was a good Ariel. I can't remember where I saw it this week, but I saw a picture of the perfect Snow White. I don't like it at all when the faces aren't right for the character.

I ate on the pork shank, then took it back to the room and put it in the fridge. In the next two days, I pulled some off and added a little pack of BBQ sauce and made two sandwiches with the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePluto View Post
Praying for all affected by the storms in Oklahoma...

MeMom, looks like you had a lot of fun in the unexpected treat of getting to see the new Fantasyland additions! Your lunch is making me drool, as I overslept before work and had to skip "breakfast" to make it to work, and am relying on vending machine offerings until I can get out later and hit a drive-thru...
We were thrilled to get to see everything in New Fantasyland all fresh and brand new!

Maybe you should keep an emergency pack of granola bars in the car for grab & go mornings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncw89 View Post
Congrats Tinkgurl!!! Boys are fun!!

I see you are going to Aulani!!! Have a great time and please post some pics when you get back!!! I hope to go there someday!! Safe travels!!

Hugs and prayers to those who are having a rough time.

I'm behind as usual...I need to read the last two pages!! (and about 20 more pages behind.......

Memom, great pic of you and the family!! My New Year's dates are the same as you. Can't wait for the Dismeets!!
Did I hear someone say it was a ten hours flight to Aulani? There is no way I could do that, unless I was knocked out. I'd love to go, though!

We will see you in December! We have a busy summer, then school starts and time will fly by, so December will be close enough to touch before we even realize it!

Old 05-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #1286
TCKK
DIS Veteran

Hello

I know I haven't been around for awhile (at least not posting), but I'm working on your report and trying to catch up. I've kept up on FB pretty well with all that's been going on in your lives. But I'm here now looking at and enjoying all the pictures. We were there just a few weeks before you for 10 days, but the new Fantasyland didn't open until after we had left, so I'm totally enjoying this. Hopefully, I'll catch up soon. Just wanted you to know I'm here.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #1287
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Well it only took me a few weeks but I have read this TR from start to current!

First I want to say I'm sorry for such a horrible experience that Jill had after the birth of baby Sophie. What a scary time that must have been for all. I'm so glad that everyone is doing well now!

Second, how have I never read a MeMom TR? I'm ashamed

Third, what a wonderful DIStown neighborhood you have here. I hope there is a house available on the cul-de-sac because I want to move in!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #1288
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I'm hungry! Did you save me any of the pork from Gaston's Tavern? That looks yummy!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

(Hoping for pixie dust to make this happen!)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #1289
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!

Hi there! I have been following along with LIFE and Sophie Kate and decided to go back to the beginning to get a little backstory and see how this all started! So yesterday I started with Baby and the Tramp and just finished! I have a lot more reading to do but I love the way you write and all the pics of the girls! I am a mom to three girls and would love one day to go with them and their families when they are grown. In the mean time, we enjoy going when we can and I love love love enjoying Disney through their eyes! I think I may be starting a PTR very soon for our February 2014 trip and I am going to try and convince my oldest daughter to add to it just like MeMom and Jill!

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #1290
momof2TNboys
DIS Veteran

Just a quick check in during work. Love the picture of the girls with Ariel. So sweet!!
I am happy to announce that we just bought GF DVC!!!!! I am so excited. Cannot wait to stay there. I finally convinced Jason today. Woohoo!!!!

momof2TNboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: