Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
taraaplin
Mouseketeer

Snack must haves? Or alltime faves?

What are some snack must-haves for each of the parks? Can you describe the snack? Why did you like it?
taraaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taraaplin View Post
What are some snack must-haves for each of the parks? Can you describe the snack? Why did you like it?
Frozen Mickey Bars

===================================

Dole Whip

Here are some Dole Whip Facts-

1. The Dole Whip "Store" (a couple of windows in the side of

*a building, really) is called "Aloha Isle".

2. Aloha Isle is located in Adventureland, just inside from the Hub, across the walkway from the Swiss Family Treehouse. See Map below.

3a. For years, ALOHA ISLE in MK was the ONLY place in all of WDW to get a Dole Whip.

3b. You now can ALSO get a Dole WHIP (but not the Float) at the Polynesian Resort, at 'Capt. Cook's' (counter service, on ground level near the pool).

4. "Dole Whip" is the pineapple-infused whipped (ice cream-like) soft serve treat, itself.

5. "Dole Whip Float" is pineapple juice with the Dole Whip added to the soft serve treat (floating in the juice).

6. You can order the Dole Whip alone (which is what we prefer) or you can order the "Float".

Regardless, the Aloha Isle is always listed on my WDW itinerary...
Gotta have at least one Dole Whip, per trip (are you hip?)

Last edited by Robo; 02-17-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 07:47 AM   #3
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Chips from UK in Epcot. Best fries ever!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #4
Pier60
Mouseketeer

A bratwurst and sour kraut at Germany Epcot world showcase.
Pier60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
DopeysMom
Mouseketeer

Frozen banana. Although I can get them in the grocery store by me now, there's just something about grabbing a frozen banana on a hot afternoon in Fronteirland.

I always try and have a cinnamon roll from Main Street bakery, but this next trip I'll have to find a replacement has anyone confirmed eh have the same buns in the circus tent?
Old 02-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #6
newdeal
DIS Veteran

real ice cream cookie sandwiches from the cart outside Africa in AK...I think its self explanatory
newdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #7
The Rovang Gang
Mouseketeer

You're going to hear a lot about Dole Whips. They seem to be THE fan fave. We also enjoy loading up at Goofy's Candy Shop in Downtown Disney and Mickey Mouse ice cream bars.
Lexi (9)- Belle
Savannah (7)- Jesse
Madeline (5)- Tinkerbell
The Rovang Gang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #8
rustyanchor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeysMom
Frozen banana. Although I can get them in the grocery store by me now, there's just something about grabbing a frozen banana on a hot afternoon in Fronteirland.

I always try and have a cinnamon roll from Main Street bakery, but this next trip I'll have to find a replacement has anyone confirmed eh have the same buns in the circus tent?
Frozen bananas are my favorite too and I agree that the ones you can buy at the grocery store now just aren't as good!!

School bread in Norway is another that everyone loves. I think it's pretty good, definitely one you should try if you haven't.
rustyanchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #9
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

You can't go to MK without trying the chocolate cake from the Main Street Bakery

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon Nov 13th - Dec 4th 2014
GirlDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #10
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeysMom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlDreamer View Post
You can't go to MK without trying the chocolate cake from the Main Street Bakery
Word is that during the temporary remodeling of the Main Street Bakery (to add Starbucks Coffee,)
the fresh baked items will still be sold...
just around the corner... at the Tomorrowland Terrace ("Noodle Station.")

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #11
disgram
DIS Veteran

I don't know what there is about it but I HAVE to have two or more of the popcorn in WDW! I cannot get any, anywhere else that has that special taste or smell! And then there are the cinnamin buns! Those remind me of the ones my mother used to make. The smell is wonderful!!!!!
disgram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #12
DisneyLvr55
The thing swooped down, hit me in the face with its wing, scooped up my dog, and flew away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Frozen Mickey Bars

===================================

Dole Whip

Here are some Dole Whip Facts-

1. The Dole Whip "Store" (a couple of windows in the side of

*a building, really) is called "Aloha Isle".

2. Aloha Isle is located in Adventureland, just inside from the Hub, across the walkway from the Swiss Family Treehouse. See Map below.

3a. For years, ALOHA ISLE in MK was the ONLY place in all of WDW to get a Dole Whip.

3b. You now can ALSO get a Dole WHIP (but not the Float) at the Polynesian Resort, at 'Capt. Cook's' (counter service, on ground level near the pool).

4. "Dole Whip" is the pineapple-infused whipped (ice cream-like) soft serve treat, itself.

5. "Dole Whip Float" is pineapple juice with the Dole Whip added to the soft serve treat (floating in the juice).

6. You can order the Dole Whip alone (which is what we prefer) or you can order the "Float".

Regardless, the Aloha Isle is always listed on my WDW itinerary...
Gotta have at least one Dole Whip, per trip (are you hip?)

Robo, I've always thought you were a little crazy - I think this finally explains it!

You have Permanent Disney Brain Freeze!!!

Old 02-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #13
cynzilla
Syringomyelia.....not just a disease, but an adventure!

Oh yum

In Japan, EPCOT, the shaved iced! At (I think) called Kabuki Cafe tucked in the corner of the pavilion. This treat comes in 3 flavors or rainbow mixed, Strawberry, Melon, and Cherry! I crave the melon flavor, it's like a cold juicy HoneyDew Melon! Super unique and really refreshing! !!!!!!
cynzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #14
ChristusG
DIS Veteran

Ice cream sandwich....not just any ice cream sandwich. This is a huge amount of ice cream squished between two giant chocolate chip cookies. They are heavenly. I had two last week. Yes, I'm ashamed LOL!

I've found them in three parks, and I haven't searched for them in Animal Kingdom but I'm quite sure they have them if all the other parks do.

MK - I don't know what it's called, but it's a little place just over the bridge that leads towards Liberty Square. They serve ice cream, soups, etc. It's right beside the little walkway that leads beside the castle and back towards Fantasy Land. Great....it's going to drive me crazy....I'm going to have to look up the name of the place. Found it! It's called Sleepy Hollow.

Epcot - at Fountainview Ice Cream

DHS - the ice cream place down near the TOT and RNR. It's called Hollywood Scoops.

Best. Dessert. Ever.

People stopped, looked at me, and said "I'm just going to watch you eat that." LOL!

Been to Disney more than 30 times....now enjoying sharing the magic with my girls. Love camping at Fort Wilderness in our pop up camper!
ChristusG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #15
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Those rice krispie Mickey heads on a stick covered in mini M&Ms and drizzled with white chocolate (at Goofy's Candy Co. in DTD). Holy sugar rush!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: