Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
Mother Gothel
Mouseketeer

Bag for Camera and Items

I have a brand new D3200 that I want to take with me to Disney. I need something that will really protect it on things like Rock N Rollercoaster and Big Thunder Mountain RR. Any suggestions?

I have a sling bag, but there is a bit of play in there and so the camera moves around a bit.

I also like to put my cell phone, hand santizer and other small items in it.

I would love some suggestions.
Mother Gothel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

You might want to check out the Photography Board (further down the main page) for ideas.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
Hulles
Martian Mickey

a good idea for times like that is something like this

http://www.crumpler.com/US/Camera-Ba...s/Haven-M.html

its a small camera bag that protects your camera but slips down inside a bag you already have. so you can turn any bag into a camera bag, and back again if you are going out without the camera.
Hulles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
dmccarty
DIS Veteran

I use a camera holster. Mine is no longer made but here are ones that look similar.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_4n66sfxeks_b

The holster I use is just large enough to hold the camera with one prime lens attached or my travel zoom lens which is a Nikon 35-70 F2.8. With one prime lens on the camera I can just fit a second prime lens in the bag to carry. Usually I carry a 24mm on the camera and a 50mm in the bag. Or just he 24mm. I use a full frame camera and a 24mm is perfect for taking photos of the family when on a ride.

My holster bag has a pouch inside that can be pulled tight to provide some coverage from rain or water. For a light and medium rain this has work well. Not sure I would brave it on KRR. I do carry a plastic zip lock bag to use if really needed.

I use the strap on my camera to carry the pouch/camera combination. The bag is really there to protect the camera and len(es) from bumps and a bit of water.

I have done this for all of our WDW trips without a problem. The holster bag I use has been on all of the rides at WDW with the exception of KRR. The camera was on KRR once but I had it in a larger camera bag. When on a roller coaster I try to hold the camera so that it is not bouncing around very much say on RRR, ToT, or Space Mountain. On EE, TT, or TM I use the camera to take pictures of the family.

Later,
Dan
Oct 2007 CBR
Apr 1998 and May 1997 CR
70's to 1997 too many trips to count.

Disney is a lens that focuses on people.
Sometimes it exposes the worst.
Most of the time it highlights the best.
dmccarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

I have the same size camera and use this bag. I really love it. It comes in many other colors, just search Amazon for Vangoddy camera bag.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #6
RSWA2
Mouseketeer

Check out Lowepro, their VersaPacks and FastPacks probably fit what you are looking for. To hold a DSLR and other items. Most camera bags only hold a camera and are too small for other items.

http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Versap...dp/B002PU9UNG/

http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Fastpa.../dp/B000YIYOJ6

The camera fits on a zippered sectioned part on the bottom. Your other things, water bottle, hand sanitizer, etc can go in the top part. It is pretty roomy in both sections and there are partitions for your camera so you can rearrange them to fit the body and lens.

Plus the AW versions, comes with a rain cover, perfect for water rides and when it rains. There is also a tripod holder, if you have one and padded shoulder straps. A waist strap to help distribute the weight.
RSWA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #7
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSWA2 View Post
Check out Lowepro, their VersaPacks and FastPacks probably fit what you are looking for. To hold a DSLR and other items. Most camera bags only hold a camera and are too small for other items.

http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Versap...dp/B002PU9UNG/

http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Fastpa.../dp/B000YIYOJ6

The camera fits on a zippered sectioned part on the bottom. Your other things, water bottle, hand sanitizer, etc can go in the top part. It is pretty roomy in both sections and there are partitions for your camera so you can rearrange them to fit the body and lens.

Plus the AW versions, comes with a rain cover, perfect for water rides and when it rains. There is also a tripod holder, if you have one and padded shoulder straps. A waist strap to help distribute the weight.
I use a Tamrac Adventure 7 photo backpack that's pretty much the same deal.
dadddio is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: