Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
hereyago
DIS Veteran

Has Your Child Had Anything Stolen At School?

A couple days sgo, dd14 accidentally left her Iphone on the bus seat. Well love icloud because she later found it. Unfortunately,thief decided to smash part of it and leave it in a ditch since they couldn't get it to work. So now school will be looking at bus tape. There is actually 2 suspects,1 likes dd's boyfriend. She has gone way out of her way to say she didnt do it and named someone else. Odd thing was she wasn't being accused just was asked if she saw anyone.take it. So what have your experiences been like? was item returned?was thief caught?
hereyago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
LongLiveDisney
DIS Veteran

Yes, just this past Thursday. DSis got a Valentine's Day gift from her friend and teacher told her to put it in the closet. An hour later, she goes to get her gift and part of it was ripped clean off. It was a teddy bear with a necklace and a couple other pieces of jewelry attached. The jewelry was gone. We have a suspect. Poor girl was crying all day. I hate thieves!

Me DM DF DSis DB
LongLiveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
kacaju
DIS Veteran

yep...dd19 had her cross stolen out of the locker at gym. She had taken it off. She saw a girl wearing it a few days later and the girl claimed it was hers. We never did anything about that. Grandma bought her a new one.

Then she had her wallet stolen with her license, MY gas card, and her car and house key. THAT we did report to the police (dh was away in business that week) I had my brother come over and change the locks on my house since her license had our address on it!!
personally..I think someone took it as a joke and when they found out we reported it they didn't know what to do. Because about 4 months later dd was sitting in class and saw it behind the door...with everything (including her money) in it.
Now, I work in the kitchen in our middle school, but know most of the custodians. I KNOW they were all on the lookout for her wallet that day.
kacaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
hereyago
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveDisney View Post
Yes, just this past Thursday. DSis got a Valentine's Day gift from her friend and teacher told her to put it in the closet. An hour later, she goes to get her gift and part of it was ripped clean off. It was a teddy bear with a necklace and a couple other pieces of jewelry attached. The jewelry was gone. We have a suspect. Poor girl was crying all day. I hate thieves!
Dang that sucks. the iPhone was dd's big Christmas present from her dad. When she was able to find it she got mad and started to cry.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #5
hereyago
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacaju View Post
yep...dd19 had her cross stolen out of the locker at gym. She had taken it off. She saw a girl wearing it a few days later and the girl claimed it was hers. We never did anything about that. Grandma bought her a new one.

Then she had her wallet stolen with her license, MY gas card, and her car and house key. THAT we did report to the police (dh was away in business that week) I had my brother come over and change the locks on my house since her license had our address on it!!
personally..I think someone took it as a joke and when they found out we reported it they didn't know what to di. Because about 4 months later dd was sitting in class and saw it behind the door...with everything (including her money) in it.
Now, I work in the kitchen in our middle school, but know most of the custodians. I KNOW they were all on the lookout for her wallet that day.
Omg,who steals a cross of all things? What a klepto.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #6
FINFAN
Mom to Tinkbell
Makes the best Apple Pie on her block!
My driver's license will say "Florida Resident" one day!
I blame Jaws

Yep

DD had her Ipod stolen by someone ON OUR STREET on the bus...we were the last street to be dropped off, so we know it had to be one of 11 kids. Not much could be done, we knocked on every home's door to ask..but as I'm sure you know, no snowflakes here could possibly have taken it.

DS has had money taken by a well-practiced theif. DS caught the kid in the act-the kid threw some of the money across the room, so therefor didn't actually have it in his posession when the teacher finally figured out what DS was yelling at the kid about.Then to add insult to injury, since DS had no way of proving how much the thief had on him to start with, the kid got to keep whatever he didn't throw could not be proven guilty. AND the Dean told DS he was in the wrong for confronting the thief, that he should not have inervened and should have told his teacher /the proper people. The kid who stole it was told that he was basically off the hook as there was no proof. His story was that he "found" DS wallet on the floor Icing on the cake? DS had to sit next to this scum the rest for the semester.
His swim coach asked him(or anyone who had a waterproof camera) to bring it there for swim practice. Guess what was stoled right out of the locker when DS was showering? He has had books and jacket stolen. Even scissors that he had taken to school when decorating for a Prom ask.
Not one time was anything done, anyone caught or actually, anyone that even really gave a crap that DS was reporting anything. The victim gets victimized all over again.
Dan's IN to the Hall of Fame!

FINFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #7
SpecialK
DIS Veteran

Graphing calculator. No idea when or where.
SpecialK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #8
*JoGo*
DIS Veteran

Yes. DS was in 5th grade. I drove him to school everyday because I worked there. He put his Nintendo DS in his hoodie pocket to play in the car (did that every morning, 30 min drive). Fell asleep. Forgot it was there. When he felt it in his pocket he put it in his desk. Kids had gotten in trouble for bringing electronics to school and he was afraid to tell his teacher. After recess, it was gone. He was very upset and finally had to tell his teacher -thank goodness! Teacher immediately suspected someone and told the class that whoever had it had until X time to return it on their own, no questions asked.

Later, a boy (the suspect) asks my son Isn't that your game? The DS game was in the trash, but not the DS itself. My son is further agitated.

X time comes and goes. No DS. Custodians were told not to take out any trash. Suspect is asked by teacher. Denies. Suspect's mom (a teacher) is told about the situation. Suspect produces the DS (which had my son's name written on it).

The suspect/guilty party was not allowed to go on the class camping trip the next week. It's a trip the kids look forward to and only happens in 5th grade. The boy was a terror, peed on bathroom walls, breaking stuff, lying, etc etc. I was relieved when he left the school.

It was a huge learning experience for my son. Very upsetting also. His teacher also talked to him and let him know he wouldn't have been in trouble for giving the DS to his teacher when he realized he had it. I also stressed how extremely lucky he was to get it back.
*JoGo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #9
MnMomtoboys
DIS Veteran

My son had his gym clothes stolen last week. The gym teachers and I were laughing about it since Daniel never brings home his gym clothes. We couldn't believe someone would want those stinky things.

MN: The land of 10,000 lakes and at least 1 idiot.
MnMomtoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #10
Talking Hands
|,,|/ DEAF DISNEY LOVER
Mom to 2 beautiful young ladies
SIGNS TO OLDIES ON THE RADIO

Not my kids but I have. A student stole my cell phone from the desk while I was collecting papers. Our security head found it a week later when searching the student's book bag because another cell went missing. Student had several cells in the bag. Don't know what happened but since I never saw said student again I assume he was transferred back to his home school.

Talking Hands
|,,|/ DEAF Disney Lover
Talking Hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #11
tvguy
Question anything the facts don't support.

DS had a sports team jacket stolen.
Sorry, still have trouble accepting a 14 year old with a cell phone let along an iphone. My kids got cell phones when they were 16 and driving, but they had to stay in the glove box (school rule, not mine).
Old 02-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #12
desilovesdisney
Earning My Ears

My daughter has had two sets of gym clothes and her book fair money stolen. My oldest son had his wallet stolen. He had just gotten the wallet for Christmas (super nice leather wallet) and had all of the money he had gotten for Christmas in it. What is so sad, is the only people who were around who could have stolen it are a couple of cousins!
desilovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #13
hereyago
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
DS had a sports team jacket stolen.
Sorry, still have trouble accepting a 14 year old with a cell phone let along an iphone. ).
That is ok, you dont pay for it lol. Her df got her her first one and she is on his plan. And it didnt matter if it was an iPhone or in your DS case, a spirts jacket(which some people would balk at expensive clothes), thieves want everything.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #14
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

I had an MP3 CD player stolen my freshman year of HS. Admittedly, it was dumb as I left it in my cheer bag in the locker room. As freshman, we didn't have permanent gym lockers so we had to leave our bags out in the open. The person who stole it was in my homeroom, and had it right out in the open. My parents reported it to the school, we proved it was mine because I had rechargeable batteries in it that matched the ones in the player she was flaunting around. The school asked my parents if they wanted to press charges, which they then asked me, and I said no. I think she got a couple days detention out of it anyway.
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #15
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita
I had an MP3 CD player stolen my freshman year of HS. Admittedly, it was dumb as I left it in my cheer bag in the locker room. As freshman, we didn't have permanent gym lockers so we had to leave our bags out in the open. The person who stole it was in my homeroom, and had it right out in the open. My parents reported it to the school, we proved it was mine because I had rechargeable batteries in it that matched the ones in the player she was flaunting around. The school asked my parents if they wanted to press charges, which they then asked me, and I said no. I think she got a couple days detention out of it anyway.
So glad I am no alone

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: