Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

Ticket "deals" at the gate

So, I was at a party this weekend with a friend who is going to Disney in March. I am the resident know-it-all for Disney and this friend has only been 2 times in the past 10 years.

She told me, in her best "betcha didn't know this" voice, that you can get 10 3 day park hoppers at the gate for just about $1,000. She is insisting that her friend did this last year and heard about this "deal" from another friend who lives in Florida and knows all the ins and outs about Disney.

Sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me, but thought I would throw it out to see what others have to say. I had to hear - "See, I told you something you didn't know" and I hate that! Ha!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

Hmmm...another "heard it from a friend's friend story"......
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

A 3 day park hopper for around $100--wouldn't that be nice.
appleorchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by conniehar90 View Post
So, I was at a party this weekend with a friend who is going to Disney in March. I am the resident know-it-all for Disney and this friend has only been 2 times in the past 10 years.

She told me, in her best "betcha didn't know this" voice, that you can get 10 3 day park hoppers at the gate for just about $1,000. She is insisting that her friend did this last year and heard about this "deal" from another friend who lives in Florida and knows all the ins and outs about Disney.

Sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me, but thought I would throw it out to see what others have to say. I had to hear - "See, I told you something you didn't know" and I hate that! Ha!
You can get them from the gas station on I-drive!

Ratatouille, the Ride!

magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #5
Jestocost
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by conniehar90 View Post

No, but you can get three 10-day hoppers for $1,125 plus tax.
Spring 1976, WDW/Golf Resort; Spring 2000, WDW/CBR; Summer 2002, WDW/CBR; Thanksgiving 2003, Disney Wonder & WDW/CBR; Fall 2004, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2005, Disney Magic Western Caribbean; Fall 2005, WDW/BC; Summer 2006, Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean & WDW/POFQ; Christmas 2006, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2007, DLR/Disneyland Hotel; Fall 2007, WDW/Poly; Summer 2008, WDW/POFQ & Disney Wonder B2B; Thanksgiving 2008, WDW/Poly; Summer 2009, WDW/AKL; Christmas/New Year 2009-2010, WDW/Poly and Disney Magic Western Caribbean; Spring Break 2010, WDW/BC; Summer 2010, WDW/GF; Thanksgiving 2010, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2011, WDW/BC; Summer 2011, WDW/BWI; Thanksgiving 2011, Disney Dream; Summer 2012, WDW/AKL;F&WF 2012, WDW/BWI; Spring Break 2013, WDW/BC; Summer 2013, Disney Wonder Alaska; F&WF 2013, WDW/YC; Spring Break 2014, WDW/AKL and Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; Summer 2014, WDW/WL

Jestocost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

There are special "Touch of Magic" tickets at about $100 each. They are available through time share companies. They are valid for two Theme Parks and one water park (or DQ). So in theory they are three day tickets. And since you can use the minor park entry on the same day as a major park, by some stretch they can be considered park hoppers. And to get they you have to sit through a time share promotion.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #7
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys! I figured this was the case.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #8
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

I did see a sign last week at the ticket booths advertising 3 day tickets for $119 I think but figured those were just for Florida residents.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #9
The Wise One
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloelovesdisney
I did see a sign last week at the ticket booths advertising 3 day tickets for $119 I think but figured those were just for Florida residents.
Yep it's a Florida resident special at the moment. We can also add another day for just $10 more.
1st WDW Trip: November 2009 - Coronado Springs
2nd: December 2011 - All Star Movies
3rd: January 6th, 2013- Pop Century Resort
First DCL: May 25th, 2013- FANTASY!
4th: June 2013 - Art of Animation
5th: November 2013 - Coronado Springs
The Wise One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #10
TDSAXX
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wise One View Post
Yep it's a Florida resident special at the moment. We can also add another day for just $10 more.
One more reason I need to move to Fla.
TDSAXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #11
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

A Florida resident could buy 10 - 3 day park-hoppers for $1,190 plus tax. They have had commercials for it for some time now. Unless there are some unadvertised quantity discounts, that's probably as cheap as it gets.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #12
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

Interesting. I am not sure how FL resident tickets work. Do they just ask for ID the first time it is used? If there is some way to work the system on proving you are a FL resident, I wonder if that is what her friend did. I certainly would never do that but I would love to report back that this was in fact not a deal available to those outside FL!

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #13
NYDisneyKid
Expedition Everest Record Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wise One View Post
Those are 1 park per day tickets right? Can you add hopper to these tickets?
Old 02-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #14
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDisneyKid View Post
Those are 1 park per day tickets right? Can you add hopper to these tickets?

I stand corrected. I think you are right about these being one day tickets. A member of our party bought one and I believe his total was $144 with PH added.

I thought that sounded like an awful lot of tax, but didn't want to get into his business so dismissed it at the time. It must have been because he got PH.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #15
fall08CP
Cheesehead

My friend has a Florida Resident Annual Pass and gets asked for ID every single time we go to the park. He once forgot his in the car at TTC and they made him go back and get it. I imagine any Florida resident tickets would be the same.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: