Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 01:09 AM   #1
jjas
Mouseketeer

4 Parks - 1 Day Advice

My youngest DD (20) and I are going to attempt this on Thursday, March 7th. Just decided today on a last minute trip !

I was hoping to get a little bit of last minute advice. Right now the hours calendar is showing only EMH at the MK for AM (8-9). Does anyone think there is a chance they will add PM EMH for that day? MK is also the latest park open that day - until 10PM. DHS and AK close at 7 and Epcot closes at 9. Would you use that extra hour in the morning (8-9AM) or at night (9-10PM)?

We are going to have a car - would you drive yourself from park to park or use Disney transportation?

Since it is just going to be the two of us this day we thought it would be fun to give this a try - just to be able to say we did it.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks !
Me , DH , DD1 (27) , DD2 (21) , Max , Tucker , Lilly
jjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:04 AM   #2
heathere3
Mouseketeer

How much are you planning to do in each park?

A couple of years ago we were given 1 day park hoppers and wanted to make "te best" of them. We decided on our favourite ride, and favourite snack from all 4 parks. Given that TSMM was on the list, we knew we needed to do it first. Got to HS just after rope drop only to discover it was down Talked to the cast member minding the line and explained what we were trying to do and asked if we'd be better to grab a fast pass and come back to HS later in the day. After giving the whole "I can't give you any advice" spiel, she suggested we might not want to waste time in transportation and might consider giving it a little time... 2 mins later they opened the queue

We had planned a fair bit of our day to minimize waiting time, an arrived at MK (our 4th park) by about 3 pm! So it totally can be done
heathere3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:00 AM   #3
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

When we did this in September MK was also morning EMH which helped. However DHS was open later than it is for you and if MK has morning EMH, it is highly unlikely that evening EMH will be added for the same park.

Although it would make sense to start at 8 at MK, given the park closing times that day, I would probably skip the morning EMH and start at AK at 9, get on the bus to DHS and do what you want to there, take the boat or walk to Epcot and then finish with MK. I suggested skipping EMH that day and ending at MK because you gain more hours in your day by doing that than you do by starting at 8.

We had the added advantage of being able to use the EMH at MK which meant we got a lot of stuff done and were on the monorail to Epcot before 10 am. AK is a bit out on a limb and your travel time to any other park takes longer which is why I suggested starting there but again, that depends on what is on your to do list for the other parks.

As the PP pointed out, this all depends on what you want to do in each park and if TSM is on your list, then DHS is going to be your starting park - not much option on that one. Good luck and let us know how you get on. It is doable as long as you are realistic in your expectations of what you can achieve in each park.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: