Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
Heyriddle
Mouseketeer

Booking onboard

I have heard that you can transfer onboard bookings to a travel agent. Can they be transferred to Costco?

2005 Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2008 Disney Wonder Bahamas Double Dip 4-Night
2011 Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 7-Night
Heyriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

It is not a transfer if you name the agent at the time of booking. While that may seem like a semantic point, it matters greatly to the TA as they get full commission if named at the time of an onboard booking but have a significant reduction if transferred later. You can name any agent who will accept onboard bookings--there is NO downside for the agent.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #3
cpeters
Earning My Ears

The only thing about attaching a Travel Agent when booking on board during your Cruise be aware if you change your mind or want to make changes to the Reservation you cannot do it (Per the Future Cruise Desk). Only the Travel Agent can make changes wants they are attached.
cpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #4
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

You can only transfer a booking to a TA within 30 days of making the initial booking thru DCL. This is a change that happened earlier this month.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
Heyriddle
Mouseketeer

Percentage

I am also wondering if the 10% discount you get for booking onboard will be valid on a new cruise date if it is more expensive or do you just get the initial dummy date discount off the total price? If the percentage transfers would it apply to adding another person in our room later? Our eldest will be going to college so we are not certain if he will be cruising with us yet.

2005 Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2008 Disney Wonder Bahamas Double Dip 4-Night
2011 Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 7-Night
Heyriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #6
Melissa S
DIS Veteran

You can 10% off the prevailing price. So if you move your cruise booked on board to a new date you get 10% off the price of the cruise that day. It's not a dollar amount (i.e 10% off the other cruise was $500), it's a percentage so you would save more if the cruise is more expensive.

Magic October 27, 2013 (5 night Halloween on the High Seas)
Wonder March 2, 2013 (5 night)
Magic September 7, 2012 (5 night)
Magic June 2, 2012 (8 night)
Dream December 26, 2011 (3 night)
Melissa S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #7
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

This also applies to the offer of onboard credit. Say you book a cheap, offseason, 3 night cruise as a placeholder and then decide you want to take an expensive, peak season 12 night Med cruise. You would get 10% off of the cruise fare on the day you change your booking. Whatever the rate is that day. You'd also move from the $100 OBC category to the $200 OBC category as you would be sailing a cruise longer than 7 nights.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #8
EA1
Earning My Ears

November 2014 Cruise booked

Hi, I will be sailing for the first time on the Fantasy in a concierge family state room. There is not much info available on all the amenities etc. any tips? Also can satellite fall be accessed directly from concierge sun deck? Many thanks
EA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #9
IFlossU
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyriddle View Post
I have heard that you can transfer onboard bookings to a travel agent. Can they be transferred to Costco?
With regard to Costco, when I rebooked on the Magic in March the booking agent on board asked me if I wanted to list a Travel Agent and I said Costco. It was that simple. A couple of weeks after we returned home I called Costco, gave them my reservation number and they were able to transfer it to their system in a matter of minutes. Very easy, and now we'll get the OBB benefits and the very nice Costco cash card. The cash card I received for our March cruise showed up within a week of us getting home. On my next visit to Costco they were more than happy to cash out the card for me, so I walked away with a nice $285 in cash!

(38) (41) (5) (3)
IFlossU is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: