Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
jkpatrick
Mouseketeer

Unused NE PH Tickets upgrade question

I bought some 6-day PH, NE tickets from UT in hopes of using them to upgrade to APs in the future for me, DW and the kids. Following the Ticket Sticky, at the time, this was the best discount to purchase tickets for to upgrade them to APs. I won't be upgrading these tickets until 2016 or later.

With the rumor that Disney is doing away with the NE option, how will I know what price these tickets should be bridged to in the future if the rumor comes true? Will it be the price on the last day that Disney was selling the 6 day PH, NE option for? I would need to know that info before I go to the CM to ask them to bridge the ticket for an upgrade to make sure they are giving me the correct price so how could I get that if that price isn't available online anymore?

The pre-MYW tickets were given the one day price for upgrades, after they were phased out, correct? Is that a price per day on the last day they were sold?

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Here's my best guess (and it's just a guess). When they bridge the price, they credit you the current value of the ticket. If the NE option is no longer available, then the value of the ticket would be equivalent to a normal 6-day PH.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #3
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Disney normally will honor purchased tickets.

I figure that they will honor the NE aspect for the foreseeable future.

Last edited by Robo; 02-19-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpatrick View Post
I bought some 6-day PH, NE tickets from UT in hopes of using them to upgrade to APs in the future for me, DW and the kids. Following the Ticket Sticky, at the time, this was the best discount to purchase tickets for to upgrade them to APs. I won't be upgrading these tickets until 2016 or later.

With the rumor that Disney is doing away with the NE option, how will I know what price these tickets should be bridged to in the future if the rumor comes true? Will it be the price on the last day that Disney was selling the 6 day PH, NE option for? I would need to know that info before I go to the CM to ask them to bridge the ticket for an upgrade to make sure they are giving me the correct price so how could I get that if that price isn't available online anymore?

The pre-MYW tickets were given the one day price for upgrades, after they were phased out, correct? Is that a price per day on the last day they were sold?

Thanks!
Pre-MYW tickets are not allowed to be upgraded per the ticket sticky.

There's no guarantee price bridging will continue, I'm surprised they haven't stopped it.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

First of all, the reason that Disney has removed the NE option from online purchase is many people were misunderstanding the concept. They thought they needed the NE option since they would not be using the tickets right away and then complained to Guest Relations about what they had paid and really did not need the NE option.

Even if sales of NE tickets are discontinued (which I do not think will happen) Disney will still allow the value of the tickets actual; selling price by Disney toward an upgrade.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #6
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
There's no guarantee price bridging will continue, I'm surprised they haven't stopped it.
I don't see a reason that they need to stop it.

It's a rule Disney devised.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #7
RSWA2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpatrick View Post
Will it be the price on the last day that Disney was selling the 6 day PH, NE option for?
I would say that if NE is still available, you would get the price of whatever it is selling for that day. If the NE option no longer available, I would say you would get the price it was selling for on the last day. For example if today was the last day NE are ever sold, your 6 day PH, NE tickets would be locked in the price of $532.50 forever. So when you use it once, then go to upgrade them (before 14 days), you will get $532.50 credited to whatever ticket you upgrade to.

But there could be a possibility that you can't upgrade them in the future anymore once they are phased out. And you can only use them as park tickets. Anyone know why Pre-MYW tickets can no longer be upgraded?
RSWA2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: