Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
SFreelove
Mouseketeer

Can someone explain to me Pirates League

I have a 3 year old daughter (3 at the time of our trip this fall) we're going back and forth with the idea of Bib Bop Boq. or Pirates Leauge. Shes most definitley a diva/princess but isn't a fan of getting her hair done and sitting still but I think she COULD like BBB. But after reading into the pirates league, it sounds a little more fun for her, more action, stuff to do, and the makeover too. She does love Jake and Izzy just as much.

So i'm torn on which to do, both would work, I THINK! so i'm looking for true insight on people who have kids that have done these already, preferably at younger ages like mine Thanks!
SFreelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
Sommer76
Earning My Ears

Pirates League for my girl!

Hi,

This past year, we had a "Year of Disney" with APs and went to WDW 3 times as a family. On our first trip, both of my girls (age 3 at the time) did the full package at BBB (hair, makeup, costume, etc.). One really enjoyed it, the other not so much (she would rather be on BTMRR!). On our second trip, my girl who loved BBB wanted to do PL so I scheduled us both to do the Mermaid Package. We both had a lot of fun with it! On our third trip, I let her pick what she wanted to do and she easily wanted PL but to be a pirate this time (she was 4 at this point). The last visit was our most fun ever! She was a beautiful pirate and she loved all the "loot" she got and the secret treasure room you get to go into. Of all three, she said being a pirate at PL was her absolute favorite. It was also my favorite from a cost perspective too, since I did the empress package, bought the picture and bought her a pirate costume there for $95. To do a costume and all that at BBB is easily double that. I also liked that when we were at PL it was less crowded than BBB.

I will add this too -- if she doesn't like sitting and having her hair done, you may be better off at PL. It takes some time and lots of gel to get the hair into those buns/ponytails. For hair at PL, they basically just twist the hair on the sides of the face and then pin it up. That takes maybe 5 minutes.

I hope this was helpful! Have fun whichever option you decide on!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

We have done both. I thought I would include some pictures of both so you can see what your choices are.

Pirates League: We really enjoyed PL. I loved that they stay in character and talk to you about their pirate lives. One of our pirates was named Nina as in Nine-uh. She talked about how her parents weren't very creative b/c her sisters were named tena (ten-uh), elevena, and twelva. So cute. They did the girls' hair and makeup. We got the Siren package, which was a new package in fall of 2012 (September). The sirens are naughty mermaids, so all the CM's would say things like: "What are you princesses doing hanging out with sirens?", then my two sirens would do their special siren call, which was two pats on their laps and then both hands make a snake and they say "SSSSS". Very fun.

The hairdo is very simple, and the makeup takes a little longer. After hair and makeup, we were led into the secret chamber where we are not allowed to take pics b/c it is a secret. However, the photopass photographer took pictures, and they were available for purchase afterwards. The nice thing is that the Photopass+ gives you so much power. When they start giving you the price spiel, you say you have Photopass+ and they package them up and give you all the pics. I suggest Photopass+ by the way.

BBB: We have done two years in a row and loved both years. The girls get pampered to the extreme. The only problem I have is that they pull the girls' hair WAY too tight. This year my daughter's eyes were pulled so she looked like she had a bad facelift from her hair being too tight. My little one ended up with a bald spot when we got home b/c her hair was too tight from BBB. They never want to keep it in long b/c it hurts, and it is a lot of money to waste if they take it out. We always bring our own dresses and pay for the hair, makeup, nails package.

Now for pictures:

This is my oldest daughter after PL 2012:

This is my second oldest daughter after PL 2012 (she really stayed in character):

This is my third daughter after BBB 2012, her eyes are pulled very tight, though it is not as noticeable in this pic:

This is my littlest daughter after BBB 2011 in the castle. Love this pic:

This is my littlest kissing her daddy after BBB. Including this b/c it is just so darn cute:

And here are all of my daughters (My son won't do PL) in 2011 in the area where you can get pics taken after BBB:

I know this is a huge post, but I hope it helps in your decision!!!

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Blackbeltdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #4
SFreelove
Mouseketeer

Wow thanks! That was such a helpful respons, love the pictures also!! I think we've decided to go with PL with those feedback and knowing our DD and her still only being 3 at the time, it'll be a bit more "fun" for her it sounds like then say if she was even just a year or two older.

1) Which brings me to my next question, what goes on during the PL, are their games or is it strictly a make over I'm a little confused by the description online. ??

2) The price also says $29.. Does that mean its a flat rate of $29 no matter what package you choose for the make over???
SFreelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #5
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

No problem! Glad to have been able to help. Plus, I think the pics are cute, so I may as well share them!

1. The first thing I think they do is to say the Pirate oath. Then they move on to meet their pirate who does their hair and makeup. While they are doing the hair and makeup, they are talking about Pirate stuff. There was one woman who had no one in her chair at the time, and she kept going around to all the boys asking if they would marry her and telling them she had lots of treasure. It really was fun. Then they get to use their swords (I think the regular mermaid does not get a sword, but the Siren does b/c she is naughty). Mom and dad are involved in the sword instruction. Then it is off to the secret room for pictures. Then you can decide on pictures, and off you go.

2. The price you quoted is before tax, and includes the hair, makeup (they get to keep the makeup), sash, nail polish, sack for carrying their items, and either sword or necklace. Oh, they got earrings and a pirate bandana as well. The pictures are an extra cost unless you have photopass+.

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Blackbeltdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #6
Sommer76
Earning My Ears

I don't think you will be disappointed with PL! I was very pleased with our experiences there. Now that I'm home and have some time, I thought I would add our most recent picture from PL.

Here is one of the mermaid package

And here are some of both of my girls after BBB

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: