Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

What was it like seeing your new roommate (for the Disney College/Culinary program)?

How did you react? What did you first say? What did you do the first day (other than go to class)? Did you all go ride the rides the first day or second day or third day? What were the conversations like at first?
Cicero10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero10 View Post
How did you react? What did you first say? What did you do the first day (other than go to class)? Did you all go ride the rides the first day or second day or third day? What were the conversations like at first?
Well on my first program I just had random roommates, if you do it this way it sort of works by who you are standing in line near. I talked to a few of them while we were waiting in line, just simple things like 'Where are you from?" "What role are you?" Then once we got to the apartment and picked our rooms we spent a lot of time unpacking before we went to Casting. We went to casting together, mostly just shared how excited we were or talked about how long the process was taking. Later that night we all went to Downtown Disney and ate at House of Blues.

You don't have access to the parks until after traditions so once we were done with that we went to MK for a little to ride the rides.
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
Well on my first program I just had random roommates, if you do it this way it sort of works by who you are standing in line near. I talked to a few of them while we were waiting in line, just simple things like 'Where are you from?" "What role are you?" Then once we got to the apartment and picked our rooms we spent a lot of time unpacking before we went to Casting. We went to casting together, mostly just shared how excited we were or talked about how long the process was taking. Later that night we all went to Downtown Disney and ate at House of Blues.

You don't have access to the parks until after traditions so once we were done with that we went to MK for a little to ride the rides.
So from wat I finally understand, wellness apartments are for people under 21. But if someone does have alcohol in one of the apartments to goes to another complex, will the security check for alcohol using a breathalyzer? Cause I read that some of the complexes have good parties. So would someone under 21 be able to participate and drink? Is there a place where cast members can eat that's really cheap? Like where its just for cast members?
Old 02-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
GusGus77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So from wat I finally understand, wellness apartments are for people under 21. But if someone does have alcohol in one of the apartments to goes to another complex, will the security check for alcohol using a breathalyzer? Cause I read that some of the complexes have good parties. So would someone under 21 be able to participate and drink?
Um, you do realize it is ILLEGAL to drink under age 21 right? Why would you ask such a question and risk getting thrown out of the program? If you are going into the program because you want to go to parties, perhaps you should consider doing something else.
GusGus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus77 View Post
Um, you do realize it is ILLEGAL to drink under age 21 right? Why would you ask such a question and risk getting thrown out of the program? If you are going into the program because you want to go to parties, perhaps you should consider doing something else.
No not for the parties. I was just wondering cause I read that one of the apartments complexes partied a lot.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So from wat I finally understand, wellness apartments are for people under 21. But if someone does have alcohol in one of the apartments to goes to another complex, will the security check for alcohol using a breathalyzer? Cause I read that some of the complexes have good parties. So would someone under 21 be able to participate and drink? Is there a place where cast members can eat that's really cheap? Like where its just for cast members?

There is no breathalyzer, the security guards are not cops, more like the police at the mall. Do people under 21 drink? yes. Do they go to parties at the complexes? Yes. Do they get caught? Sometimes.

If you are in a wellness apartment there can be no alcohol. If someone is caught with it in the apartment the entire apartment can be sent home, unless someone fesses up and says it is theirs only.

If you are in non-wellness, you can have alcohol, you can even have people under 21 come and hang out. From what I understand you can even drink, but if security shows up, the people who are under 21 better not have a drink in their hand.

Lot's of CPs go on the party bus to local clubs. Many underage people drink on these buses. While security won't check you when you return to the complex, if you are drunk and making a scene you could get in trouble.

In my opinion the risk is not worth it. If you are caught underage drinking you will be kicked out of the program.

As for food. If you mean at work, there are cast cafeterias at the parks and at the resorts. The food is okay and average priced. I didn't really have time to walk there during my break because it was too far from my location, so I brought my lunch each day. There are many break rooms and they have fridges and microwaves for you to use.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #7
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I was the second person in my apartment the day I moved in. I chose to be placed with random roommates. It was the basic Hey nice to meet you blah blah. We just got to know each other. The first day was so busy with moving in, casting, and housing meeting we didn't have time enough to do anything other than head to walmart together. The second day the one alumni among the 4 of us drive us around and showed us how to get to certain points. Now that I think about it the 4 of us never went to the parks together. 2 or 3 would go but never all 4. It was just idk... natural.

And security is VERY strict about alcohol in wellness apartments. My second night there I was helping the girls down the hallway move furniture around and we had security called on us for making too much noise. I had a bottle of beer with me and I didn't realize they were wellness and got a very stern talking to by security. Luckily I dodged that bullet but I never made that mistake again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: