Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
SDFgirl
Weekend spelunker
Cutting up foods makes me happy
Shared a flight with Carol Brady
Warning! If I don't know you I might bum a ride to get a haircut!

Will our kids be the ONLY ones without a dress at BBB?

We have a reservation at BBB but don't have dresses. I just don't feel like messing with them and paying all that money. Plus it's going to be about 65 degrees the day of our reservation.

Do ALL kids wear a dress? Or do some just have the hair/makeup/glitter etc. and wear their regular clothes?

My girls are not spoiled, but if they see everyone else in a dress, they're going to be a little jealous.

May 2005 POR - First trip as a couple
September 2008 POR - Found out we were expecting our middle DD on the last day
September 2009 BCV - Grand Gathering!
April 2010 FW - Tent Camping!
Next trip, February 2013 - Surprise for our 3 kids!
SDFgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #2
tikistitch
Mouseketeer

Most of the kids I've seen do wear some form of princess dress, but a lot of people bring their own from home. A lot of kids do get the princess dresses from BBB, but I see other girls with Disney Store ones and even the ones you can get at Walmart or Target. I also see girls in princessy costume dresses that aren't Disney related at all. When we took my 9 year old niece, we brought our own dress with us for her to wear. We got a Rapunzel and Snow White costume on clearance for $15 each at the Disney Store and brought them along with us.

There are some girls that don't wear costumes at all, so don't worry. I think that it really depends on what works best for your family along with the comfort of your kids with the temperature outside. Regardless of what your kids wear, the ladies that make over the girls are wonderful and you will have a memorable experience.
tikistitch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
amomma23
DIS Veteran

I would say the majority of girls will have on a dress. They don't all wear an official Disney Princess dress, though. My daughter wore a blue tutu and a sparkly, Cinderella tank top. Maybe just go with a sundress in a princess color. If your girls like Rapunzel, wear purple or yellow for Belle, etc.
amomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDFgirl View Post
We have a reservation at BBB but don't have dresses. I just don't feel like messing with them and paying all that money. Plus it's going to be about 65 degrees the day of our reservation.

Do ALL kids wear a dress? Or do some just have the hair/makeup/glitter etc. and wear their regular clothes?

My girls are not spoiled, but if they see everyone else in a dress, they're going to be a little jealous.
If they get jealous, then they will be jealous of the other girls who get to choose a dress then get a posh dressing room to change into before going into the salon for the hair and makeup. Your girls well see other girls wearing princess dresses.

65 degrees is comfortable temp for a princess dress. If you think that is too cool of weather, put on leggins or a fitted long sleeve under the dress. 65 degrees may be comfortable for some, cold for others depending on where you are coming from.
4kids4karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
Kingdome8
Mouseketeer

My girls are just doing hair makeup and nails.
They wouldn't wear dress all day anyway.
Kingdome8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:17 AM   #6
SDFgirl
Weekend spelunker
Cutting up foods makes me happy
Shared a flight with Carol Brady
Warning! If I don't know you I might bum a ride to get a haircut!

Sigh...I gave in and ran to the Disney Store this afternoon to buy the girls a dress each! They are good girls and I think they will really enjoy the "whole package" so to speak.

The good news...Disney Store is 25% off through Monday.

May 2005 POR - First trip as a couple
September 2008 POR - Found out we were expecting our middle DD on the last day
September 2009 BCV - Grand Gathering!
April 2010 FW - Tent Camping!
Next trip, February 2013 - Surprise for our 3 kids!
SDFgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:16 AM   #7
~Kristina~
DIS Veteran

I don't plan on getting a dress. I'm just paying for the crown package? for dd for her 10th birthday. I told her if she wanted the larger package with the dress, she'll have to ask for Disney gift cards for her birthday.

November 21-28, 2015 Fort Wilderness
Summer 2016
~Kristina~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #8
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

You can buy a princess dress at any store like walmart or TRU....much cheaper than buying one at disney. I'm pretty sure I've only seen girls always wearing a dress with their hair and all done. My daughter has no idea about BBB but said yesterday that she wants to get her hair fixed up and wear a dress. She must remember seeing girls who went there, lol. Great!
Pop Century...3/2006!
All Star Movies...1/2011!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
AKL-Kidani Villas...5/2014
All Star Sports...2/2015 (just me and hubby)
SweetMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #9
Cinderella909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sigh...I gave in and ran to the Disney Store this afternoon to buy the girls a dress each! They are good girls and I think they will really enjoy the "whole package" so to speak.

The good news...Disney Store is 25% off through Monday.
That was probably a good idea! It saves them from disappointment. I have always have bought the dress in the parks, so they are expensive, but that way DGD always gets to chose her dress. Most of the girls have dresses, but not all.

But, then, we HAD to have the shoes, princesses don't wear walking shoes! And, of course there is the matching purse, crown....

Since we often get the dress before the BBB appointment, I carry the dress so that she can get dress in the fancy dressing room. The BBB CM makes it a special do, and the girls enjoy the attention. This way too, we have a change of clothes for when she is ready to change out of her princess dress.

You will not regret getting the dresses. Your girls will feel like princesses. Will it be a surprise for your girls or do they already know they have their dresses?

Enjoy the pixie dust! Karen
Old 02-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #10
SaraMc
DIS Veteran

I saw a few girls when we took DD that got the BBB t-shirt and wore a cute tutu with it. Looked cute. While DD loved BBB, she kept talking the rest of the week about doing pirates league just like her big brother.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #11
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

I think they would feel left out --dressing up for little ones is part of the fun.
I would match a colored t- shirt and a tutu--easy to pack, and 1/4 the cost.
Plus they can use them again at home for dress -up.

Much more comfortable and a pair of shorts/pants can be added for touring the park.

light blue-Cinderella

yellow-Belle

pink- Sleeping Beauty

purple-Tangled

light green -Tink

Dark blue or red-Snow white

etc
bababear_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #12
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Most will either purchase or bring dresses with them. There are some that only do the hair/make up, but most definitely go to be dressed up like princesses. The CM's know the hairstyles and will still notice them, but maybe not as obvious as those with dresses. I would ask your daughters how they feel about it.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #13
jacdolfin
Mouseketeer

Keep in mind if your DD wants to be Princess Jasmine you will need to get that before you go. My daughter loves Jasmine and I bought a authentic costume from eBay. That year my daughter was pictured on the castle at night
jacdolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #14
TwinkleKS
Mouseketeer

We did the full package our first time, for the girls 4th birthday. We are going again in May and will do the package with the t-shirt and tutu. Dressing up is part of the deal ... and I notoriously spend money on just about anything Disney. However, you really are better of buying a dress at home and bringing it. You can get the same dress, or even a "better" looking one for less outside of the parks. Plus, the dresses at BBB are limited. My girl's actually wanted the wedding dresses, and they don't sell those at BBB (but they do right across the 'street').
TwinkleKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #15
ktlm
DIS Veteran

We've done it the last 3 years. I think I have seen one girl who looked to be about 9 or so doing it without a dress, but she was with her little sister who did have the whole dress. I don't think I have ever seen a little girl your daughters' ages who was there without a dress whether they brought it from home or bought it there. I would think that unless they don't like the princess dresses that they would not be happy to see other little girls being turned into "full princesses" and not have their own dresses to wear. I'd say find some cheaper ones at home and bring them, if you don't want to spend the money on the expensive WDW dresses. Lots of girls bring dresses from home to the BBB. The BBB does have one outfit now that is a BBB t-shirt with a tutu. I've seen pictures of it on here and think it is cute and we did see it at the BBB, but we didn't see any of the girls in the BBB or in the park in it during out trip. Maybe you could get by with a shirt and tutu if you didn't want to do full princess dress?
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: