Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

obb discount

so, for those in the know, I have a question.
i want to book three cabins while on our next cruise. we are planning a cruise with our grown children and their families.
dh will be traveling with me on the next cruise. can each of us book two cabins and get the discounts and obc or is it based on the fact we only have one cabin this time so we can only book two cabins for future travel.
i hope you understand this, its a little muddled i'm afraid.
tia
tinkerone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Each person with his/her own separate address can book up to 2 cabins. The "separate address" is based on the address you used on this cruise.

Specifically, my college age daughter has her own apartment. We listed her apartment address on our last cruise, and we were each able to book 2 cruises (me using our home address, she using her apartment at school). So, if you and DH can book using separate addresses, you can each book 2 cabins. Same address = 2 cabins per "family."
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Each person with his/her own separate address can book up to 2 cabins. The "separate address" is based on the address you used on this cruise.

Specifically, my college age daughter has her own apartment. We listed her apartment address on our last cruise, and we were each able to book 2 cruises (me using our home address, she using her apartment at school). So, if you and DH can book using separate addresses, you can each book 2 cabins. Same address = 2 cabins per "family."
hubby can always use his mothers address but how do we do this? do i contact the ta and tell her to put it on our reservation? also, does any paper work go to the second address or can we request it all come to the first address?
thanks for your quick response.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
hubby can always use his mothers address but how do we do this? do i contact the ta and tell her to put it on our reservation? also, does any paper work go to the second address or can we request it all come to the first address?
thanks for your quick response.
Yes, you would contact the TA and change the address. The paperwork can be sent to the TA, to all one address, or to each address.....but don't expect them to get it right. When I took a group on a cruise, I attempted to have all the paperwork sent to me. It worked for all except 2 people who got their stuff at their home addresses. Groan. At least they remembered to bring it!
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
clten
DIS Veteran

When you do your cruise check-in, you put in your address. Just use the second address there and then you will show as two addresses when you are onboard. If you don't put in the second address until after you get your cruise documents, all your paperwork will go to the one address they have. But if they mail promos in the future, they may go to the second address.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #6
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

I don't know how they would verify this information if you give incorrect addresses, but the two of you at one address can book two staterooms for the same cruise that receive the 10% discount and OBC, adn one room that will receive just the OBC.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #7
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

thanks for all the answers. I just received an email back from my ta and she mentioned something that made me go 'doohhh'. we are on a b2b so we can actually book the first two the first week and the third the following week. why I didn't think of this, well, who knows! but so so simple.
again, thanks all. now I will let everyone go help someone who actually needs it, i'll quit wasting your time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: